Vantage Travel

Roadlamp

Does anyone know if Vantage will ever sail again?  Like many others I have been on the "trip moved to 2022" merry-go-round.  There are many Better Business complaints that are showing up online against Vantage with no resolution or refund listed.

15 hours ago, Roadlamp said:

Does anyone know if Vantage will ever sail again?

As of now, we are planning to resume operations August 25, 2021. We have a couple of departures that we re-instated that are scheduled to depart Mid-August as well. While we are very hopeful that operations will be able to resume at that time, we also understand the very fluid nature throughout the Pandemic. We have Travel Updates posted to our website, simply click on "Travel Updates" located at the very top of our web page as we will post any further updates there. We also recommend that you log into your My Portfolio Account periodically as it is there, in the Trip Alerts Section that appears in red just below the "Welcome to My Portfolio" greeting at the top of the page, where we will advise you of any disruptions or further modifications to your specific journey. Please note: The Trip Alerts Section only appears when we have a message for you regarding any modifications to your specific departure. 

• 3 weeks later...

This information from Vantage does not appear to be accurate.  "My Portfolio" is no longer working properly.  As I checked my information, the cruise I have booked for next year is listed, but the ship, my cabin number, etc. are all gone.  My invoice is gone.  When I contacted Vantage they have indicated that the website is undergoing a three month "audit."  I've never heard of a website being down for three months.  Are they being bought out or going bankrupt?  Should I apply for a refund now?😔

I don't know.  I wrote them an email over the weekend.  I received the information about the "audit" today in an email.

I hope they come out of this okay but I have my doubts.

On 6/28/2021 at 4:19 PM, Roadlamp said:

This information from Vantage does not appear to be accurate.  "My Portfolio" is no longer working properly.  As I checked my information, the cruise I have booked for next year is listed, but the ship, my cabin number, etc. are all gone.  My invoice is gone.  When I contacted Vantage they have indicated that the website is undergoing a three month "audit."  I've never heard of a website being down for three months.  Are they being bought out or going bankrupt?  Should I apply for a refund now?😔

Hello Roadlamp: Thanks for coming back to the forum with your latest response. First, we want to apologize for misunderstanding regarding why your My Portfolio Account was not populating your full trip details.

When you confirmed onto our Autumn in New England & Canada, there were some manual adjustments to your invoice that needed to be made. Normally this would have only affected your Invoice from populating within your My Portfolio Account and you would still have had the ability to see the other aspects of your reservation. What occurred here is that our Operations Team is simultaneously in the process of updating and maintaining the trips taking place aboard our Brand New Ocean Explorer and Ocean Odyssey to update various trip aspects as they pertain to the new ships. This caused all of the trip information to not populate within your account. 

We do not expect these changes to take anywhere near 3 months, but could take anywhere from a few days to a couple of weeks. In the interim, if there are any items you need regarding your reservation simply email our Customer Care Team and they can provide those items to you. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience and confusion in the matter.

On 6/28/2021 at 5:46 PM, gofish said:

Trying to make final payment for november trip.

On hold for hours.

no chat button available and no response to emails.

Are they closed.

Hello gofish: Thank you for your post.

We sincerely apologize to you and all of our customers for our longer than usual hold times when calling. We are unable to locate your account. Please go to our website, and at the bottom of the web page you will find a Contact us Link. Please click that link. Once on the next page, under the section for Customer Concierge Staff, please click the link to email Customer Concierge Staff with your request and our team will respond accordingly.

Our hours of operation are as follows:

Monday – Friday: 9AM to 8PM EDT
Saturday: 9AM to 6PM EDT
Sunday: Closed

On 6/29/2021 at 2:51 PM, Squawkman said:

FWIW - We never cruised with Vantage but every so often we get postal mail as friends recommended us 6 years ago. We just got one of those personalized mailings last week.

Hi Squawkman: Thank you for your post. Vantage has one of the best Referral Programs in the industry!

We certainly hope that you decide to check us out and if you do you will receive a $100 per person discount off of your first reservation just for being Referred to Vantage by your friends! Your friends who referred you will receive a check in the mail after you travel with us. This is a Win-Win for both parties!

You can read more about our great Referral Program under our “Ways to Save” section on our website by simply selecting “Refer & Earn – Go for FREE” from that drop down menu. Don’t forget that after your 8th referral travels with Vantage, you earn a FREE TRIP valued at up to $7,000!

