Encore to replace the Bliss for 2021 Alaska Cruises?

mianmike

I'm calling now to find out what's going on.  Looks like one of the issues is a $1k in gratuities and another $1k in other prepaids.

Ok, so the NCL rep says they are aware of the issue.  Their system added extra charges and they are working to correct it.  Should be getting a corrected confirmation later.  So hopefully they fix it.  

Also noticed that the 10% off I had is now gone.  Seems to be a real cluster of a mess.

Edited by robcolem

Mine appears to be in flux at the moment as I have two webpages open both with different cabins and different prices.

I am not unhappy with the change of cabin, it's not far from where I was and very similar.

my cruise cost has gone up a 100 for some reason but as they don't show a breakdown and the headline price is the same I'm not sure why.

When I get the email and see the full breakdown I should be able to work out the price increase, could be the deposit as that was 100.

Fortunately I still have my 10% as it was still in my account as my PCC had not applied it yet.

So it looks like they've got things really messed up! My new confirmation price is $1712.30 more than my price was on the Bliss. Looks like the actual price per person is lower by about $100 but the discount was less than on the Bliss, and they've added something called primary package fee that interestingly enough is the same amount as the per person price for the Bliss. Very strange. Also, did anyone check out the prepaid gratuities? Mine show up as $147.95 per person per day. 🤣 Someone at NCL has a LOT of work to do!

• Like 1

I called and the rep said it was some sort of penalty for switching ships that they are going to have corrected by early next week.  She said I should get a new confirmation, but I should call if I don't see anything come through.   My fare went up by $500 and some change for a BB balcony cabin.

I never even received a notification about the ship switching, just an invoice that finally came over at 7:30 this morning.  I have been trying to get an invoice since I booked on Sunday.

• Like 1

I will wait to see if I get a corrected invoice after seeing all these comments. 

I received an invoice this morning and it was around $400 more than it should be. The prepaid gratuities also show up as $46.73 per person a day. 🤪 

They also changed my room (same category and deck but different location)..My original room was close to the elevators and the new room is all the way forward at the end. 

I never received a confirmation when I booked the cruise on Monday night and had been trying to get one. I also never received notification of the ship changing either. 

Edited by redsox1584
  • Like 1

My TA hasn’t forwarded the new confirmation yet, but I suspect that’s because she reviewed it and saw the messed-up charges. The NCL app shows me on Encore with the same cabin number, not that it matters a lot for Studios. 

Hopefully they’ll get the billing thing straightened out and refund the FCC I’d already applied for the prepaid service charge and Thermal Suite pass. 

But at least I made my Onda booking. The rest can wait. 

25 minutes ago, coastcat said:

My TA hasn’t forwarded the new confirmation yet, but I suspect that’s because she reviewed it and saw the messed-up charges. The NCL app shows me on Encore with the same cabin number, not that it matters a lot for Studios. 

Hopefully they’ll get the billing thing straightened out and refund the FCC I’d already applied for the prepaid service charge and Thermal Suite pass. 

But at least I made my Onda booking. The rest can wait. 

You are lucky! My account won't allow me to book any meals right now. Also, is the thermal spa showing as an option to book for anyone? It's not showing up on my list of things you can book. 

I'm not touching an NCL cruise until they've sailed away an come back with happy customers.  All this screwing around the past few weeks is getting too intense to let it be a fun thing.  I can wait and do a last minute booking if I wish.  

• Like 6

I agree with others that things have been frustrating recently. Still, I know that I tend to "want what I want when I want it." I want NCL to get things right right now and when they don't, I get frustrated. I'm trying to see things not just from my perspective, but NCL's. There are a lot of moving parts these days regarding staffing, vaccinations, port agreements, moving of ships, changing laws, borders opening and closing, and the dreaded Covid-19. It's got to be frustrating for both management and rank-and-file NCL employees. I think we all need to take a deep breath and not fixate on getting everything we want right away. It's only going to make things worse. That's just my take on it. For now, I'm crossing my fingers that our cruise in September will happen. If not, we'll put it off till later. Good luck to everyone!

• Like 6

15 hours ago, AryMay said:

I just watched this video and it makes it sound like the Alaska cruise season could be in jeopardy but honestly I didn’t understand all that was being said. Makes me a little nervous to go ahead and make flight arrangements and purchase insurance if the cruise isn’t going to go. 

f

Thanks for this info!

