Name Unknown on vaccine cards

JTJ

My niece a local RN has been helping vaccinate the crew of the Freedom of the Seas this past week.   Each record card had NU in place of the persons name,  she was told it stood for Name Unknown.   All the vaccinated crew (hundreds) had this same name on the cards the medical team filled out.   

3 minutes ago, JTJ said:

My niece a local RN has been helping vaccinate the crew of the Freedom of the Seas this past week.   Each record card had NU in place of the persons name,  she was told it stood for Name Unknown.   All the vaccinated crew (hundreds) had this same name on the cards the medical team filled out.   

And?

4 minutes ago, JTJ said:

The card is really intended for the individuals records.  

3 minutes ago, BND said:

The card is really intended for the individuals records.  

Exactly, I volunteered at a couple of the “mega” vaccination sites in the Dallas area early on. We were doing thousands on injections per day, all those CDC cards had no names on them, just the sticker with the manufacturer and the lot#, plus the date 

1 minute ago, not-enough-cruising said:

Exactly, I volunteered at a couple of the “mega” vaccination sites in the Dallas area early on. We were doing thousands on injections per day, all those CDC cards had no names on them, just the sticker with the manufacturer and the lot#, plus the date 

We got ours at a large site in No VA in an old Nordstrom's.  Man was it organized.  We had to check in with ID and then went to where we got our shots.  Everything was recorded in a db and our names are on our cards.  But, the reality is, our real record is on the VA Dept of Health and CDC site db.  We have a printout from the site too.  With the cruise line vaccinating the crew, they just have to report out that all crew has been vaccinated.  The state where they were vaccinated won't be keeping records on the crew as they aren't residents of that state.  It's really up to the cruise line to do so.

21 minutes ago, JTJ said:

I think I understand your implication ...  with such incomplete records, how will we really know WHO is truly vaccinated and possibly people (not the crew) faking vaccination ????

1 minute ago, BND said:

We got ours at a large site in No VA in an old Nordstrom's.  Man was it organized.  We had to check in with ID and then went to where we got our shots.  Everything was recorded in a db and our names are on our cards.  But, the reality is, our real record is on the VA Dept of Health and CDC site db.  We have a printout from the site too.  With the cruise line vaccinating the crew, they just have to report out that all crew has been vaccinated.  The state where they were vaccinated won't be keeping records on the crew as they aren't residents of that state.  It's really up to the cruise line to do so.

I agree, the states or the US government won’t be keeping records of foreign crew vaccinations. 

At the TX mega sites, your drivers license would be scanned (ours have a bar code), and then scan the bar code on the vaccine of the day. This data, name, address, DL#, manufacturer and lot #, is immediately uploaded to the state health department. In the interest of time, the cards for the day were preprinted with the date, and vaccination center, date of injection, date of second dose, individuals could fill in their own name at home. 

2 minutes ago, newcruzer2 said:

I think I understand your implication ...  with such incomplete records, how will we really know WHO is truly vaccinated and possibly people (not the crew) faking vaccination ????

I doubt anyone but the cruiseline, as employer, are tracking these records. I am sure they know who has and has not been vaccinated. 

16 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

They left ours blank for the name, better so we could fill it in. I didnt even get a sticker back last January. We arent in any data base. Yes we went to fair park, a mega center, the day it opened.

You say in your next post it was immediately uploaded. Nope, they didnt even have computers or iPads until the 2nd visit. I have no sticker. What you say might have been later but not back last January where I went.

Edited by firefly333

4 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

You are in the Texas DHS data base. 

How if they didnt even have computers set up yet. If we were why didnt my moms doctor have access to her records. Have you read of all the mess that went on at fairpark in dallas? We waited 6 hours for our 2nd shot. No one there knew people would come back for 2nd shot, the date was just written on our cards.,I had a email and the guy said just show up about the time of 1st appointment. No one told fairpark 2nd appointments were coming ..they scheduled a day of 1st shots. They had changed by then to scanning ..we just showed up at a date written on our cards.

Sorry why didnt moms doctor have access if what you say is true. Were you at fair park? My guess is not in January...maybe you were someplace at a later date. 

11 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

You are in the Texas DHS data base. 

My guess why we were day 1 was because of my dads age, and my moms. They sent generic links not attached to any names. We decided dad was too old and frail so mom and me used the 2 links.

I probably wasnt supposed to go tbh, but my dad was so old the year of his birth couldnt be accepted and had to be in notes. They pulled them out because she is 95 and 102, not me. I just used his time.

But that's my guess why we were emailed to come the day fairpark opened. Information can only be uploaded if there are computers. Not back then. Dont make assumptions for how it was a place you werent there.

Not sure how Texas handled it at the beginning, but we had our first shot the day that the Moderna vaccine was available in Florida, and no one was “up to speed” on the recording process yet. The DOH had to suspend vaccinations for a few days each week at first so they could manually upload the data into the state’s database. By the time we got our second shots four weeks later, they had the process automated.

47 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

How if they didnt even have computers set up yet. If we were why didnt my moms doctor have access to her records. Have you read of all the mess that went on at fairpark in dallas? We waited 6 hours for our 2nd shot. No one there knew people would come back for 2nd shot, the date was just written on our cards.,I had a email and the guy said just show up about the time of 1st appointment. No one told fairpark 2nd appointments were coming ..they scheduled a day of 1st shots. They had changed by then to scanning ..we just showed up at a date written on our cards.

Sorry why didnt moms doctor have access if what you say is true. Were you at fair park? My guess is not in January...maybe you were someplace at a later date. 

Just because your mothers PCP does not have her records does not indicate anything.  In TX, a PCP has to request records from DHS, it is not automatic. During the vaccination process there is no mechanism in place, in TX, to link a vaccine recipient to their PCP; that would just slow down the process.

I am fully aware of the Fair Park fiasco, but trust me, Dallas County was not going to pick up the tab for those vaccines, and without documentation to the state health department, they would not receive the federal reimbursement, NO government agency turns down funding.

Edited by not-enough-cruising
  • Like 1