Port Everglades to FLL Airport

WisRiver

I recognize that there have been no cruise ship arrivals in Fort Lauderdale for over a year.  Hopefully, we will be arriving in Fort Lauderdale on November 3, 2021 on the HAL Rotterdam transatlantic repositioning cruise.  We have sailed out of FLL in the past, but never an arrival.  In the past we would stay at a local hotel and take and Uber or Lyft to the cruise port.  In pre-covid days could you take an Uber or Lyft from the ship to the FLL airport?   Would a taxi be easier?  Our flight home will depart at 1:00 PM, so we plan to be one of the last passengers off the ship.

I agree, a taxi is much easier- you’re not looking for a particular vehicle, just the first available one. There should be plenty. It’s a pretty short ride, especially from certain terminals and if they’re using Eller Drive as opposed to Eisenhower.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, CruiserBruce said:

as the taxis will be lined up

As is customary.  But, if the Rotterdam arrives on the same morning as the other terminals receive ships, there could be a wait for a taxi.  I have observed such happen at Port Everglades.  

16 minutes ago, rkacruiser said:

As is customary.  But, if the Rotterdam arrives on the same morning as the other terminals receive ships, there could be a wait for a taxi.  I have observed such happen at Port Everglades.  

The OP is not in a rush to get off. They can even grab a cab of someone being dropped off for the next cruise.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, CruiserBruce said:

The OP is not in a rush to get off. They can even grab a cab of someone being dropped off for the next cruise.

When I disembarked Celebrity Eclipse close to the final group to be called, there was a significant line of Celebrity guests as well as those from the ship docked at Terminal 21 waiting for taxis.  

Just trying to be informative for the OP based on my experience.  

It is a short trip and a taxi, or Uber/Lyft, will be fine - just insist that the driver use the meter.  Some cab of drivers will try to tell you that there is a flat rate fare to FLL, and make up whatever number they think you will pay. 🤬