Star Breeze Underway

Donabq

21 hours ago, Nearpost345 said:

Hi minidonuts, if possible would you please ask the crew what they know about vaccine availability (for them), thank you.

Hi....got two similar responses-one from a person on the Breeze and another from someone getting ready to join the Windsurf. Both said if the vaccine wasnt available to them in their home country, they'd be vaccinated on-board before pax arrive. 

Thank you minidonuts, that is encouraging. Hopefully Windstar will give that a little publicity on their web site. We’re sailing on the Star Breeze on September 4th, so our crew will be ten weeks into their contract by then and immune.

7 hours ago, Nearpost345 said:

Thank you minidonuts, that is encouraging. Hopefully Windstar will give that a little publicity on their web site. We’re sailing on the Star Breeze on September 4th, so our crew will be ten weeks into their contract by then and immune.

Yea agree...WS would get a lot of mileage if they just made that clear on their site. 

minidonuts85 & Nearpost345 have offers up some very encouraging information.  Thank you to you both.

While I am not a lawyer, I have worked with "terms and conditions" related to transportation, travel and hospitality for over 35 years. And I must start with the statement "this is only one person's unconfirmed opinion", mine!

Windstar has every intention of getting their crews 100% vaccinated. If they don't, the risk to their row of dominoes is far too great.  BUT if they turn this into a public promise (in writing), it only takes one misstep to destroy their reputation (and future existence).  They know they are dealing with hundreds of crew members from far and wide.  Working for Windstar might be the best opportunity for these crew members to get vaccinated, considering many of them are from countries currently without an adequate vaccine supply.

Windstar is telling us they are "doing their best".  It is in their interest to do it perfectly.  But getting caught in a possible broken promise, outside of their direct control, is a bigger risk than they need to take.  I am very satisfied with the way Windstar has handled this.  There is no purveyor of a cruise experience higher on my list than Windstar.

• Like 4

We’ll be looking out for you Petoonya.

Thanks for those comments Del Rio, I do to an extent understand Windstar’s hesitancy to over promise on this whole crew/vaccine thing.

For me the massive data point yet to appear will be the number of covid cases found on board Star Breeze after ten weeks swanning around the Caribbean and Central America. If the ship is covid free after that we’ll probably put aside our concerns and head for Costa Rica in September.