We hope to see you on a Future Vantage Cruise Adventure!

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/10/2021 at 6:34 PM, Roadlamp said:

Does anyone know if Vantage will ever sail again?

Hello Vantage Cruisers following this thread! We have some exciting news to share with you! The Ocean Explorer has been officially delivered to Vantage Deluxe World Travel! In the next couple days she will begin her journey to Poole in the UK to commence sailing with Vantage passengers on 28 August 2021. A great day for travel and expedition cruising! Enjoy these latest photos!

1626275630230.jpg

1626275630332.jpg

1626275630369.jpg

We are booked on the Ocean Explorer sailing "Route of The Vikings" on September 4, 2021.  I was told by one of your customer service reps that this sailing would require 100% Covid vaccinations for crew and passengers.  However, nothing has been posted on your web site nor in the "My Portfolio" section confirming this. Since we are now only 47 days from departure, why has this not been updated? Some of the vaccinations require the second dose to be 4 weeks after the first dose.  How do you plan to let your guests know of your requirement?  Are you going to require each passenger to provide a copy of the vaccination card before we leave the U.S.?  If not, what will happen if a passenger shows up in Edinburgh without his/her vaccination card?

In addition, will we be required to stay in the "bubble" on excursions or will we be allowed to disembark on our own?  While on board, will  masks be required?

My wife and I are in our mid-70's and do not wish to travel on a ship without a 100% vaccination policy.  We all realize that the situation is very fluid right now and changes occur daily.  However, we all spent a lot of money for this cruise and we should have updates as things change. Your last update on the Travel Health Advisory was March 8.  I feel you  owe us more information.

On 7/20/2021 at 9:33 AM, Jbeam151 said:

Your last update on the Travel Health Advisory was March 8.  I feel you  owe us more information.

Hi Jbeam151: Thanks for posting your inquiry to this thread! Our team is in the process of updating our website to reflect our newest protocols. These should be live on our website later today.

In the meantime, please find answers to questions below:

However, nothing has been posted on your web site nor in the "My Portfolio" section confirming this. Since we are now only 47 days from departure, why has this not been updated?

Given the ever fluid landscape the Pandemic has shown, there were many variables and factors that had to be reviewed prior to publicly announcing our protocols and requirements. Today is now 30 days prior to our 1st departure since we were forced to shut down operations in March of 2020 due to the government restrictions that was placed on travel.

Are you going to require each passenger to provide a copy of the vaccination card before we leave the U.S.?  If not, what will happen if a passenger shows up in Edinburgh without his/her vaccination card?

All passengers and Crew will be required to be vaccinated at least 14 days prior to their scheduled departure date. Guests will be required to show proof of Vaccination prior to ship embarkation. Currently most airlines and most countries already require this proof and by the time guests reach the ship, should not be their first time being asked for this.

Any guests who fail to provide the required proof of Vaccination will be denied boarding.

In addition, will we be required to stay in the "bubble" on excursions or will we be allowed to disembark on our own?

Vantage has not made this a requirement, however local laws will dictate whether we must tour in a bubble, or if we can roam freely while in port. As these local laws pertaining to the Covid Pandemic are still very fluid, our Cruise Directors and Program Managers will advise guests throughout the cruise/tour of any “bubble” requirements.

While on board, will masks be required?

Mask will be required when roaming around the public spaces. In general, Masks will be required at any times where social distancing is not possible.

Masks will not be required while seated at meals or in your cabins.

We all realize that the situation is very fluid right now and changes occur daily.  However, we all spent a lot of money for this cruise, and we should have updates as things change. Your last update on the Travel Health Advisory was March 8.

We certainly appreciate your point, however we felt that given the fluidity of information relating to the pandemic and how quickly the information changes, we did not want to confuse our guests with interim policies that were likely to be changed prior to our resumption of cruise and tour operations. This is precisely why we waited until we were closer to our return to service before we posted these latest updates.

Thank you for your response .  I do have another question that I can't find an answer to on your website. I know beer and wine are included in the cruise.  Will you have an option to upgrade to include cocktails and if so how much will it cost?  Also, can we bring a bottle on board to enjoy in our cabin?  Since we are departing from Scotland , I would like to enjoy a single malt of my choice!

