You know you REALLY need a cruise when...

ekerr19

My DH has been working seven days a week, about 10-12 hours each day for the past month in order to "prepare" to leave the jobsite in the hands of others for our upcoming Noordam cruise.

I know he REALLY needs it now - he just left a message on my voicemail saying, "Just calling to wish you a Happy Thanksgiving - sorry I missed you - page me on my cell phone later, but I didn't want you to think I forgot you about today"....

Happy Thanksgiving???? Geez, now I KNOW he needs to get away, lol!!!

Anyone else suffering along the same lines???? Need to get away? I'll have to save the message, because he won't believe he said Thanksgiving instead of Valentine's lol!!!

:D Oh Laura, I would say he does need that cruise, but I am sure you do too.;)

I can honestly say after returning to work yesterday and walking out of work like some one just beat me up. Today is not a whole lot better, I need another cruise to recoup from the return of this past cruise:D But then I would suffer again. Oh what we don't do for this addiction.

Laura, it will not be long now till you are both very relaxed:)

Lisa -

Welcome back - though it's always hard to come back to reality isn't it? :)

You are so right - what we wouldn't do for the opportunity, and so thankful that we can.

It's hard for me to believe it's been almost a year since we cruised - and such a stressful one at that!

The Noordam has always been special for me - and that this inaugural was something I said I was going to do no matter what - I am amazed to think it was so long ago. :)

He does need a cruise NOW. Bless his heart :).

Marie

I was just speaking to him - he asked me, "Did I say Thanskgiving? I don't know where my mind is today..."

I told him it's probably where mine is - dreaming of the Caribbean! Of course, we have to get past Cape Hatteras first, lol!

I think he meant to say "Thanks FOR giving me so much on this Valentine's Day". He just said it in shorthand!!!:)

Your cruise is almost here ... :D

Heather - you always have a way of seeing the positive!!! :D

I can honestly say after returning to work yesterday and walking out of work like some one just beat me up. Today is not a whole lot better, I need another cruise to recoup from the return of this past cruise.
What you (and most of us) need is a long-lost relative to leave us their fortune. Then there would be no need to work. Just cruise, come home, do the laundry, and prepare for the next cruise! :)

My heart goes out to the both of you ... you sure do need another cruise.

I'm ready for another one too ... and I just got back a little over a week ago. I've been burning it at both ends since I returned from my 30-day Amsterdam voyage ... things have been terrible at work.

Why does it always seem that when you want some time off ... you have to work your butt off beforehand to get it, and then again afterwards to "thank" the boss for giving it to you? :(

Oh, well ... maybe I'll hit the PowerBall tomorrow night and then I won't have to worry about this stuff anymore. I can just cruise whenever I'd like. :)

Blue skies ...

--rita

Oh God I understand, I'm taking another cruise in May (sorry guys I wanted to go on HAL, but my travel agent got me a better rate with someone else :o ).

I have some of the most annoying people that rotated to my work area and when I had a nice windfall of unexpected cash :D ! I called my agent and booked a cruise!!

The funny part about this is the most annoying one came to me and stated, "Why are you going on another cruise so soon, didn't you just get back from one??". Before I could give a tactful reply :rolleyes: , I stated "Well you are one of the primary reasons I'm going".

I'm in a similar situation, working 6 to 7 days from 9 to 10 hours. I understand, oh I do!!

Enjoy yourself!!

P.S. if this windfall occurs again, I'm booking another cruise. My goal is to take at least three more this year, I'm trying to get closer to my 100 day pin :D :D !!

I think my DH is almost as obsessed with awaiting our October '06 WESTERDAM cruise...the Valentine card he gave me yesterday showed a couple sitting on a beach with a towel wrapped around them gazing across the sea waters to a ship in the distance. I was amazed that he actually found a Valentine's Day card with a ship on it...much to my amazement later that day, he shared with me that he had drawn the ship onto the card! He did such a good job, I had no inkling! (And no he doesn't have a job with Hallmark...maybe he should!)

Debjo

What you (and most of us) need is a long-lost relative to leave us their fortune. Then there would be no need to work. Just cruise, come home, do the laundry, and prepare for the next cruise! :)

Jim

If I was left a fortune It would be cruise, come home, HAVE MAID DO LAUNDRY, prepare for next cruise *LOL*

Oh, well ... maybe I'll hit the PowerBall tomorrow night and then I won't have to worry about this stuff anymore. I can just cruise whenever I'd like. :)

Blue skies ...

--rita

rita - I am hoping I have the lucky ticket!!! No one from Colorado has ever won the Power Ball despite having it in our state for quite some time...

With the size of it - I may be able to buy my own ship, lol!!!

Welcome Back - it's a grind isn't it?

Poor Sonny--

Better take him to Tommy Bahama's this weekend so you can find him some nice shorts to wear in the Dining Room...

:eek: ;)

Brian - He has a couple of pair that will suffice, lol!!! I just picked them up from the dry cleaners so they are nice and very lightly starched! Oops, maybe I should have let him wear them all wrinkly, ya think????

ROTFLOL!!! Thanks for the great laugh Laura!!:D :D

I was wondering if I dare post that!!! But thought maybe "one of you" might "get it", lol!!!

To other posters - it's an inside thing, so please know that no offense is intended towards anyone else. :)

I know my wife and I need a cruise...expecially her. I lost my job about this time last year and haven't worked steady since then. My wife has carried the financial load almost entirely by herself. TODAY...I got a job (I'll work only on commission, but thank God it's a chance). The first thing I told my new boss was that I will be repaying my wife with a cruise...so reserve a week for vacation very soon. Good things come to those who wait. Now...should we take Veendam, Westerdam, or RCCL's Radiance of the seas?

How can I tell I need a cruise????

I keep humming "Somewhere Beyond the Sea" all the time.

I keep checking into Cruisecritic to see the numbers drop on my countdown clock.

I really feel the need to be spoiled....it's been a trying week at school.

I LEAVE IN 4 DAYS!!!!!!! :D

Archived