Binoculars on a Hawaiian cruise?

rebeltech8

So, we have rescheduled our Hawaiian COVID Cruse, and starting to do some planning. 

think it is worth the suitcase or backpack space to take binoculars with us?  We used them on our Alaska cruise because … Alaska. But you guys who have done the Princess Hawaiian cruise… think it is worth it?

Thanks

Just my opinion but I now always back a pair small but very good binoculars.  The one time a few years back I decided it wasn't worth backing because I rarely used them we had a pod of whales swimming along side the ship.  There are also some incredible sights in Hawaii that you might wish to have binoculars.  I just throw them in my backpack when on excursions.

Edited by franktown
add
  • Like 1

Binoculars go on all cruises. Watch other ships. Connnect to your phone for zoom shots of distant wildlife and scenery.  Search for man overboard. Yes, this happened, on a Hawaii cruise too. (Didn't find him.) Up to you for weight and luggage space.

Edited by mtnesterz

If you have to, leave a pair of shoes so you can take your binocs.  I will add that if necessary, you can get a pair of very good small binocs although they will not be cheap.

DON

Edited by donaldsc

3 hours ago, donaldsc said:

If you have to, leave a pair of shoes so you can take your binocs.  I will add that if necessary, you can get a pair of very good small binocs although they will not be cheap.

DON

Buy that small pair of binocs and store them inside that pair of shoes that you now don't have to leave at home!

Always travel with a pair of binoculars , one for me one for DW. On a recent cruise while relaxing on the balcony  I noticed the ship slowing down to a stop. I observed  that there was a 35 ft sailboat  of the port side. A tender was lowered and the sailboat was searched. No one was found abroad and we sailed on.My trusty binoculars  gave me a birds eye view of this mini drama

• Like 1