When do reservations open?

2 hours ago, bigjcruiser said:

Has anyone booked any entertainment lately? I thought it was 90 days out but we are now less than that for our September 5th Epic sailing and nothing has opened up yet. I have been able to book dining from the 120 day mark. 

I suspect that entertainment isn't bookable for these sailings yet because NCL is not certain what entertainment will be available. I anticipate the large theater shows being a huge challenge to get performers and crew ready for. For instance, NCL said they canceled the Joy sailings out of Montego Bay in order to shift that crew to the Bliss (now Encore) for Alaska. Does that mean that it will be Footloose and Elements onboard first instead of Choir of Man and Kinky Boots? Possibly, since those shows are likely the ones they were preparing to run first.

• Thanks 1

On 6/9/2021 at 2:18 AM, cruiservictor said:

I just made dinner reservations early this morning (Wed 6/9) for our 10/17 Breakaway Haven cruise at 130 days out.  Interestingly, I was able to reserve for Le Bistro, La Cucina and Teppanyaki, but Cagney's still says "too early to book".  I don't think I've ever run into that before.  Has anyone?

I remember one cruise where general bookings for Le Bistro didn't open on schedule, even though Haven passengers had been able to book at their scheduled date. It appeared that tables had to be opened up manually for booking. At first I thought that the Haven passengers had booked every last table (although not all can be booked in advance), which made no sense considering that they tend to stay in the Haven dining room most of the time, but it was just NCL's dilatory way.

Has it officially changed back that suites/haven get to book dining at 130 days again, and not the covid-era 120 days?  

I chatted with a customer service rep a month or two ago about our December POA cruise that only shows 120 days as our booking date, even though we are in an OS, and she said it had changed to 120 during the shutdown, and no one gets to book early anymore.

2 minutes ago, bookbabe said:

Has it officially changed back that suites/haven get to book dining at 130 days again, and not the covid-era 120 days?  

I chatted with a customer service rep a month or two ago about our December POA cruise that only shows 120 days as our booking date, even though we are in an OS, and she said it had changed to 120 during the shutdown, and no one gets to book early anymore.

I was booked on the Joy out of Montego Bay before it was canceled and was able to book dining 130 days out, as I was in the Haven.

7 minutes ago, JamieLogical said:

I was booked on the Joy out of Montego Bay before it was canceled and was able to book dining 130 days out, as I was in the Haven.

Did you actually book dining at 130, or just read that you could?  When I booked the cruise way back in 2019, myNCL showed 130 days, but sometime during the shutdown it changed to 120.  I’m hoping your experience means it has changed back...

10 minutes ago, bookbabe said:

Did you actually book dining at 130, or just read that you could?  When I booked the cruise way back in 2019, myNCL showed 130 days, but sometime during the shutdown it changed to 120.  I’m hoping your experience means it has changed back...

I had all our dining reservations booked prior to 120 days out.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, bookbabe said:

I am hoping so but the date the system is telling me reservations will be available for our upcoming cruise is 120 days, not 130, even though we are booked in a haven suite. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, ama123 said:

I am hoping so but the date the system is telling me reservations will be available for our upcoming cruise is 120 days, not 130, even though we are booked in a haven suite. 

Well, my advice would be to wait until you are at the 130 day mark and call NCL if you still can't book. I know that for the Joy out of Montego Bay on my Sept 4 and Sept 11 sailings, I was able to book at 130 days out. I don't have any more information than that. The cruise I am booked on now, after the Joy was cancelled, I am not in a Haven, so I wasn't able to book until 120 days out.

Edited by JamieLogical
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, JamieLogical said:

Well, my advice would be to wait until you are at the 130 day mark and call NCL if you still can't book. I know that for the Joy out of Montego Bay on my Sept 4 and Sept 11 sailings, I was able to book at 130 days out. I don't haven any more information than that. The cruise I am booked on now, after the Joy was cancelled, I am not in a Haven, so I wasn't able to book until 120 days out.

That's pretty much what I'm thinking. At this point just waiting to see if it changes within the next week and a half or so, that will bring us to our 130 mark. 

1 hour ago, ama123 said:

The screen always says come back on what would be 120 days, even if you are in the Haven.  They open up, however, at 130 days for Haven guests.  Last Wednesday morning I booked dinner reservations for our 10/17 Breakaway Haven cruise, and tomorrow night I will book them for the following week, even though the screen says to come back on 6/26. 

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, cruiservictor said:

The screen always says come back on what would be 120 days, even if you are in the Haven.  They open up, however, at 130 days for Haven guests.  Last Wednesday morning I booked dinner reservations for our 10/17 Breakaway Haven cruise, and tomorrow night I will book them for the following week, even though the screen says to come back on 6/26. 

Perfect. Couldn't remember from last time we cruised in the Haven, but that's what I was hoping.