RCCL cancels my cruise then denies they canceled it

I got an email from RCCL that my Symphony cruise on August 14th was canceled but I could lift and shift.  So I just called and the agent said his information was that Symphony was only canceled through August 7th.  Doesn’t corporate communicate with their agents?

What gives?

Either this list, or the email is wrong. 

• Cancelled: Symphony of the Seas® departing Miami: July 3-August 7, 2021

According to the list of cancelled sailings, RC intends to sail Symphony on August 14. 

1 hour ago, yogimax said:

I got an email from RCCL that my Symphony cruise on August 14th was canceled but I could lift and shift.  So I just called and the agent said his information was that Symphony was only canceled through August 7th.  Doesn’t corporate communicate with their agents?

What gives?

Usually takes a couple of days for the reps to know what is going on. For example, I already know my September Navigator will be moved to Freedom.  But I can guarantee if I called, the reps would know nothing about it

Edited by karena1

1 hour ago, yogimax said:

What gives?

Looking at the website, I would say that their list is wrong and the email is correct. The first sailing date shown for Symphony is Aug. 21, 2021. 

2 hours ago, yogimax said:

What gives?

Call back and see if their list has been updated.  If not, ask to speak to resolutions.  Then ask that person if you can forward your email to them.  There is a lot of confusion right now.  But they will track down the right answer for you.