Triple points per night promo is gone

Middleager

1 minute ago, CaptainWoody said:

That's true, but irrelevant in the context of this discussion. We were told that the 3x points were expiring on May 31.  I quickly checked my bookings and found only one (an 11 day in 2023) that could be rebooked to gain the triple points.  I called the NCL reservation desk and they were able to reprice the cruise to add the promo.  This was just a few days before May 31.  If I had waited, and the NCL guidance proved wrong (i.e. the promo was extended) it would have made absolutely no difference.

In this case the NCL advice was 100% accurate, and we have people complaining because they missed out.  I'll be 22 points richer (66 if you count the other two people I'm cruising with).

Yeah, I wouldn't disagree in the context of this discussion (at least amongst those who can cancel without penalty) as there was no risk in booking anyway.

It's always worth remembering though that NCL phone staff can't always be relied upon to give correct information and there have been many examples of people coming on these boards advising people to do things based on incorrect info from them.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, KeithJenner said:

Yeah, I wouldn't disagree in the context of this discussion (at least amongst those who can cancel without penalty) as there was no risk in booking anyway.

That has been the entire extent of my "advice" in these threads.  If your deposit is fully refundable, just book now and make final decisions later.   For some reason, many seem to see this as a huge, frustrating effort.  It's not (or at least it doesn't have to be if folks would just calm down....)

@ziggyuk Thanks for the background, sounds like it worked out for you, but you went ahead knowing there was an element of risk. 

I would not have wanted to lose my deposit, but all three of the agents I spoke to were NCL direct, and non indicated that there was even a sliver of chance of a favourable outcome.

Sounds like you have a good PCC - it seems like a lottery in that respect.

We're pretty pissed because we booked less than a week before the 3 pointer appeared. 

Glad it worked out for you though.

13 minutes ago, Muckyduckway said:

@ziggyuk Thanks for the background, sounds like it worked out for you, but you went ahead knowing there was an element of risk. 

I would not have wanted to lose my deposit, but all three of the agents I spoke to were NCL direct, and non indicated that there was even a sliver of chance of a favourable outcome.

Sounds like you have a good PCC - it seems like a lottery in that respect.

We're pretty pissed because we booked less than a week before the 3 pointer appeared. 

Glad it worked out for you though.

There was a small risk but only a very small risk, just the chance of a loss of 10% discount which actually is very small as the 10% only applies to a portion of the fare which made about a £50 difference, agreed it's not throwaway money but the extra perks and points were worth more to me. being it was only a risk (not a guaranteed loss) it was a gamble well worth taking.

My booking was even shorter, I booked on the Friday then noticed this new offer on the Monday so literally 3 days earlier.

My PCC is indeed excellent, I got myself added to his client list after having issues (told lies) with another random cruise consultant I got on the phone, it's great being able to call or email my PCC whenever I want anything dealt with & he is very experienced.

3 hours ago, CaptainWoody said:

That's true, but irrelevant in the context of this discussion. We were told that the 3x points were expiring on May 31.  I quickly checked my bookings and found only one (an 11 day in 2023) that could be rebooked to gain the triple points.  I called the NCL reservation desk and they were able to reprice the cruise to add the promo.  This was just a few days before May 31.  If I had waited, and the NCL guidance proved wrong (i.e. the promo was extended) it would have made absolutely no difference.

In this case the NCL advice was 100% accurate, and we have people complaining because they missed out.  I'll be 22 points richer (66 if you count the other two people I'm cruising with).

Your NCL advice was NOT 100% accurate.  The triple point offer did not end on May 31, just like the ability to apply two FCC's on any cruise.   The ability to apply two FCC's was extended til end of June.  The triple point offer got extended, and was still available when I happened to check on the night of June 4.    NCL kept saying the 5 promos are ending on xxx, and so far they kept getting extended.

After NCL cancelled the 1st leg of my Panama b2b cruise in Jan/2021, I begin to look for other possible cruises, including from among several TransAtlantic cruises and/or b2b on those, or other Panama canal b2b, maybe Caribbean cruises in Dec., or Jan-Mar/2021, or some others.  On the night of June 4, I was busy on a few things.  An online meeting with overseas churches went a lot longer than scheduled (went beyond midnight )...

You also mentioned it's only $125 for deposit.  That's for you, in Canada the deposit amount is double and with lower Canadian dollar it's about C$335.  Putting deposits on all those cruises I was beginning to consider, means tying up thousands of dollars (even temporarily) not something I feel the need to.  I like cruising, but not crazy about cruising.

I know starting this thread can be met with "what have you learned", "I told you so"...   

But for some people who have holds, and think the triple point is important, it can help them in their decision.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Middleager said:

Your NCL advice was NOT 100% accurate.  The triple point offer did not end on May 31,

The triple point offer got extended, and was still available when I happened to check on the night of June 4.    

Can you prove this?  If you can't prove it, it didn't happen....

37 minutes ago, CaptainWoody said:

Can you prove this?  If you can't prove it, it didn't happen....

I was online and saw it night of June 4. 

You can continue to assume and believe what you like, but just in this thread alone people have pointed out things are different than what you say or believe (i.e.UK loses deposit;,  or deposit amounts not $125 elsewhere; or what NCL agents tell you can be wrong)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Middleager said:

I was online and saw it night of June 4. 

You can continue to assume and believe what you like, but just in this thread alone people have pointed out things are different than what you say or believe (i.e.UK loses deposit;,  or deposit amounts not $125 elsewhere; or what NCL agents tell you can be wrong)

Still poking huh?  🤣  Might be time to take a break. 

55 minutes ago, CaptainWoody said:

Still poking huh?  🤣  Might be time to take a break. 

I was only sharing info, hoping it can help, but you're the one continuing to challenge/question, and then even accuse me of lying.

Thankfully most others are trying to help each other rather than what you're doing.

• Like 2

Please be aware that NCL (Europe UK) across the pond may have different perks promos

applications rule deposits payment refunds regs unique to that part of the world.

These may in part be due to a foreign government overseeing the cruise market.

One Cruise Line rules sometimes does not fit all countries.

It is almost as if some foreign governments have a BBB (Better Business Bureau) looking

out for the guest customer better than here in the good ole USA.

39 minutes ago, don't-use-real-name said:

It is almost as if some foreign governments have a BBB (Better Business Bureau) looking

out for the guest customer better than here in the good ole USA.

That's not what we've been reading here.  If I book a cruise and pay a deposit here in the USA, I can cancel prior to final payment due and get my deposit back.  Our UK friends have reported that they lose their deposits.  How is this "better than here in the good ole USA?"

2 hours ago, Muckyduckway said:

@ziggyuk Yes it probably was a risk worth taking. It's a pity that all agents weren't so well informed. It's a greater pity that I can't get myself one of these 'gold dust' PCCs. Any hints that won't infringe CC policy?

Have you seen my website:  southernepc.co.uk/

Drop me an email if you like it 😉