Room 6215 on Volendamn

2 hours ago, driftwood cruiser said:

If you have stayed in this cabin please let me know how it was.  Im planning to book this room on the 2024 Grand Voyage. Thanks

There are pictures of Rotterdam’s  6217 on halfacts.com - https://halfacts.com/6217-rotterdam-v/

The cabin next to yours and should be the same.  Volendam is a sister ship to the now sold Rotterdam 

8 minutes ago, kazu said:

There are pictures of Rotterdam’s  6217 on halfacts.com - https://halfacts.com/6217-rotterdam-v/

The cabin next to yours and should be the same.  Volendam is a sister ship to the now sold Rotterdam 

I looked at the Volendam deck plan this morning on www.cruisedeckplans.com and saw that cabin (6217), thinking it would be next door to 6215.  But 6217 is a verandah and 6215 is an inside cabin.  There is only that one lone inside cabin on that stretch of hallway.  Maybe they can find another inside cabin to check out on www.halfacts.com

4 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

I looked at the Volendam deck plan this morning on www.cruisedeckplans.com and saw that cabin (6217), thinking it would be next door to 6215.  But 6217 is a verandah and 6215 is an inside cabin.  There is only that one lone inside cabin on that stretch of hallway.  Maybe they can find another inside cabin to check out on www.halfacts.com

Oops.  Thanks.  I forgot there was one inside cabin in that location 😔 

I took a look and it appears to be one of the larger inside cabins from the deck plans.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, driftwood cruiser said:

If you have stayed in this cabin please let me know how it was.  Im planning to book this room on the 2024 Grand Voyage. Thanks

On the high level floorplan, Volendam 6215 has a side door to the hallway. That is not very common but may allow you to compare with a similar room. My guess is that the arrangement is similar to the Volendam 7086 (without the window).  My pictures of 7086 are on the Hal Facts site.

The location of 6215 has a nice benefit. The public decks at the stern on deck 6 and 7 are not usually crowded. Everyone else near you has a verandah. Plus the other passengers stay on deck 8 by the pool.

https://halfacts.com/r-class/7086-volendam/

Volendam6215Room.jpg

8 hours ago, driftwood cruiser said:

Are you saying you are planning to book it when it opens for booking?

Edited by Hflors

I use cruisedeckplans.com--something like $15/3 yr. membership allows you to see photos uploaded by others--combined with halfacts.com to vet rooms. 

I looked for 6215, but it has no pics attached.  It is under the Rotterdam dining room and they often open that rear area for morning breakfast.  It could be noisy then, but I doubt it would be too bad because the dining room is carpeted.

We've been on other ships with those types of lengthwise aligned rooms and we loved them.  The room is definitely larger than other interiors.

• 3 months later...
On 5/25/2021 at 6:18 PM, OHCruiser said:

I use cruisedeckplans.com--something like $15/3 yr. membership allows you to see photos uploaded by others--combined with halfacts.com to vet rooms. 

I looked for 6215, but it has no pics attached.  It is under the Rotterdam dining room and they often open that rear area for morning breakfast.  It could be noisy then, but I doubt it would be too bad because the dining room is carpeted.

We've been on other ships with those types of lengthwise aligned rooms and we loved them.  The room is definitely larger than other interiors.

Looks to me like 6125 has cabins above, and a dining area below.