So is there still the 5% of non vax kids for July or Aug?

JEANMR1

I listened to the live Facebook feed this morning and it sounded like there would be no kids at all but I’m still not sure because I haven’t gotten anything from Carnival nor have they canceled my cruise. Also does anyone know if there still be $600 onboard credit if you’re bumped off the cruise because you have a child under 12?

Thanks in advance

18 minutes ago, JEANMR1 said:

I listened to the live Facebook feed this morning and it sounded like there would be no kids at all but I’m still not sure because I haven’t gotten anything from Carnival nor have they canceled my cruise. Also does anyone know if there still be $600 onboard credit if you’re bumped off the cruise because you have a child under 12?

Thanks in advance

This is the very latest from the website. Apparently no one who isn't vaccinated will be able to cruise. 

Screenshot_20210611-113514_Chrome.jpg

1 hour ago, Lee Cruiser said:

This is the very latest from the website. Apparently no one who isn't vaccinated will be able to cruise. 

Screenshot_20210611-113514_Chrome.jpg

Bullet point #1 and paraphrased in bullet point #2.....All guests, including children who are age-eligible for vaccines, will need to show proof of vaccination. 

This sounds to me like those children who are NOT age-eligible will be exempted from showing proof of vaccination so definitely not a 100% vaxed cruise. 

I listened to John this morning and he definitely said no children.  Maybe they made that decision because too many people turned in the form to request exemptions for their first July cruise out of Galveston and they figured there was just no good way to do it.

18 minutes ago, WhaleTailFlCruiser said:

Everyone has to be vaccinated, So if your kid is under 12 and can't get vaccinated yet then they can't go. 

I get it now. Thanks for the clarification. 

Happily it's just us old fockers.😃

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, cruisegirl06 said:

So, essentially, if you have under-12s - is it a forced cancellation without the OBC given to those who had their cruises cancelled?

I’m hoping Carnival gives more info soon.

Hopefully they will at least allow the OBC from the "canceled" cruise to move to the rescheduled one.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, TNcruising02 said:

I listened to John this morning and he definitely said no children.  Maybe they made that decision because too many people turned in the form to request exemptions for their first July cruise out of Galveston and they figured there was just no good way to do it.

I was watching an interview with the President of Carnival (someone posted the link here earlier) and they brought up the online form.

It wasn't said directly but it sounded like too many people filled out the form.. so that would make sense your comment about too many people filling it out.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stellarose said:

wonder how long the vaccine policy will stay..... December. yes...

I would personally be surprised if it went that long, but no one really knows.  A lot depends on the what happens with the Florida lawsuit and whether the CSO expires at the beginning of November.

10 minutes ago, Elaine5715 said:

No where does it say the 5% will be held for kids

For Carnival, there is no longer a 5%.  They intend a fully vaccinated cruise.

• All guests, including children who are age-eligible for vaccines, will need to show proof of vaccination.
  • This means, that regrettably, guests who are not vaccinated, including children who are not yet eligible for a vaccine, will not be permitted to sail.*

4 minutes ago, Lee Cruiser said:

For Carnival, there is no longer a 5%.  They intend a fully vaccinated cruise.

• All guests, including children who are age-eligible for vaccines, will need to show proof of vaccination.
  • This means, that regrettably, guests who are not vaccinated, including children who are not yet eligible for a vaccine, will not be permitted to sail.*

That is not in the letter that Carnival just sent 10 minutes ago for the Florida July sailings and it explains the exemption process.

• Like 1

They say one thing this morning then another this evening. Glad I got full refund cause there would be no guarantee that 4yo could cruise.   I'll rebook next year when the stress of all this passes

6 hours ago, Bgwest said:

Bullet point #1 and paraphrased in bullet point #2.....All guests, including children who are age-eligible for vaccines, will need to show proof of vaccination. 

This sounds to me like those children who are NOT age-eligible will be exempted from showing proof of vaccination so definitely not a 100% vaxed cruise. 

It appears now that this interpretation is correct after all. 

At least until it changes again!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, regoodwinjr said:

That is not in the letter that Carnival just sent 10 minutes ago for the Florida July sailings and it explains the exemption process.

Once again there is conflicting information being given.  However, the website may just be Texas cruises and not August cruises from Florida.

34 minutes ago, Elaine5715 said:

No where does it say the 5% will be held for kids

Sure it does, at least in part:

As we operate to meet the CDC guidelines, there is an exemption process to accommodate a small number of guests who are unable or ineligible to be vaccinated (children under 12) and other exceptions as required by federal law)

Edited by Bgwest

"It’s important to note that the number of exemptions will be a very small subset, will largely be children under 12, and it will be less than 5 percent of guests to account for no shows and other operational matters.  And, we cannot begin to process these exemptions until after all final payments are received and we have certainty on the total number of guests on board – so that we can determine the number of exemptions"

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bgwest said:

Sure it does, at least in part:

As we operate to meet the CDC guidelines, there is an exemption process to accommodate a small number of guests who are unable or ineligible to be vaccinated (children under 12) and other exceptions as required by federal law)

"and other exceptions as required by federal law)"  Children are not sources of ship revenue.