No Vaccines Required?

10 minutes ago, Joseph2017China said:

I live in Florida.  We have not been locked down.  We are an open state.  All tourist areas are now mask free zones.  You have choices.  Anyone stepping foot in Florida will be around unvaccinated people.  And anyone that lives here, have been openly living without masks, or required vaccines.  If you are afraid to cruise than please don't cruise, and don't discuss it.  

That's a good warning. A couple of my family members went on vacation to Florida and they both caught Covid, had to be hospitalized, and now one of them is dead. They said the Florida Governor said it was safe, but they found out the hard way that it wasn't. I'm immune compromised so I will not be going to Florida anytime soon. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bead Pirate said:

I have been faithfully following all of the threads on this issue. We all want to return to cruising soon, Lord knows it has been a long 14 months without a cruise.

I just got my results back from my antibody test today (4th consecutive month now as I had COVID in February) and my natural antibodies are still well above those of a vaccinated person. My Doctor said absolutely no vax shot until the natural antibodies recede to a normal level. Beginning to wonder if that will ever occur...

I am sure there are a lot of folks like me out there who are in a similar position. I have not seen a lot of discussion concerning this situation.

Just wondering if natural antibodies are protective against the variants that you were not exposed to. For example......are you as protected against the Delta variant as those folks who have been vaccinated with the mRNA vaccines? I haven't heard anything about this. Did you happen to question your doctor about that?

1 hour ago, harkinmr said:

😂

He can and might say almost anything.  But, no, he could not legally "insist" that the cruise lines not call on those countries or in any way prevent them from doing so.  It would just end up being a conflict over the vaccine requirement which is nothing new.  But I don't think even he would let it go that far.

Does DeSantis realize what a difficult situation he has placed the cruise lines in? This gets more difficult by the day, IMHO.

4 minutes ago, coffeebean said:

Just wondering if natural antibodies are protective against the variants that you were not exposed to. For example......are you as protected against the Delta variant as those folks who have been vaccinated with the mRNA vaccines? I haven't heard anything about this. Did you happen to question your doctor about that?

Something like this? 

Research that vaccines are more effective than natural ifection immunity based on past experience with SARS viruses.

https://www.researchsquare.com/article/rs-226857/v2

Edited by Dat Cruisin Couple
  • Like 2

35 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

No, if a port has a vaccine requirement, the ship will not be allowed to call on the port if there any unvaccinated onboard. 

Well, that is a better answer than denying passengers from disembarking at a port. Makes more sense.

1 minute ago, coffeebean said:

I do not believe that for a minute. Too much revenue for the state of Florida and jobs are at stake.

Yet he didn't back down when lines threatened to leave. He didn't say go then but he  didn't back down either.

2 hours ago, coffeebean said:

Really? Is Royal actually asking for people to volunteer their vaccine documentation? That is not the impression I get from reading the latest protocols from Royal. But.....that wouldn't be the frist time I was wrong about something.

I've read rcl too and rcl says you will be tested at your expense if you arent vaccinated. If you dont volunteer your vaccine card as proof then you pay out of pocket to be tested. ...rcl will know. 

12 minutes ago, Dat Cruisin Couple said:

Something like this? 

Research that vaccines are more effective than natural ifection immunity based on past experience with SARS viruses.

https://www.researchsquare.com/article/rs-226857/v2

Yes, that is what I have read also. Not this specific article but others say the same thing......that mRNA vaccines induce a more robust immune response than immunity from natural infection. To my understanding, this is the reason why having proof of Covid is not accepted like having proof of vaccination.

Edited by coffeebean

7 minutes ago, coffeebean said:

Well, that is a better answer than denying passengers from disembarking at a port. Makes more sense.

It is not as if the ship has a choice. The port sets the requirements and grants permission to enter - or not.

45 minutes ago, Joseph2017China said:

I live in Florida.  We have not been locked down.  We are an open state.  All tourist areas are now mask free zones.  You have choices.  Anyone stepping foot in Florida will be around unvaccinated people.  And anyone that lives here, have been openly living without masks, or required vaccines.  If you are afraid to cruise than please don't cruise, and don't discuss it.

Straw man fallacy.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Joseph2017China said:

If you are afraid to get the vaccine, then please don't get the vaccine, and don't discuss it. 

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

Great advice!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WJ47 said:

That's a good warning. A couple of my family members went on vacation to Florida and they both caught Covid, had to be hospitalized, and now one of them is dead. They said the Florida Governor said it was safe, but they found out the hard way that it wasn't. I'm immune compromised so I will not be going to Florida anytime soon. 

I am sorry for your loss.  

Please don’t take the poster’s comments as an indication of the way all of us living in Florida have behaved. Many of us masked and took all of the other precautions to protect others. And many of us are vaccinated.  Just not enough of us at this point.  Stupid people and comments are not the norm, but it is still important to be cautious when visiting our state. 

• Like 6

Thank you. I am not the least bit afraid but I won't be sailing, at least not from Florida. 

I canceled everything and will now be vacationing in California where they have the lowest covid rates in the country, have just announced their economy is the best in the country (better than Texas and Florida combined) and most of all, the smart people there actually believe in science.  

If you are so afraid of the vaccine, just stay in Florida and don't discuss it, thank you very much.  

I feel for all the Floridians that do believe in science and are stifled by their governor and others.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2