7 hours ago, Jbeam151 said:

I know beer and wine are included in the cruise.  Will you have an option to upgrade to include cocktails and if so how much will it cost?  Also, can we bring a bottle on board to enjoy in our cabin?  Since we are departing from Scotland , I would like to enjoy a single malt of my choice!

Hello JBeam151: Thank you for your reply! We certainly want you to be able to enjoy your preferred Single Malt while sailing the North Atlantic!

We will allow you to bring any alcohol purchased on land aboard our Ocean Explorer (and Odyssey when she debuts next year) and you can consume these on board. Please keep in mind if you want these served to you in our dining room or lounges, you will be charged a nominal corkage fee.

Vantage will include Beer and Wine during dinner.  

52 minutes ago, VantageDeluxeWorldTravel said:

Hello JBeam151: Thank you for your reply! We certainly want you to be able to enjoy your preferred Single Malt while sailing the North Atlantic!

We will allow you to bring any alcohol purchased on land aboard our Ocean Explorer (and Odyssey when she debuts next year) and you can consume these on board. Please keep in mind if you want these served to you in our dining room or lounges, you will be charged a nominal corkage fee.

Vantage will include Beer and Wine during dinner.  

This is a very generous corkage policy.  Most ocean cruise lines I'm aware of allow corkage for wine only.  Some do allow bringing spirits onboard, but only for in-cabin consumption.  It's nice to be treated as an adult!

Oceana allows you to bring as much alcohol as you want on board.  We have sailed with them 7 times and have enjoyed every cruise immensely.  Looking forward to this trip since we've gone no where for almost 2 years.  

7 hours ago, Jbeam151 said:

Oceana allows you to bring as much alcohol as you want on board.  We have sailed with them 7 times and have enjoyed every cruise immensely.  Looking forward to this trip since we've gone no where for almost 2 years.  

Does Oceania allow you to pay a corkage fee and drink your own Single Malt in the bars and lounges?

Yes on corkage fee if you bring your own wine.  No on corkage for distilled spirits in  the bars.   However, Ive walked around the ship many times with a self sourced drink in my hand.  Nobody will stop and ask you. 

• 2 weeks later...

Yesterday the CDC issued the following warning.  Since this Scotland to Boston trip includes 3 stops in Iceland, I think it would be foolish and reckless for Vantage to continue this cruise.  If you don't plan to cancel, please allow us to cancel this journey and apply the credit to another trip.882012788_ScreenShot2021-08-12at11_31_29AM.png.2dcee589b341a6bf41bc5c6fa6afaf44.png

55 minutes ago, Jbeam151 said:

Yesterday the CDC issued the following warning.  Since this Scotland to Boston trip includes 3 stops in Iceland, I think it would be foolish and reckless for Vantage to continue this cruise.  If you don't plan to cancel, please allow us to cancel this journey and apply the credit to another trip.882012788_ScreenShot2021-08-12at11_31_29AM.png.2dcee589b341a6bf41bc5c6fa6afaf44.png

Hi Jbeam151: Thanks for your latest post. As we have all been aware, the Covid-19 Pandemic has been a very fluid event with information changing week by week, if not day by day. Vantage takes the safety of our Guests and Crew to be of the utmost importance. Our global team is constantly monitoring the situation world wide as we resume operations this month. Currently Vantage has not made any official determinations at this time.

We ask all of our guests who are scheduled to depart soon to please continue to log in periodically to your My Portfolio Account as it is there within the Trip Alerts Section that we will advise you of any changes, modifications or postponements to your journey. Those with specific requests for their reservations should contact our offices directly.

• 3 weeks later...

RE:  Route of the Vikings Cruise, leaving Sept.4.  The Canada portion of this trip was cancelled several months ago. Couldn't be helped and I understand that. But now, 48 hours before departure, Vantage tells us that we probably won't be going to Greenland and you will substitute 4 additional Iceland ports. The primary reason I chose this trip was to visit Greenland. Ive been to Scotland and Iceland. In addition , we now have 6 consecutive sea days sailing from Iceland to Boston.   This is not acceptable. A $500 cabin credit is insulting. I'm not asking for a refund. Let us cancel this and get a future credit.  Pres Talley

My husband and I are scheduled on Vantage’s Luxury on the Nile tour leaving on 10/25/21.  We are watching things closely but decided as of now that we’re planning to go.  Vantage told us the same tour scheduled for August 30 did take place, so it’s probably still in process right now.  I wish someone would blog about it!