Future Cruise Incentives

Our first ACL River boat cruise will be this July from Nashville to Memphis.

Once we are enjoying our cruise, as much as I think we will, do they offer onboard 

incentives for future River Cruises?  I have found at least 3 I would be interested in during 2022

2 hours ago, Texasramblinreck said:

We’re they incentives like on internet like $1,000 reduced or reduced deposits 

15% savings on any future cruise

waived port charges and fees

10% savings for your friends and family

Had to book prior to leaving the ship but had 2 weeks to change cruise itinerary or date

15 hours ago, Loveh2ofl said:

15% savings on any future cruise

waived port charges and fees

10% savings for your friends and family

Had to book prior to leaving the ship but had 2 weeks to change cruise itinerary or date

Wow I’m impressed.  Hope they do that on our cruise.  15% plus port charges is around $2,500.  I would go ahead and book a new cruise if that’s the case.  Looking at lower or upper Mississippi or New England out of Boston.  Thanks for the info. 

18 hours ago, Texasramblinreck said:

Hope they do that on our cruise. 

ACL does that on all cruises.  With port charges waived, this amounts to approximately 20% savings - a very good discount.  The only catch is you have to book the cruise (and pay the deposit) WHILE you are still on the ship.  Sometimes the staff gets busy and it can be hard to find time to do this (they have to do the whole reservation on the phone to HQ), so it helps to make the reservation early in your cruise and have your desired schedule and cabin picked out ahead of time.

Thanks to everyone for the info.  I’ve got together 3 possible future cruises to consider in 2022.  My TA said they would give onboard credit, but I don’t know what I can spend it on.  My first River Cruise, had 16 ocean cruises, so don’t know what to expect.  That’s why these forums are helpful or people like me. I plan to post my experiences after I return.

Really nothing to purchase on board any ACL ships or boats.  A few tours have a charge, most are included.  Drinks all included.  No t-shirts, caps, or souvenirs for sale.   

Our travel agency issues us a rebate after the cruise.

• Like 1

My TA said they would issue a rebate afterwards too, but didn’t say how much, so don’t know what to expect.  I just don’t know if it’s worth the hassle to transfer.  When we started cruising 20 + years ago, we got pretty good OBC, but they have greatly decreased over the past few years.  We are getting a $250 OBC on an upcoming Norwegian cruise in January.  A future cruise on ACL is considerably more in cost even with discounts than the upcoming Norwegian cruise, just don’t know if ACL rewards TA like Major Cruise Lines do.

3 hours ago, Texasramblinreck said:

My TA said they would issue a rebate afterwards too, but didn’t say how much, so don’t know what to expect.  I just don’t know if it’s worth the hassle to transfer.  When we started cruising 20 + years ago, we got pretty good OBC, but they have greatly decreased over the past few years.  We are getting a $250 OBC on an upcoming Norwegian cruise in January.  A future cruise on ACL is considerably more in cost even with discounts than the upcoming Norwegian cruise, just don’t know if ACL rewards TA like Major Cruise Lines do.

Based on my one experience, my ACL rebate is less than what I usually get.  The ACL is 6.1% rebate, on other cruise lines it is in the 8-9% range.  I really do not understand why your TA can not tell you the exact amount, perhaps they have never booked am ACL cruise.  I always get my TA quote before I book.

Good Luck.