Voyage of the Vikings

PCruzer

I was scheduled for this summer and rejected the offer for 2022. I visited the current roll call which started on January 25 and that sounds about right for when the 2022 was announced.  I do not think that reflects the normal release schedule.   

2 hours ago, PCruzer said:

Any idea if the Zaandam will be doing the 2023 VoV cruise?  Also, when was the 2022 VoV announced?

One wonders if HAL will still have the Zaandam in 2023.  There does seem to be a trend to get rid of the old "R" ships.

Hank

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Hlitner said:

One wonders if HAL will still have the Zaandam in 2023.  There does seem to be a trend to get rid of the old "R" ships.

Hank

Old?? She's barely old enough to drink legally.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

As popular as the VOV has been, I'd bet that the itinerary will remain.  The ship?  Who knows?  Any of the present HAL vessels could provide a good experience by themselves.  Will the programming/entertainment/cuisine/itinerary match the potential experience?  Stay tuned.  

Thanks to all who replied.  We love the VoV for so many reasons.  First is the itinerary.  And round trip from Boston is a real plus for us.  Also love that there are not many contiguous sea days.  Also, in the past, it was a bit more special than a regular cruise.  Guess we will just have to wait until the 2023 dates start to become more available.

6 hours ago, Oceansaway17 said:

sorry for replying. was just trying to offer a suggestion.  geezzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I appreciate that you were probably trying to advance the conversation.  Thanks for doing so.  The itinerary you mentioned is most worthy of anyone's consideration.  Norway is a special country for me and offers so many experiences.  But, VOV offers a wider range of experiences in my opinion.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, rkacruiser said:

I appreciate that you were probably trying to advance the conversation.  Thanks for doing so.  The itinerary you mentioned is most worthy of anyone's consideration.  Norway is a special country for me and offers so many experiences.  But, VOV offers a wider range of experiences in my opinion.  

i get that but I like the visit to Oslo.  The north cape can have iffy weather.

hey peace out and stay tuned.  I love Norway to just like I love Alaska and New England.

Looking forward to Iceland and Greenland next year on NCL Star  that starts in Iceland.  No travelling to and from Europe.  Does quite a bit of Greenland too.

We are booked on Oceania Insignia, New York to Paris, 32 days July 26-August 27, 2022.  It is a 46 day round trip.  We are doing half of it - getting off in France.  A great itinerary, including Greenland (3 stops), Iceland, Faroe islands, Orkney, Norway and St Petersburgh.