"Cruise clothes"

Some of us, including me, have clothes that we almost only wear on cruises.  Others might say "What are cruise clothes??"

A concern right now might be whether anything will fit when we cruise again!

Several news articles are indicating that after a year of only wearing sweats, women are beginning to dress up even more than they did two years ago.  Will you?

We've been watching a fun Bollywood movie, "Dil Dhadakne Do".  It takes place on the former Sovereign of the Seas, and is filled with beautiful people wearing fabulous clothes.  It's also a good story.  And there is a scene in which the dancers do a Charleston, wearing flapper dresses similar to one I just bought for the Gatsby parties on our MSC cruises.

I can't wait!

• Like 3

Hi, I am taking a cruise in July--sailing out of Greece🙂..... actually I did get some new clothes for the trip but will be able to use them here at home. Daytime is capri's and short sleeved tops for excursions.

Evenings,  I have multiple pairs of slacks with nice tops. I have gained some weight over these past months and just had no desire to try and lose it.  I also got a new jumpsuit in a crepe material...it is really cute. Red with with white polka dots. 

The slacks are black, grey and a periwinkle.......the other 2 pairs are from what I already own and are dressier (they still fit🙂) I have very dressy tops that go with them (that I already own). 

As for the past year, I retired at the end of 2019 and so yes, my days have all been very casual. I am so looking forward to this cruise😃  daytime on this cruise will be excursions in every port. 

I think it still has not fully sunk in that I am taking a cruise-----18 months later.

• Like 1

Lois, How exciting to be cruising in July!  Wishing you a wonderful time.

I do love jumpsuits, and your red and white polka dot one sounds great!  My new one, never worn yet, is a very soft rayon with a black background and Hawaiian-looking flowers.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, shipgeeks said:

Lois, How exciting to be cruising in July!  Wishing you a wonderful time.

I do love jumpsuits, and your red and white polka dot one sounds great!  My new one, never worn yet, is a very soft rayon with a black background and Hawaiian-looking flowers.  

Your jumpsuit sounds pretty too🙂

And thanks for the good wishes.  I keep remembering back to Jan 2020.....I took a cruise to the Caribbean for a week.  It is unreal what has happened over the last year and 1/2😲

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ger_77 said:

Word to the wise:  don’t wear a jumpsuit on a plane, especially if there’s even a remote chance you have to use the restroom!  LOL

Smooth Sailing! 🙂🙂🙂

Good advice!  I remember back in the 80's that Banana Republic had a lot of ads for their jumpsuits, the "perfect travel item", and even though I loved their style and their advertising, I thought "No, not really......."

I made that mistake on the way to our first cruise in 1989.  I thought I looked pretty awesome in my white crinkle cotton jumpsuit with a great red and white striped neckerchief.  All went well until I had to use the airplane lavatory - getting in there, I realized I would have to strip down and hold everything off the floor so nothing got wet.  Ugh.  Lesson learned.  LOL

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

• Like 1

Lois, Look what you and your jumpsuit have started!  I just turned on the tv; there was Jane Russell on a ship, in a black jumpsuit, looking very glamorous.

I was never a fan of 50's fashion, especially as a beanpole teen in those days, but this was a good look!

4 minutes ago, shipgeeks said:

Lois, Look what you and your jumpsuit have started!  I just turned on the tv; there was Jane Russell on a ship, in a black jumpsuit, looking very glamorous.

I was never a fan of 50's fashion, especially as a beanpole teen in those days, but this was a good look!

Did you have AMC on? What movie was she is in?🙂

• 2 weeks later...

Re: jumpsuits; had never worn one before, and bought 2 fancy ones before our last cruise. Found out in a hurry the bathroom issue. My husband had to hang around outside the ladies room and zip me back up 😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Well, yesterday our September cruises were cancelled.

Also yesterday, I found a pair of beautiful Charles Jourdan pumps, my size, perfect condition, at the local charity store.  I bought them.  I've been looking for a new pair of black heels.

Did I buy them to cheer myself up, or because I'm confident I will cruise again before too long?  Both, I think.

I sat down, put them on, stood up, and both legs immediately cramped.  Even with weekly ballet classes, 17 months without wearing heels told me I better do some practice walking!

One more item ready to be packed!

15 minutes ago, jhsocal said:

Do your jumpsuits have extra material or built-in bra? Found a strapless one with extra material  at top, warm weather can enjoy sans bra.

One of mine is just sleeveless and button-front; I can wear a regular bra with it.  My black crepe one is halter-neck, top is lined and shaped, no bra.  My new Hawaiian print one has a bustier-like top, stretchy back, and little straps.

Yours sounds good!

Mine is a crepe material and I definitely need to wear a bra with it. It is sleeveless and has a zip in the back (which I can reach).  Actually, I plan to wear it to dinner.....it can be dressed up.  I am too large to wear it without support.