Carnival mastercard

What are the benifits of the card, I received 200  dollars off on my bill the first time I used it to book a cruise in 2019. They told me that this is only good for the first cruise. what are the other benifits of the card when booking future cruises?

Edited by Buck Turgidson
to clear it up

1 hour ago, Buck Turgidson said:

What are the benifits of the card, I received 200  dollars off on my bill the first time I used it to book a cruise in 2019. They told me that this is only good for the first cruise. what are the other benifits of the card when booking future cruises?

When you use the card you accumulate points. Those points can be used as on board credits or towards your bill. 

• Thanks 1

You can build up points to pay for your cruise.  For example, if you use your card to pay for everyday bills  (food, electric, etc, etc) then you can eventually accrue enough points to pay for a cruise. I have done that several times

• Thanks 1

Several well-known banks now have no-annual-fee cards that offer much better rewards than the Carnival Barclay's card.  I did get it for the $200 "instant rebate" on a Carnival deposit and it worked well.  But the points to cash conversion is not worth it... Citi has a 2% cash-back on everything, all the time, Chase has the 5% cash-back on all Amazon and Whole Foods (plus 5% cash-back on rotating quarterly additional purchase categories - this quarter is travel and gas stations, so I paid my Carnival deposit on a second cruise and will pay the balances on Chase card), Capital One has the 4% cash-back on all restaurants all the time.  I juggle those three cards for my monthly purchases.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I have one, but never use it now. There are many better cards out there. After that initial $200, with the exception of Carnival purchases, the best you get is 1.5%, and that is you let it build up to 100,000 points. Otherwise it is 1%. My Citi card is 2% cash back on everything and you can get it as cash to use any way you want, not just on cruises. 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Joe817 said:

Wow and double wow! :classic_ohmy:  Like going back in time with Carnival! A true piece of history. I love stuff like that! Thanks for sharing. 👍

I keep my collection of Carnival cards in a 3-ring binder

which I take with me on cruises! I show it around to various crew.

IT TURNS HEADS!

I've had several crew members contribute cards
including the folks at Front Desk/Customer Services
(early morning when they're not busy).

I've had Crew come up with amazing crew cards!

you and I will never see again.

1991-July.jpg

1992 -scan0003.jpg

1986 -July -HOLIDAY.jpg

2cards-927.jpg

• Like 1

If you have any old cards at the bottom of your socks drawer
you might consider adding to my considerable collection.

Any cards are welcome, seriously.
Just void the info on the mag-stripe -and your details are toast!
Fridge Magnet.

dh-jennie(at)outlook dot com

1995 -KeysCarnival.jpg

Goldx2.jpg

Victory09-832.jpg

Victory-2012red.jpg

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Buck Turgidson said:

No benefits at all. I strongly recommend, do not get it. Check out other cards that offer a lot more benefits. The one I use is from Bank of America (Not the travel card unless you fly a lot) The one I use is the Premium Rewards card. Better perks. I would never pay a yearly fee till I found this card and what you get with it which includes travel insurance. We do cruise 4-6 times a year, if possible. It has awesome coverage. The card is $90 a year, but just for the travel insurance alone it is worth it. If you sped $3000 in the first 90 days they give you a $500.00 credit. Check it out and read all that you get with it. Blows away any other card out there. No, I do not work for the Bank.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, IntrepidFromDC said:

Good reminder!  Thanks.

Well that would be nice if every month you took an excursion to save 10%. I make a lot more every month with my card that is NOT a Carnival card. I get 3.5% back of the cost of a cruise. 3.5% off of what the excursion cost me and anything I purchase on or off the ship. I get 5.75% on gas for the car. 

Carnival card is not so great at all.

14 minutes ago, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

Well that would be nice if every month you took an excursion to save 10%. I make a lot more every month with my card that is NOT a Carnival card. I get 3.5% back of the cost of a cruise. 3.5% off of what the excursion cost me and anything I purchase on or off the ship. I get 5.75% on gas for the car. 

Carnival card is not so great at all.

10% is 10%, whether it's every month or 12 times a year (4 cruises x 3 excursions).  I'll take that over the 5% I'm currently getting with my Chase Visa for cruise excursions - what card only gives you 3.5% off excursions, so I know not to get that one?  🤪  Seriously though, what no-annual-fee card is giving you 5.75% on gas?  That one does beat my 5% on gas (but still not my 10% on 12 excursions a year!).

15 hours ago, IntrepidFromDC said:

10% is 10%, whether it's every month or 12 times a year (4 cruises x 3 excursions).  I'll take that over the 5% I'm currently getting with my Chase Visa for cruise excursions - what card only gives you 3.5% off excursions, so I know not to get that one?  🤪  Seriously though, what no-annual-fee card is giving you 5.75% on gas?  That one does beat my 5% on gas (but still not my 10% on 12 excursions a year!).

Pretty much what I keep the carnival around for. Certain cards have certain benefits! 

16 hours ago, IntrepidFromDC said:

I did make a mistake It is 5.25% on gas. I can get the same using it for a cruise but no travel insurance with this card. Just with the Premium Rewards card.

Here is the information for the no annual fee Cash rewards card.  If you just take into account a standard cruise and everything you spend on a cruise including gaming. You will get an average of about $200.00 back on the card. Here is BoAs information.

3% cash back in the category of your choice: gas, online shopping, dining, travel, drug stores, or home improvement/furnishings Learn morecash back categories 2% cash back at grocery stores and wholesale clubs You’ll earn 3% and 2% cash back on the first $2,500 in combined choice category/grocery store/wholesale club purchases each quarter. Online $200 cash rewards bonus after making Enjoy no annual fee while maximizing your cash back by choosing how you earn rewards at least $1,000 in purchases in the first 90 days of your account opening.

Preferred Rewards members (Which I am) earn 25%-75% more cash back on every purchase.

That means the 3% choice category could go up to 5.25% and the 2% at grocery stores and wholesale clubs could go up to 3.5%, for the first $2,500 in combined choice category/grocery store/wholesale club purchases each quarter.

I have it, even though there are better cards out there. 

The $200 statement credit for signing up, and 10% off shore excursions is nice. Also, the card has no foreign transaction fees, which can come in handy for international travel. 

• Like 1

On 5/30/2021 at 4:55 PM, jfaaborg said:

I think the Carnival card gets you 10% off excursions. Take along time to accumulate points compared to other cards

That is just about all I use mine for now. With a group of 8, that 10% really does add it.

My favorite card to use every day is Capital One Venture card. It accumulates points fast and I can use them for travel, cash back or gift card. I usually use it to secure my sign and sail account then use the points to pay my balance when I get my bill.

10 hours ago, CoasterGuy said:

I have it, even though there are better cards out there. 

The $200 statement credit for signing up, and 10% off shore excursions is nice. Also, the card has no foreign transaction fees, which can come in handy for international travel. 

The BoA card, depending is $200 or $500 depending on which one you choose. Guess you are stuck on a few dollars savings with 10% on a shore excursion. Certainly your choice. I had a Carnival card many years ago. Only good at the time was paying for a cruise. Then all the other cards now available blew it away. 

Not really Carnival card related, but travel.  I find real value in my IHG Mastercard. It's not free. It's $89yr. But just for having the card you get 1 free reward night annually, which can be about a $250-$300 value.