The Daily for Tuesday Jun 08, 2021

richwmn

53 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

NZ and Australia cruises was on our radar then covid19 hit.

Fortunately we managed to cruise to Hawaii on Grand Princess in November/December 2019 which was also on our to do list.

Paulines cousin lives in Adelaide Australia and they are in daily contact.

Graham.

Hopefully you will visit "down under" in the near future.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, erewhon said:

We were looking at Australia for 2020/21 before covid19 affected the world.

Paulines cousin emigrated to Australia 15 years ago and has come back to England several times and they want us to stay with them in Adelaide or we could stay in Sydney and they fly from Adelaide and meet us there for a few days pre Cruise.

I quite fancied NZ and South Pacific but Pauline wants to primarily see Australia from Sydney and visiting Adelaide during a cruise.

Graham 

• Like 3

Good evening everyone. Thanks for all the beautiful pictures of Japan. I also found the pictures of the children farewelling the ship very moving.  We were hoping to take the cruise around Japan and to Vladivostok this year, but will probably have to wait till 2023 the way things are going. 
We have had no phone or internet since Monday, thanks to having to sign up to the national broadband network. This is a government scheme whereby the whole country was supposed to have brilliant internet access. Unfortunately it hasn’t turned out that way. If you don’t sign up for it they cut your phone off anyway. The technician never turned up, the phone and internet was cut off and after many hours trying to find out what was happening we have now been told it may be resolved by next week! Thank goodness we have a mobile broadband ‘dongle’. But sometimes we have to drive to a hill about a mile away to get that to work! Just happy I have been able to read the Daily today. Take care, and kind thoughts to all on the Care list. 

• Like 13

I sure have enjoyed the daily.  I am not able to read it every day but it has been great while we can't cruise.

DW and I took the bite and are scheduled out of Seattle on July 24th.  7 day only but it is something!

• Like 10

6 hours ago, erewhon said:

@erewhon and @daisybertie May I ask you a question please , we have planned a cruise from Auckland to Australia to San Diego  next March from what you have heard from the two governments down under do you think there will be a cruise season there between October and March ?  From what we have been reading here things are still very tightly controlled other than the travel between the two countries themselves but very little of when they will possibly open up to outsiders like us to visit .

Thank you , we have been amazed that things have been so much better there than most of the rest of the world .

Tony 

Edited by sailingdutchy
  • Like 1

@sailingdutchy good morning. I’d love to be able to help you with your query about your cruise next March, but it is impossible to predict what is going to happen in the future. The border  is rumoured to be open for fully vaccinated Australians to travel in the near future, but then the next rumour says no international travel till 2023. With this government you never know, they are often found to be lacking in communication skills and often ‘economical with the truth’. The vaccine rollout has been a shambles so far. If we get any further indication of what they propose, I’ll certainly let you know. Best wishes and stay safe.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Thank you very much for your replies to me @daisybertie and @erewhon they were about what I expected . I will stay positive for a Mar 31, 2022 cruise on the Oosterdam from Auckland but think that if there are no cruises down under at all for 2021 it might not make much sense for HAL to send the Oosterdam there for a shortened season , the first 3 months  in 2022.  But we'll keep hoping ! 

Much appreciated ,

Tony 🤔

• Like 2