MSC World Europa Sales open in 10 days time

stuart2468

4 hours ago, sidari said:

Ate ... That explains it then but what a stupid idea for the YC design, wonder why so few YC insides 

YC insides are the greatest passenger density to surface area and also yield the lowest revenue per square foot.  Europa already has a rather densely packed YC, if all those Fantastice insides were YC insides the YC would be over run with passengers.  They needed to trim down the number of YC cabins so eliminating insides gets them lower density and eliminates the lower priced cabins too.  Still, seven is a bit on the low side.

1 hour ago, Stockjock said:

While I'm interested in the ship, I'm not particularly interested in the itineraries....

I understand that some have not visited these places, and generally they are certainly worth a visit, but I wish they could find some new and more varied itineraries that would be of greater interest to some.

From my understanding the very nature of the ship, LNG powered, means it's made for, and to a certain extent also restricted to, certain itineraries.  As more ships use this fuel source the support infrastucture will likely expand to allow more varied itineraries.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Até said:

YC insides are the greatest passenger density to surface area and also yield the lowest revenue per square foot.  Europa already has a rather densely packed YC, if all those Fantastice insides were YC insides the YC would be over run with passengers.  They needed to trim down the number of YC cabins so eliminating insides gets them lower density and eliminates the lower priced cabins too.  Still, seven is a bit on the low side.

I find it odd that all seven cabins are not together on one deck, and as you said looking at the deck plans it makes you wonder how people will get from one side to the other without having sliding doors between the YC and the other Inside cabins.

8 hours ago, Até said:

From my understanding the very nature of the ship, LNG powered, means it's made for, and to a certain extent also restricted to, certain itineraries.  As more ships use this fuel source the support infrastucture will likely expand to allow more varied itineraries.

...Also bear in mind that, despite whatever else MSC might to say, those ships are too long, too wide, and especially too tall for certain ports of call to reach, like the RCI Oasis class ones are. For such an example of that I believe those ships as too tall to go under the Lisbon's April 25 bridge. And that is just an example among others. They will use those ships mainly for the most popular 7 nights routes from by the most part the same ports the Oasis class is servicing plus the UAE ones. Oh, and let us to see if there is such a demand for them to build all the 4 ones on option. I hardly doubt it right now for the next 5-10 years to come. I believe them to build the 2 ones on firm order and exchange the 2 additional ones for some 3 of what I can call brand new Fantasia+ class ships (basically little bit larger Fantasia ships with the YC restaurant inside the enclave). Have a nice day!...

• Like 1

Looks like a nice ship but the size and amount of passengers turn me off a bit. Prices for the Mediterranean in 2023 seem a bit high for what we typically look at (Balcony, Aurea Package with a tub in the bathroom if possible). I imagine that we'll be on the Seaview or Seashore before we sail on the World Europa.

54 minutes ago, optimusprime82 said:

Looks like a nice ship but the size and amount of passengers turn me off a bit. Prices for the Mediterranean in 2023 seem a bit high for what we typically look at (Balcony, Aurea Package with a tub in the bathroom if possible). I imagine that we'll be on the Seaview or Seashore before we sail on the World Europa.

Size wise, if one removes the Aqua Theater from the RCI Oasis class, then the MSC world class will be nearly the same size. By and large most those 20k GT difference between both is there, so all of it will depend on how MSC employs crowd management measures. If they go the Oasis route by spreading the crowds between the various neighborhoods the right way, the difference wouldn't to be that noticeable for most of the other ships, otherwise it might to be such a nightmare. A larger ship doesn't necessarily mean a more crowded one. Musica class ships are such a 1/3 smaller both in size and passenger load than the smallest Fantasia class, but while a Fantasia class rarely felt crowded for me, a Musica class vessel felt crowded almost every time!...

