Given what we know now

Sorry,but there is so much to sort through and it’s ever changing but- 

given what we know now, and how each cruise line is handling opening back up with Covid protocols ,which cruise ship would be less likely to cancel or have an itinerary change? A Norwegian Encore out of Miami in Nov or a ROyal Odyssey cruise in Nov. I’m trying to decide which way to go. 
ETA- I’m not asking which ship is better or more fun. 

Edited by Ocean Cat

I truly believe they all think they are doing the right thing to sail safely.  Its going to be a nightmare for any cruise line if there are Covid cases on any given sailing.  The media will eat it up like ice cream.  A lot of it is going to come down to luck just like any norovirus sailing.  We all have to just pray our sailing goes off without a hitch.  There will be "outbreaks".  Its how they handle them that will determine how fast cruising gets back to "normal".

21 minutes ago, Ocean Cat said:

Sorry,but there is so much to sort through and it’s ever changing but- 

given what we know now, and how each cruise line is handling opening back up with Covid protocols ,which cruise ship would be less likely to cancel or have an itinerary change? A Norwegian Encore out of Miami in Nov or a ROyal Odyssey cruise in Nov. I’m trying to decide which way to go. 
ETA- I’m not asking which ship is better or more fun. 

I think that either cruise would be o.k. The Odyssey is trying to quell a COVID outbreak onboard right now. So,,, even with protocols in place, there is always a potential of a cancellation. 

7 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

I think that either cruise would be o.k. The Odyssey is trying to quell a COVID outbreak onboard right now. So,,, even with protocols in place, there is always a potential of a cancellation. 

Though this ship had lot of new Crew, many or most not yet Vaccinated. 

• Like 1

Thanks. The way i understood it is that NCL is requiring 100% vaccinated and Royal is only requiring 95% would that make a difference? I feel like DeSsntis will get everything sorted out at the cruise ports so I don’t think sailing out of Miami will be a problem. Otherwise I could look at The Breakaway that’s sailing out of New Orleans. 

13 minutes ago, Ocean Cat said:

Thanks. The way i understood it is that NCL is requiring 100% vaccinated and Royal is only requiring 95% would that make a difference? I feel like DeSsntis will get everything sorted out at the cruise ports so I don’t think sailing out of Miami will be a problem. Otherwise I could look at The Breakaway that’s sailing out of New Orleans. 

I dont think rcl has said they are only requiring 95%, that's conjecture. Rcl is allowing kids under 12 to not be vaccinated. (Yes up to 16 now). I've seen maybe rcl is doing test cruises, but that too seems a guess. Some think kids are more than 5%. .. we dont know.

By nov the cso expires and may not be renewed. Could be if it expires ncl will also allow kids. Nov 1st has it's own what ifs. And OP wants to cruise in Nov 

29 minutes ago, Ocean Cat said:

What happens Nov 1st? 

The day the CDC's Conditional Sailing Order (CSO) expires.  It's not known if it will be renewed. It has been updated with many changes since it was issued back in October of 2020.

https://www.cdc.gov/quarantine/pdf/CDC-Conditional-Sail-Order_10_30_2020-p.pdf

It’s up to the public to stand up and say enough is enough. The vaccines are out and we should be back to normal. People who have received their vaccination should not be afraid, even of people who have not been vaccinated, but we have been seeing the death and gloom for almost 1.5 years and there are a lot of people who will be fearful and overly cautious forever.

We will have spikes and it is up to government officials to be confident in the vaccines and treatments, and stop hiding behind masks and stroking more fear into people.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

The Odyssey is trying to quell a COVID outbreak onboard right now.

There is no covid outbreak on board. There never was.  4 new crew members got on board after testing negative, went into the mandatory quarantine period, then tested positive.

• Like 2