Triple points per night promo is gone

Middleager

We were thinking of a TransAtlantic cruise (after NCL cancelled our Panama cruise), especially due to the triple points offer will bring us to Plat.   But just checked and triple point offer is no more.  Our original holds just expired (we didn't renew the holds).  Oh well.  My wife said no problem, we don't have to take those cruises and in Nov.-Dec. it's colder in Europe any way.

1 hour ago, CaptainWoody said:

NCL told several of us that they would expire May 31.

The lesson learned is to just book it and pay the deposit.  It's easy to cancel and get your deposit back, and it's currently only $125 per person.

You are very lucky being able to do that in the US, for us in Europe a cancellation means a loss of deposit 😱

Edited by ziggyuk
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, CaptainWoody said:

The lesson learned is to just book it and pay the deposit.  It's easy to cancel and get your deposit back, and it's currently only $125 per person.

Not for the UK. We lose our deposit. 

In the UK, the latitudes promotion is now 1 additional point.

Earlier they had an amazing offer but it might have been a glitch as it's no longer there

Edited by Yinster
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Yinster said:

Earlier they had an amazing offer but it might have been a glitch as it's no longer there

Not a glitch, a short term offer of x3 points and all 5 promos, it was a great offer and I rebooked due to the offer, normally as you say this involve a loss of deposit but due to "peace of mind" my deposit was returned as a FCC.

Edited by ziggyuk
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, aubreyc1988 said:

you know, I bet we will see this deal return 🙂

I do hope so, I wish I had taken better advantage and booked others.
21 point for a 7 day is cool.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, ziggyuk said:

I do hope so, I wish I had taken better advantage and booked others.
21 point for a 7 day is cool.

Im peeved I missed out on it as well, so you have good company - I was really busy at the time when the promo came out, traveling to see my in laws and stuff, and then the Joy got cancelled and I wasn't into making a rushed decision. 

Never fear - there is always the Insider Past Guest offerings - not all cruises are eligible

but then the one you are interested in just might be in the mix for that month.

Keep coming back to the NCL site - you may get lucky 

LINK:

Past Guest Offer | Latitudes Rewards | Norwegian Cruise Line (ncl.com)

1 point per night/day of the cruise

1 point per night for Insider Past Guest offering

-

Add a suite and gain an additional point

Double points is better than single

Triple is possible from time to time

Sales projections not up to snuff - run that deal by me again !

As for that rare bonus points - YES - that deal expired 5/31

shoulda coulda grabbed it when it was there -BUT - 

so you didn't - search on for another deal or offering

When you are getting next to that Platinum level be vigilant for your opportunities

Get on the NCL email list and post card mailings

While cruising has not resumed full schedule - patiently wait for your ship (cruise) to come in

Don't wait forever to have all your NCL eggs in one cruise basket -

another cruise line offering - consider it !

Find a better cruise deal take it - life is cruise fleeting !

The best past guest deal they've offered is 20% off plus the extra point.  Unlike their ongoing 30% off sale, they didn't raise their prices in accordance with the deal, so you actually got 20% off the fare.  I have a Panama Canal cruise booked for next year under that deal and while I don't think I'll be taking it because of other cruises I've booked around it, I don't want to give it up because it's $1000 less than the same cruise would be a year later.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CaptainWoody said:

Good for you.  NCL didn't tell me.  There were other offers (able to apply two CN to any booking, or 30%, or those 5 ongoing offers) that were to expire May 31.  They were extended.  This triple point was still there yesterday, but disappeared today.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Middleager said:

Good for you.  NCL didn't tell me.  There were other offers (able to apply two CN to any booking, or 30%, or those 5 ongoing offers) that were to expire May 31.  They were extended.  This triple point was still there yesterday, but disappeared today.

So what have you learned?

5 minutes ago, CaptainWoody said:

No.  Some people encourage others to book early.  They tend to get a lot of pushback for that here on the forum.  No "telling off" intended.

Some people come here to show off to the others how they get privileged info (NCL told me the triple point offer is ending May 31), make assumptions  on how things work elsewhere, and  asking question not in helpful but in accusatory tone...

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Middleager said:

Some people come here to show off to the others how they get privileged info (NCL told me the triple point offer is ending May 31), make assumptions  on how things work elsewhere, and  asking question not in helpful but in accusatory tone...

🤣  You're funny.  A few people (myself included) actually just picked up the phone and called NCL and asked.  These same people (myself included) freely shared this "privileged info" right here on this forum!  Like the saying goes, you can lead a horse to water....

Funny how you can hear an "accusatory tone" over the internet. 😝

Edited by CaptainWoody
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, ziggyuk said:

Not a glitch, a short term offer of x3 points and all 5 promos, it was a great offer and I rebooked due to the offer, normally as you say this involve a loss of deposit but due to "peace of mind" my deposit was returned as a FCC.

Yes that was kinda of the deal I saw but as well as what you saw it also had air included with second person flying free. It was only on the website for a few hours. Which is why I thought it was a glitch cos it sounded too good.

50 minutes ago, CaptainWoody said:

🤣  You're funny.  A few people (myself included) actually just picked up the phone and called NCL and asked.  These same people (myself included) freely shared this "privileged info" right here on this forum!  Like the saying goes, you can lead a horse to water....

Funny how you can hear an "accusatory tone" over the internet. 😝

Although the main thing that I have learned from Cruise Critic over the years is that a huge amount of things people are told by NCL staff turns out to be incorrect, so relying on that information has its own risks.

• Like 3

@ziggyuk Did you rebook for the exact same cruise through the UK booking agents? I tried to do that under the Peace of Mind policy but was told by three separate agents that while the policy does refund deposit, you are not allowed to rebook for the same cruise on the same date.

6 hours ago, Muckyduckway said:

@ziggyuk Did you rebook for the exact same cruise through the UK booking agents? I tried to do that under the Peace of Mind policy but was told by three separate agents that while the policy does refund deposit, you are not allowed to rebook for the same cruise on the same date.

It was for the exact same cruise, I did it direct with NCL through my PCC, he is a direct employee and had no problem doing it. My PCC is linked to the UK office and used a Southampton phone number but is home based in Malta.

There were only three issues:

1, He could not say if I would get the 10% back as it could be lost by a customer cancelation.

2, He could not give me the same cabin as the cancellation was not immediate.

3, I would have to wait several weeks for the FCC but when it did come It could be applied to an existing cruise (ie the new booking if I wanted), this meant paying a new deposit.

I went ahead on those terms and for 5 days had two bookings in my account, the cancellation concluded on Friday at which point I got my 10% back (answers #1 above), Even though I had a new cabin (#2 above) it was changed yet again with the swap from Bliss to Encore anyway, I am still waiting for my FCC (#3 above) but he did advise that would be several weeks.

The only downside to my cancel and rebook is I have ended up paying double the amount of deposit but that's not really a big deal. 

10 hours ago, KeithJenner said:

Although the main thing that I have learned from Cruise Critic over the years is that a huge amount of things people are told by NCL staff turns out to be incorrect, so relying on that information has its own risks.

That's true, but irrelevant in the context of this discussion. We were told that the 3x points were expiring on May 31.  I quickly checked my bookings and found only one (an 11 day in 2023) that could be rebooked to gain the triple points.  I called the NCL reservation desk and they were able to reprice the cruise to add the promo.  This was just a few days before May 31.  If I had waited, and the NCL guidance proved wrong (i.e. the promo was extended) it would have made absolutely no difference.

In this case the NCL advice was 100% accurate, and we have people complaining because they missed out.  I'll be 22 points richer (66 if you count the other two people I'm cruising with).