I've been on the RCI Oasis class for one time and there is a reason for me to know it as the Airbus A380 of the seas!... TBHH, surprisingly or not, that ship never felt crowded, apart the usual times where it is supposed to be!... Is MSC ready for an A380 on its fleet? Only time will tell. I'd to be happy enough if they could to manage properly a nice A350 instead!... Oh, well, those are the Meras and Seasides!... ☺️

Regarding the prices... Await till the initial excitement is over... By September 2023 they might to be running that ship basically at the remaining fleet usual fares... Oh, well, with so many cabins to fill on a market still struggling for recovery that is quite certain right now, unless they move her to the US...

Hope to have helped a bit!...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nunagoras said:

Size wise, if one removes the Aqua Theater from the RCI Oasis class, then the MSC world class will be nearly the same size. By and large most those 20k GT difference between both is there, so all of it will depend on how MSC employs crowd management measures. If they go the Oasis route by spreading the crowds between the various neighborhoods the right way, the difference wouldn't to be that noticeable for most of the other ships, otherwise it might to be such a nightmare. A larger ship doesn't necessarily mean a more crowded one. Musica class ships are such a 1/3 smaller both in size and passenger load than the smallest Fantasia class, but while a Fantasia class rarely felt crowded for me, a Musica class vessel felt crowded almost every time!...

I've been on the RCI Oasis class for one time and there is a reason for me to know it as the Airbus A380 of the seas!... TBHH, surprisingly or not, that ship never felt crowded, apart the usual times where it is supposed to be!... Is MSC ready for an A380 on its fleet? Only time will tell. I'd to be happy enough if they could to manage properly a nice A350 instead!... Oh, well, those are the Meras and Seasides!... ☺️

Regarding the prices... Await till the initial excitement is over... By September 2023 they might to be running that ship basically at the remaining fleet usual fares... Oh, well, with so many cabins to fill on a market still struggling for recovery that is quite certain right now, unless they move her to the US...

Hope to have helped a bit!...

Agreed on the size versus crowd issue maybe not being an issue. A bigger ship just means more walking (which isn't always a bad thing) but sometimes it's nice not feeling like everything is a "mile" away. There's also the issue of that many passengers getting on and off at every port, plus other ships being in port as well, causes the port areas to feel crowded. 

I'm definitely interested in sailing on her. I'm just not willing to be an early booker especially at these prices. Really looking forward to seeing the YT videos about her once she launches. 

Edited by optimusprime82
  • Like 1

Guest BigRoger

Am now wondering if I’m still ‘the worse for drink’ after getting off Virtuosa last week…. Booked Europa for 2023(!!!!!) med and yacht club again…. What is wrong with me…. DW very happy (again) tho….

Of course it’s not cheap….. That said the price when you factor in the yacht club benefits and all inclusive aspects is very good….

Love Oasis class ships the most in the world so will be fascinated to go on this ‘oasis inspired’ ship…. Pricing for what yacht club offers versus suites on Oasis class is in a different world….

Looking at Europa YC  for summer 2023. Would be the first time in YC and was wondering if experienced YC pax on here would think the experience might be adversely affected by more YC staterooms, layout and so on. Cheers. Ken 

1 hour ago, BigRoger said:

Am now wondering if I’m still ‘the worse for drink’ after getting off Virtuosa last week…. Booked Europa for 2023(!!!!!) med and yacht club again…. What is wrong with me…. DW very happy (again) tho….

Of course it’s not cheap….. That said the price when you factor in the yacht club benefits and all inclusive aspects is very good….

Love Oasis class ships the most in the world so will be fascinated to go on this ‘oasis inspired’ ship…. Pricing for what yacht club offers versus suites on Oasis class is in a different world….

