MSC UK ship change 2022

Ulsteinvik

• 4 months later...

MSC Virtuosa UK 2022???

When Southampton’s new Horizon terminal officially opened in September, MSC UK’s Managing Director Antonio Paradiso mentioned the possibility of a larger ship coming to Southampton in 2022 and it looks like this may be the case!

After looking at ABP Southampton’s cruise schedule today, it appears that MSC Virtuosa is scheduled to call on 29th April 2022. Coincidently, this is the date MSC Magnifica is supposed to depart for a 2-day cruise, but her berth booking doesn’t appear to be there 🤔. Could this suggest that Virtuosa will take over Magnifica’s Southampton itineraries for 2022?

Oh god I hope not. I am due to sail on the 1st May on the Magnifica to the Canaries. I've got a suite booked too. Mind you I could then upgrade to yc then 😁

Msc still showing Magnifica for next Yr on website out of Southampton including 29th April🤔 

Another cruise I'm going to watch like a hawk now incase it does change!🙄

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/8/2021 at 5:23 PM, Ulsteinvik said:

Hi,

MSC will change the ships in Kiel and UK 2022. Preziosa will sail the Magnifica routes from UK and Magnifica replaces the Preziosa cruises from Kiel.

More information will follow soon..

I certainly hope your information is incorrect.  Replacing Preziosa with a non-Yacht Club ship is a BIG CANCEL for us.  We have two Yacht Club suites on Preziosa for the 14-day itinerary on May 29, 2022.

Dennis

Letter I received from msc regarding conformation of ship change.

Important Notice: Your upcoming cruise on MSC Magnifica

Due to popular demand MSC Cruises is delighted to announce that MSC Virtuosa is returning for her second summer season from Southampton, offering exciting destinations across Europe. From two-night mini cruises sailing to the popular St Peter Port, to 12 night cruises exploring the Baltics or 14 nights discovering the best beaches in the West Med. 

Therefore, we are excited to announce that your upcoming cruise on MSC Magnifica will now be operated by the MSC Virtuosa with no change of date or Itinerary.

We look forward to welcoming you on board the MSC Virtuosa in the near future.