Online Check-In using the app update

iamaqt2

I know there have been a lot of questions about using the app for online check-in and vaccine verification. Today I was able to use the app for what I'll call online PRE Check-in for my July 30 Alaska cruise on Millennium.

When you open the app, you're taken to the initial screen with the check-in button located at the bottom.

Then when you click on Check-in it gives you another screen with 3 options.  First option is to upload your passport and a selfie and list your personal info and an emergency contact and payment options.

Second option is to choose your boarding and health screening time.  There was ONE option to choose, 3:00-3:30 pm.

Third option is to complete your health screening.  As you can see from the screenshot it is grayed out and will have to be completed the day before the cruise.

It generated an express boarding pass with a barcode.

It did NOT ask me to upload a copy of my vaccination card, but I know I won't be boarding without it. 

I know Celebrity is working on something with the IT dept to help expedite this, but I'm on one of the early cruises out. 

Hope this info is helpful for some of you.

Screenshot_20210609_164415_com.rccl.celebrity.jpg

Screenshot_20210609_163516.jpg

Screenshot_20210609_163726.jpg

Screenshot_20210609_163608.jpg

Edited by iamaqt2
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, ipeeinthepool said:

I hope their are earlier check in times.  I’m not quite sure how to spend the time between hotel check out at 11 and 3:00.

I'm just wondering what time sail-away is actually going to be?  It's listed as 4 pm.  But I don't see how that is going to happen if I'm not checking in til 3:30.  Isn't mandatory check-in  listed as 90 minutes prior to sailing?

4 minutes ago, kasowell2 said:

Still not showing for our July 17 Edge cruise

I'm wondering if Celebrity is waiting to see how the judge's ruling today goes before opening the Florida cruises to OCI? They're also probably having to write a whole new contract of carriage for Florida and Texas cruises.

1 hour ago, iamaqt2 said:

I'm wondering if Celebrity is waiting to see how the judge's ruling today goes before opening the Florida cruises to OCI? They're also probably having to write a whole new contract of carriage for Florida and Texas cruises.

That kind of what I was wondering also.

51 minutes ago, Locobill49 said:

My app still shows us on Summit for Aug 20! 

I'm sure they're still working on moving the bookings between the Summit and Millennium.  The email said it would be a couple of weeks.  Pretty sure they started with soonest cruises first.  Hang in there!

1 hour ago, iamaqt2 said:

Celebrity does not sail out of Texas,.

13 hours ago, iamaqt2 said:

I know there have been a lot of questions about using the app for online check-in and vaccine verification. Today I was able to use the app for what I'll call online PRE Check-in for my July 30 Alaska cruise on Millennium.

When you open the app, you're taken to the initial screen with the check-in button located at the bottom.

Then when you click on Check-in it gives you another screen with 3 options.  First option is to upload your passport and a selfie and list your personal info and an emergency contact and payment options.

Second option is to choose your boarding and health screening time.  There was ONE option to choose, 3:00-3:30 pm.

Third option is to complete your health screening.  As you can see from the screenshot it is grayed out and will have to be completed the day before the cruise.

It generated an express boarding pass with a barcode.

It did NOT ask me to upload a copy of my vaccination card, but I know I won't be boarding without it. 

I know Celebrity is working on something with the IT dept to help expedite this, but I'm on one of the early cruises out. 

Hope this info is helpful for some of you.

Screenshot_20210609_164415_com.rccl.celebrity.jpg

Screenshot_20210609_163516.jpg

Screenshot_20210609_163726.jpg

Screenshot_20210609_163608.jpg

Thank you for the screen shot.....I kept looking for "check in" in the App and I am pretty tech savvy...I felt silly not being able to find it....now I know it is not in my app yet....lol....I feel better

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, jelayne said:

Celebrity does not sail out of Texas,.

Pardon, I was addressing more broadly the fact that Texas just signed the same law as Florida.  But RCCL and Celebrity will most likely both have the same contract for Florida, and RCCL will use it in Texas as well.

We have two couples traveling together to our 8/15 cruise.  Our reservations are linked together…..not that it makes any difference.  Wonder what happens if one is given an 11:30 check in and the other 3:00?  That would be tough.