NCL return to service

Anyone else getting a bit concerned that NCL appears to be behind the other cruise lines in terms of preparation as well as submitting their plans to the CDC?  I checked the CDC color coding system, and NCL appears way behind, you would think they would have something submitted. I heard they got the Alaska port deals finalized, but they haven't submitted to CDC.  I saw Royal & CCL have made announcements of more upcoming cruises.  It's extra concerning as we are on that Aug 7th cruise, and I need to make an airline ticket decision soon. (WHO knows, maybe my home state of FL will mess it all up anyway 😀)

7 hours ago, Oceansaway17 said:

well they are busy moving all the Alaska reservations from BLISS to the ENCORE. Also they are handling sales for their new Prima for 2023 so let us just wait.

Still busy moving reservations. I tried to modify my new Encore reservation today and they told me things are still frozen and to try again next week. 

13 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

Still busy moving reservations. I tried to modify my new Encore reservation today and they told me things are still frozen and to try again next week. 

yes I think all the lines are busy on weekends.  wait just a bit.

Heck Royal Caribbean has moved so many ships and itineraries in the last week, me thinks theirs are having a meltdown.  best to wait and see at times.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Oceansaway17 said:

Heck Royal Caribbean has moved so many ships and itineraries in the last week, me thinks theirs are having a meltdown.  best to wait and see at times.

Royal's first restart cruise from Nassau leaves next Saturday. Those passengers just got the instructions on what testing, what protocols, where to check bags, where to check-in. etc. out in an email at 9:30 pm Nassau time last night. 

38 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

Royal's first restart cruise from Nassau leaves next Saturday. Those passengers just got the instructions on what testing, what protocols, where to check bags, where to check-in. etc. out in an email at 9:30 pm Nassau time last night. 

and so let the show begin.  Popcorn anyone.  I mean so much has churned in the last 60 days and the next 60 days is gonna be a wild ride.

• Like 1

On 6/4/2021 at 11:16 PM, BirdTravels said:

This is confusing cause I booked Aug 28 on Encore Friday, then called back made changes a few hours later, then Saturday made dining reservations no problem.  Was it just the 1st sailing that was "frozen"?

What is the hold up for green light the Alaska sailings?

33 minutes ago, drvmywifecrzy said:

This is confusing cause I booked Aug 28 on Encore Friday, then called back made changes a few hours later, then Saturday made dining reservations no problem.  Was it just the 1st sailing that was "frozen"?

I think it’s anyone that had booked the Bliss and then got switched to the Encore that is frozen. My sailing is not until September and I was told on Friday I couldn’t make any changes and to try again next week. 

I booked when it was still the Bliss then it got changed to Encore a few days later. 

Edited by redsox1584
  • Thanks 1

On 6/4/2021 at 3:51 PM, jcu1210 said:

Anyone else getting a bit concerned that NCL appears to be behind the other cruise lines in terms of preparation as well as submitting their plans to the CDC?  I checked the CDC color coding system, and NCL appears way behind, you would think they would have something submitted. I heard they got the Alaska port deals finalized, but they haven't submitted to CDC.  I saw Royal & CCL have made announcements of more upcoming cruises.  It's extra concerning as we are on that Aug 7th cruise, and I need to make an airline ticket decision soon. (WHO knows, maybe my home state of FL will mess it all up anyway 😀)

They just made some announcements of cruises today 

https://www.nbcmiami.com/news/local/miami-based-norwegian-cruise-line-announces-more-u-s-voyages-resuming/2467426/?amp

5 minutes ago, BamaCruiser39 said:

Fool me once....LOL

Exactly. Although the dates wouldn't work for us and the itinerary is identical to the last cruise we took, but amazing that right after they nixed the Gem's restart from the DR, it's back on the agenda. 🤷‍♂️😂

Just now, DCGuy64 said:

Exactly. Although the dates wouldn't work for us and the itinerary is identical to the last cruise we took, but amazing that right after they nixed the Gem's restart from the DR, it's back on the agenda. 🤷‍♂️😂

Except now with more expensive fares, no second guest flies free promo, and a less exciting itinerary than my original Gem that was booked for the same dates. What a deal!

13 minutes ago, BamaCruiser39 said:

Except now with more expensive fares, no second guest flies free promo, and a less exciting itinerary than my original Gem that was booked for the same dates. What a deal!

Interestingly, our cruise on the Norwegian Sky has been selling briskly. I've been keeping an eye on available cabins and, according to NCL's website, they're down to only 9 Oceanview cabins. On Friday there were 54! (not sure I believe it, but it'd be news if it were true) Haven't checked insides yet. I also wonder if they took some of the OV's offline due to social distancing or something.

UPDATE: now NCL says ALL Oceanviews are sold out. I'm skeptical... (but anything's possible)

Edited by DCGuy64

2 minutes ago, JamieLogical said:

I had not seen this. Interesting that it's not set to sail anywhere in September yet....

Yeah, I thought that was weird, too. Honestly, I would have preferred the Gem, it had more restaurants that I was interested in than the Sky. Also, my friend who had planned to join me and my wife on the sailing has said he's not interested in the new booking. Are they trying to squeeze out a few sailings on the Gem and then send the crew to the Bliss, I mean Encore, for the Alaska sailings?

5 minutes ago, DCGuy64 said:

Yeah, I thought that was weird, too. Honestly, I would have preferred the Gem, it had more restaurants that I was interested in than the Sky. Also, my friend who had planned to join me and my wife on the sailing has said he's not interested in the new booking. Are they trying to squeeze out a few sailings on the Gem and then send the crew to the Bliss, I mean Encore, for the Alaska sailings?

No idea what their actual plan is but I'm not going to book right now no matter how much I want to. Gotta see consistent sailings first at this point.

Edited by BamaCruiser39
  • Like 2