Suite Lounge Open During Adventure of the Seas from Nassau?

When my DH and I were on the Adventure- they did have a small suite lounge.  However, they only had a portable bar and "free drinks" were only available during the evening cocktail hours.  No special suite dining room although we did have daily breakfast in one of the specialty restaurants.  

While the suite perks- grand and above aren't great- we enjoy the suites size and other perks.   

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Hoopster95 said:

What does a small 500 square foot enclosed room (suite lounge) do that's better than an entire 100,000 square foot ship?

Make some people feel they are better than others? LOL

20 hours ago, SailorMarg said:

I’m considering upgrading my Junior Suite to a Grand Suite on my Adventure of the Seas sailing from Nassau this July.  Is there a general idea as to whether the Suite Lounge will be available during these sailings?  Any hints as to RCCL’s intentions here?  It is definitely one of my main reasons for booking Grand Suites and probably would not pay the premium over a Junior Suite for the other perks alone.

We did this a few years back,And it was such a waste of money.We might have gone in the SL maybe 3 times for 5 mins.

7 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

You're missing out.

When the lounges are crowded you're not missing out on anything by skipping them.  Hoping that RCI takes the opportunity to change the SL/CL so they are only available to suite guests.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, Cigar King said:

When the lounges are crowded you're not missing out on anything by skipping them.  Hoping that RCI takes the opportunity to change the SL/CL so they are only available to suite guests.

I've rarely seen packed lounges, even the ones in the middle of the ship on deck 9.  If it is packed, it's not for long.

Plus the lounges aren't just for happy hour. It's a quiet place during the day. Coffee available for the early morning people. No need to fight for time with a NextCruise agent, there will be one there.

On 6/1/2021 at 1:09 PM, NightOne said:

Make some people feel they are better than others? LOL

Absolutely not IMO.  Some people can afford to live in big houses, have fancy cars and get huge suites Some people work 2-3 jobs.  Everyone should do what they can do or afford.   As long as we are each happy, that is great.  Not showing off or feeling better than others- but they do have more money!  lol.

4 hours ago, Cruise a holic said:

Absolutely not IMO.  Some people can afford to live in big houses, have fancy cars and get huge suites Some people work 2-3 jobs.  Everyone should do what they can do or afford.   As long as we are each happy, that is great.  Not showing off or feeling better than others- but they do have more money!  lol.

I can afford to book a suite and go in the little suite lounge room but I choose not to.

1. I don't need a bigger room 99% of the time

2. I don't need to pretend I am special or above anyone else

3. I wouldn't want to hang out with people that think they are better than everyone else

So,  NO they don't necessarily "have more money".

19 minutes ago, NightOne said:

I can afford to book a suite and go in the little suite lounge room but I choose not to.

1. I don't need a bigger room 99% of the time

2. I don't need to pretend I am special or above anyone else

3. I wouldn't want to hang out with people that think they are better than everyone else

So,  NO they don't necessarily "have more money".

We are very middle class, we love a bigger room/suite , We aren't special and do not consider ourselves special, we donate both physically and financial to many charities-  But we like to work hard and play hard.  Again a choice.  I have had friends who- scrimped and saved, not because it was necessary, but for a old age- they deprived themselves saving for the future- which never came!  So our philosophy is to  enjoy today- but of course consider tomorrow .  Fortunately, our children are professional and can support themselves- aren't concerned with any inheritance!  And in fact are generous with us!

19 minutes ago, Cruise a holic said:

We are very middle class, we love a bigger room/suite , We aren't special and do not consider ourselves special, we donate both physically and financial to many charities-  But we like to work hard and play hard.  Again a choice.  I have had friends who- scrimped and saved, not because it was necessary, but for a old age- they deprived themselves saving for the future- which never came!  So our philosophy is to  enjoy today- but of course consider tomorrow .  Fortunately, our children are professional and can support themselves- aren't concerned with any inheritance!  And in fact are generous with us!

My other thing is I never want to be in a room with someone who says "work hard and play hard" LOLOLOL

Kidding ... maybe LOL

I think you will agree that it is not a stretch to say that RCCL cruisers tend to think of themselves as above CCL and NCL cruisers.

I get it but its just not for me. If I wanted to go that route I would choose Yacht Club, Haven, or whatever the equivalent RCCL one is. (Star Class maybe?)

31 minutes ago, NightOne said:

My other thing is I never want to be in a room with someone who says "work hard and play hard" LOLOLOL

Kidding ... maybe LOL

I think you will agree that it is not a stretch to say that RCCL cruisers tend to think of themselves as above CCL and NCL cruisers.

I get it but its just not for me. If I wanted to go that route I would choose Yacht Club, Haven, or whatever the equivalent RCCL one is. (Star Class maybe?)

Ncl IMO not nearly as nice as Celebrity or Royal. We love Celebrity sky suites.  Went on the breakaway in the haven, but prefer celebrity or Royal.  We love the oasis class ships crown loft suites.  Overall our favorite

Sky class is great! 

Edited by Cruise a holic