And now you’ve got me looking! We also love RCI Oasis class ships and have sailed on them several times. Thoroughly enjoyed our recent 4N on the Virtuosa and are looking forward to the 7N departing 3rd July (which I believe you’re also on?). We usually book a Junior Suite with RCI, however, their inflated prices are off putting atm so I’m going to attempt to persuade hubby that we ‘need’ to try YC on Europa 😁

Guest BigRoger
29 minutes ago, CaroleC said:

And now you’ve got me looking! We also love RCI Oasis class ships and have sailed on them several times. Thoroughly enjoyed our recent 4N on the Virtuosa and are looking forward to the 7N departing 3rd July (which I believe you’re also on?). We usually book a Junior Suite with RCI, however, their inflated prices are off putting atm so I’m going to attempt to persuade hubby that we ‘need’ to try YC on Europa 😁

Yep bang on in all respects…. I fear we are creating a pattern and precedent - 3rd July will be our first time in YC…. We did used to do outside cabins or balconies at most and were always happy….. we are seriously (re)considering Jewel from Cyprus at the moment given UK government being increasingly clear that they don’t want people travelling…. 

Just booked the YC Owner's Suite out of Dubai which has a very small premium considering how much larger a room it is.

Also a third adult in the room was very expensive, it was only $460 more to book an entire extra YC Inside cabin and ask along another person. A kid or teen was next to nothing, but an adult was almost $3000. So we booked that extra room and invited my best friend. Seems a shame to not have more people taking advantage of the large balcony and hot tub.

Not been on MSC yet but I can't resist a shiny new ship and the itinerary has some new stops which will be nice. Always looking for interesting new places to go.

Can't wait to see more details on the ship.

Edited by alistairg

Hmmm...looking at October 2023 and it is not much more than we are paying for May 2022 on the Seaview. 

My feeling is if I can get a week's cruise for three of us for under £2K (Balcony or higher) then I've done okay. With the current 5+5 discount is coming up at £1,991.81. 

1 hour ago, alistairg said:

Just booked the YC Owner's Suite out of Dubai which has a very small premium considering how much larger a room it is.

I also noticed that the OS isn't much more than the RS. I hope that pricing continues when the World Class ship comes to Miami.

Got my confirmations now.

I am in the UK, but it was around 20% cheaper to book this ship through a US travel agent.

After cash back the OS will be around $10000 for three of us. That is very cheap for a over 1000sq ft cabin.

I have booked 16002, as mentioned by someone else, I think this is the bigger OS by looking at the deck plan and the renderings on the MSC UK website seem to be the wrong way around.

The rooms are listed as 78 and 104sq metres, yet both the same price. The smaller one has a larger balcony, but as they are 65 and 48sq metres, past a certain point a larger balcony is not a lot of use.

The renderings are on the UK website, but not the US.

Labeled 18001 but I believe it is 16002

https://virtual-tours.msccruises.com/msc-world-class/Apartment4-msc-yacht-club-owners-suite-with-whirlpool-bath/en-gl/index.html

image.png.0f5967d67db0157496551d7335ef0cbe.png

Labeled 16002 but I believe it is 18001

https://virtual-tours.msccruises.com/msc-world-class/Apartment2-msc-yacht-club-owners-suite-with-whirlpool-bath/en-gl/index.html

image.png.3772f9ebcb5a075a0b77a970c1f0acf8.png

Nice as these rooms looks, it seems odd that they don't at least have two bathrooms. I am not sure why one of them has almost an entire kitchen in there.

The rooms are larger than a two bed aquatheatre on an Oasis class ship and this room suits us really well in terms of being able to bring along 6-8 people and have their own space. It would be nice if there was a similar room in the Yacht Club. I do wish the aquatheatre suite had a hot tub. We had the 4 bed villa/presidential suite on the Harmony a few years ago and the hot tub was awesome (it was also broken and had to be refilled constantly).

A two bed aquatheatre costs around $16000 for three people for a week usually and a Celebrity Edge Villa with similar accommodation costs around $30,000 for three people for a week. This looks a bargain in comparison.

Edited by alistairg

2 hours ago, alistairg said:

Got my confirmations now.

I am in the UK, but it was around 20% cheaper to book this ship through a US travel agent.

