Cruising TO Bermuda in 2021?

JFontaine

1 minute ago, JamieLogical said:

I have heard nothing about any other cruise line requiring onboard testing for US citizens returning to US ports.

Crystal is requiring it-- I'm sure they are just anticipating an update to the current policy. Regardless-- I cant imagine doing all of that on a larger NCL ship, even at reduced capacity. It's going to create an incredible bottleneck. I'm skeptical Crystal can pull it off smoothly with 500 or so passengers. Would love to be proven wrong. 

1 minute ago, princeton123211 said:

Crystal is requiring it-- I'm sure they are just anticipating an update to the current policy. Regardless-- I cant imagine doing all of that on a larger NCL ship, even at reduced capacity. It's going to create an incredible bottleneck. I'm skeptical Crystal can pull it off smoothly with 500 or so passengers. Would love to be proven wrong. 

From what I understand, the Crystal sailings that have happened so far have only had about 180 passengers onboard, so I don't think there will be 500 on your sailing. As for testing requirements when returning to the US, I see nothing about tests being required for disembarkation on either of these sites:

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/international-travel/before-you-go/travelers-with-special-considerations/cruise-ship-passengers.html

https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/travel/notices/covid-3/coronavirus-cruise-ship

2 minutes ago, JamieLogical said:

From what I understand, the Crystal sailings that have happened so far have only had about 180 passengers onboard, so I don't think there will be 500 on your sailing.

They are capping themselves at 60% so there is the possibility it could be that high-- whether they are booked at that level will depend. 

2 minutes ago, JamieLogical said:

As for testing requirements when returning to the US, I see nothing about tests being required for disembarkation on either of these sites:

None of that matters if the cruise line is requiring it. It's not like I'm going to argue with them over it. I'm sure they are just covering themselves in case. 

2 minutes ago, princeton123211 said:

None of that matters if the cruise line is requiring it. It's not like I'm going to argue with them over it. I'm sure they are just covering themselves in case. 

Good point. I just don't want to confuse anyone who is NOT sailing with Crystal by making them think this is a US requirement or standard operating procedure for most cruise lines.

2 hours ago, princeton123211 said:

Crystal is requiring it-- I'm sure they are just anticipating an update to the current policy.

Actually I think that's an error in their Bermuda Vacation Guide. It looks like they pulled wording from the Bahamas Vacation Guide . When you read it carefully you'll see it says they'll  be doing the antigen test onboard the Crystal Serenity, which is the ship doing the Bahamas itinerary. Those passengers who are disembarking that ship in the Bahamas need the antigen test to fly back to the US. Symphony passengers don't need a test because there's no requirement for it when arriving on a cruise ship. 

I've been following the posts on the Crystal board about Crystal's Bermuda sailings very closely as I'm considering booking one the cruises departing NY, and not one person has mentioned Crystal conducting an antigen test on board for passengers disembarking in Boston.

Edited by njhorseman

2 hours ago, njhorseman said:

I've been following the posts on the Crystal board about Crystal's Bermuda sailings very closely as I'm considering booking one the cruises departing NY, and not one person has mentioned Crystal conducting an antigen test on board for passengers disembarking in Boston.

Hope you're right-- one less thing to do. That being said one last antigen test on the way back North most likely wouldn't deter me from taking this trip. Was just going off of what was sent over to us. 

On 9/8/2021 at 4:38 PM, princeton123211 said:

Hope you're right-- one less thing to do. That being said one last antigen test on the way back North most likely wouldn't deter me from taking this trip. Was just going off of what was sent over to us. 

A Crystal passenger just confirmed that there's no disembarkation test:

• Like 1