Specialty Dinner Package Reservations on the Edge

I've sailed with Celebrity several times but have never purchased a multi-night dinner package. When you purchase the package prior to cruising, are you able to pick the dates and times for your dining before boarding? And can you also dine twice at a specialty restaurant when you have the package?

Thanks for your help!

Heather

You cannot pick your time for the first night or even the the others I believe(may be incorrect on this).  However, if you go to one of the restaurants just after boarding you can certainly change all your reservations.  I have done this many times.  However, instead of booking a three night specialty dining package on Apex this time I decided for another $18 I would just book what I wanted and not have to be concerned with  it once on board. Probably because it has been so long since we have sailed and just happy to be able(I hope) to be on board.

I will say, however, never had a problem changing any reservation with a 3 night specialty dining package. Go for it.

On 6/6/2021 at 5:00 PM, dazey said:

You cannot pick your time for the first night or even the the others I believe(may be incorrect on this).  However, if you go to one of the restaurants just after boarding you can certainly change all your reservations.  I have done this many times.  However, instead of booking a three night specialty dining package on Apex this time I decided for another $18 I would just book what I wanted and not have to be concerned with  it once on board. Probably because it has been so long since we have sailed and just happy to be able(I hope) to be on board.

I will say, however, never had a problem changing any reservation with a 3 night specialty dining package. Go for it.

Thank you!

On 6/6/2021 at 4:00 PM, dazey said:

What does $18 more get you?

Edited by KKB

Piece of mind I guess. I can choose exactly the time and restaurant I want prior to sailing and do not have to go to the restaurant desk upon embarkment to change or select what is available. 

To me it sounded like a good idea at the time of booking. Crossed that "to do" off my list.

We booked a dining package once because we had a lot of OBC to use up.  As soon as we boarded the ship we went to make our reservations.  We could not get any times that suited us so we went to guest relations to ask them to just cancel the package.  Before canceling they tried to do it too and failed.  I am sure things are different right now with all of the COVID capactiy controls but I would be hesitant to book a package again.  It just wasted a lot of time for me.

The package is a discounted price, in return you can’t make reservations until you board.  Flexibility is the key, you may not get your 1st choice of dates and times.

When we were on the Edge we could only get Fine Cut Steak House until 9:45 and only 1 night available.