After cash back the OS will be around $10000 for three of us. That is very cheap for a over 1000sq ft cabin.

Wish I had the guts or even the knowledge to book using a US agent 😂 

I booked a cruise through a US website around 10 years ago.

The TA I dealt with then left and I have been using her ever since.

I always compare prices between the US and UK now. Sometimes the UK is cheaper. My cancelled cruise on the Anthem this summer was thousands cheaper in the UK than the US.

As well as being cheaper the US usually has better booking terms. With RCI you can cancel without losing your deposit which you cannot in the UK. This also means, I think, that you cannot reprice as easily if the price drops in the UK.

On MSC gratuities are included in the UK which closes the difference somewhat especially on a cheaper cabin where they will be a bigger percentage of the cost.

The other issue with booking in the US is paying in USD. If you use a credit card this will often cost you 3%. I have been paid partly in USD in the last few years and so have a USD bank account which I use. Alternatively there are credit cards which don't charge the exorbitant foreign currency fee although there are not many nowadays.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, alistairg said:

I booked a cruise through a US website around 10 years ago.

The TA I dealt with then left and I have been using her ever since.

I always compare prices between the US and UK now. Sometimes the UK is cheaper. My cancelled cruise on the Anthem this summer was thousands cheaper in the UK than the US.

As well as being cheaper the US usually has better booking terms. With RCI you can cancel without losing your deposit which you cannot in the UK. This also means, I think, that you cannot reprice as easily if the price drops in the UK.

On MSC gratuities are included in the UK which closes the difference somewhat especially on a cheaper cabin where they will be a bigger percentage of the cost.

The other issue with booking in the US is paying in USD. If you use a credit card this will often cost you 3%. I have been paid partly in USD in the last few years and so have a USD bank account which I use. Alternatively there are credit cards which don't charge the exorbitant foreign currency fee although there are not many nowadays.

Thanks. All sounds a bit too complicated for me though 😁

I am in the US and if any of you guys have any questions message me privately. For the record, I am not a travel agent.

There is one particular travel agency I use at times, which I think is the largest in the country but I’m not sure, and I have booked a European cruise line through them in the past, so my best guess is they might be easy to work with for Europeans.

Here in the US there are quite a few credit cards that do not charge that foreign transaction fee. I think I have at least three or four of them, but the best cards to find are those that don’t charge the fee and are also widely accepted in the United States. As an example, my American Express cards don’t charge a foreign transaction fee, but they are not widely excepted everywhere. But I do have several Visa credit cards that don’t charge the foreign transaction fee, and they are accepted most places. Here in the United States, the cards most widely excepted are Visa and MasterCard, followed by American Express and maybe Discover.

I’m not sure how hard it is for you to see US pricing, but I can sometimes see European pricing by using a VPN and changing the setting to make it appear as if I am in London or something along those lines.  And it is true that under most circumstances, you can cancel without any financial penalty, but there are some cruises which may not allow you to do that. They are the exception rather than the rule. Usually they will give you 90 days before the cruise, plus or minus, to receive a return of deposit without penalty.

We are getting a bit off topic, but RCI now allow you to change the country at the top of their home page just by clicking on it. I used to have to use a VPN.

For MSC you just use msccruises.co.uk or msccruisesusa.com

Google will find you US based internet travel agents which I use as a way to search multiple cruise lines at one and quickly check prices.

There are still fee free cards available but a lot less than there used to be. Barclaycard do a fee free card that pays 0.25% cash back even on overseas purchases.

Back to the Europa, I would like more details. The one thing worrying me on MSC vs RCI is the entertainment. I would like to see them doing a proper musical like RCI on such a big ship. Also I like when a ship has a cinema, but I don't see much of that other than on Disney.

It will be interesting to see the popularity of the cruises out of Dubai in such a large ship. Generally the ships there have been a little smaller, although Bellisima was there last year