Edge and Equinox July and August this summer!

39august

Web site is now showing 7 night summer cruises out of Ft. Lauderdale for both Edge and Equinox. Makes me more and more hopeful that our Sept/Oct b2b will be  somewhat back to what cruising once was. 

6 hours ago, 39august said:

Whoops. I don't know. Never looked for 7 night cruises. I just leapt to the conclusion that these were new listings. Guess I was wrong. Mods, please remove topic. 

Makes me excited anyway. We are 12 day on Equinox on 9/26🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻

Hey, us too and the Oct. 8 cruise after that. Sounds like B2B s are not going to be prohibited by CDC as someone posted testing rules for vaccinated pax and bold as anything the file read, back to back\" no testing for fully vaccinated. " Good luck to us!

I read elsewhere that Celebrity was going to do an Antigen test for B2B passengers.   That's fine with me (as long as I test negative😀)   We are on the 9/5 and 9/17.  More optimistic than ever.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, wrk2cruise said:

I read elsewhere that Celebrity was going to do an Antigen test for B2B passengers.   That's fine with me (as long as I test negative😀)   We are on the 9/5 and 9/17.  More optimistic than ever.

Is this current information?  I thought that the CDC dropped the requirement for any kind of Covid testing for vaccinated cruisers.  If that's correct, it really doesn't make sense that they would require a test for a B2B.

19 hours ago, wrk2cruise said:

Maybe on the St Maarten cruises, but they shouldn't be on any cruises out of US ports for those passengers that are fully vaccinated.

Testing of Embarking and Disembarking Passengers for Restricted Voyages

Screening Testing of All Embarking and Disembarking Passengers for Restricted Voyages
  Not Fully Vaccinated Passengers Fully Vaccinated Passengers
Embarkation Day Testing Viral (NAAT or antigen) Not Applicable*
Disembarkation Testing ^  Viral (NAAT or antigen) Not Applicable
Back-to-Back Sailing¥ Testing Viral (NAAT or antigen) Not Applicable

* While embarkation testing is not required, international travelers arriving in the U.S. are recommended to be tested 3-5 days after arrival, including those who are fully vaccinated. Cruise operators may follow this recommendation at their discretion.

^ Disembarkation testing is only required for voyages of more than 4 nights.

https://www.cdc.gov/quarantine/cruise/covid19-operations-manual-cso.html

Edited by Ken the cruiser

I got it from this CC article.

https://www.cruisecritic.com/ab/agents/variation-b/news/6129/

The article was addressing changes in general but the section on testing said that the SXM and Greece sailings requirements were also being changed for fully vaccinated passengers to no antigen testing at boarding but B2B passengers would be tested prior to second cruise.

To me it seems they are trying to align their policies as much as possible to current CDC agreements.  I understand that the CDC is not requiring testing of B2B vaccinated passengers but it may be in their best interest to do it anyway.   Like I said I have no problem if it will enable me to stay on for another 9 days!

• Like 1