38 minutes ago, SSFun said:

You are lucky! My account won't allow me to book any meals right now. Also, is the thermal spa showing as an option to book for anyone? It's not showing up on my list of things you can book. 

I don’t see it either. 

It will take a few days for NCL to sort out the transfer. I agree with @DCGuy64, fussing about it right now just adds stress. If it’s still a mess in 5 days, when the first final payment date hits for the Encore cruises, then we’ve got a problem…

• Like 2

On 6/2/2021 at 2:48 AM, mianmike said:

The Bliss Alaska 2021 sailings could be moving to the Encore. Based on the cruise ship port calendar for Seattle the Encore will arrive in Seattle on August 6th and depart on the 7th and returning every 7 days through Oct 23rd. The Bliss is not mentioned. 

The Encore has also replaced the Bliss on the Port Calendars for Ketchikan, Skagway, Icy Straight and Juneau.

We're booked on the Bliss for the 1st Alaska sailing on August 7th.  If we move over to the Encore I'll be fine, if we stay on the Bliss I'll be fine.  Will be sailing Alaska and that's all that matters. 

Seattle Port Calendar: 

image.png.3abdf5e4498acda93e39e757207bd45d.png

https://claalaska.com/?page_id=1250

Our aft penthouse no longer has the large balcony we had on the Bliss!  I think we are cancelling!😡

2 hours ago, JamieLogical said:

Ha! Don't count on them. I would be calling my PCC first thing!

The new cabin they switched us to on the Encore has half the aft balcony our Bliss cabin had!😡. We carefully picked that Penthouse after tons of research and now are left with a crappy balcony. We are cancelling if they can’t put us in a better balcony situation.  This after being over charged $10,000!  And after two Pride of America cancellations!

14 hours ago, Sailing12Away said:

Thanks @BirdTravels - I had literally just spent all weekend reading through the tons of posts on your Bliss sailing and was going to ask if you had a similar summary for the Encore. Now I know what I'll be doing this weekend.

Until I step foot on a ship, I'm no longer getting excited or worked up over changes. The only thing I will be keeping fingers and toes crossed for is a 1-for-1 swap from Bliss to Encore. I was booked on the Pearl for October in Greece, and they swapped it for the Jade but made everyone rebook. If this is just a different picture on the hull, I'm ok with that.

As for flights... mine are already booked as I had flight credits to use up from my April cancelled sailing out of Seattle. So if the worst happens with this cruise I'll be flying to Seattle regardless.

Check your cabin change carefully!  I just posted that 1/2 our penthouse aft balcony is “gone” in our new cabin assignment on Encore’🥺

Well, our final payment due is now over $27,000. That includes over $13,000 for prepaid gratuities, which is more than we paid for our original room in the Bliss. 
We are staying in the Haven, and while the service is top notch, I’m not sure we’re onboard with tipping quite that high. 🤣

2 hours ago, ziggyuk said:

Mine appears to be in flux at the moment as I have two webpages open both with different cabins and different prices.

I am not unhappy with the change of cabin, it's not far from where I was and very similar.

my cruise cost has gone up a 100 for some reason but as they don't show a breakdown and the headline price is the same I'm not sure why.

When I get the email and see the full breakdown I should be able to work out the price increase, could be the deposit as that was 100.

Fortunately I still have my 10% as it was still in my account as my PCC had not applied it yet.

To update, my price has now bee corrected (I did not need to call), I have a new cabin but it's pretty much the same just a bit further back on same floor, no big deal.

Just happy to be going on this after so any cancellations, all good here now 🤩

2 hours ago, redsox1584 said:

I will wait to see if I get a corrected invoice after seeing all these comments. 

I received an invoice this morning and it was around $400 more than it should be. The prepaid gratuities also show up as $46.73 per person a day. 🤪 

They also changed my room (same category and deck but different location)..My original room was close to the elevators and the new room is all the way forward at the end. 

I never received a confirmation when I booked the cruise on Monday night and had been trying to get one. I also never received notification of the ship changing either. 

i just logged into my NCL account and the payment due is correct. The service charges are showing the $15.50 a day as well.  

Is it possible to request a room change? My new room is all the way forward and my old room was very convenient to the elevators

Edited by redsox1584