ANYBODY STILL WAITING FOR BOOKING TO TRANSFER TO MILLENIUM ALASKA?

itzfitz

It's been 2 weeks since Millennium replaced Summit sailings to Alaska.  We're fully paid for the August 27 sailing and STILL no confirmation from Celebrity that my reservation has been transferred.  We did use a TA, who called and Celebrity said be patient, it might take 2 weeks......  Anyone else still waiting for confirmation?

18 minutes ago, itzfitz said:

It's been 2 weeks since Millennium replaced Summit sailings to Alaska.  We're fully paid for the August 27 sailing and STILL no confirmation from Celebrity that my reservation has been transferred.  We did use a TA, who called and Celebrity said be patient, it might take 2 weeks......  Anyone else still waiting for confirmation?

I'm on the July 30 sailing and mine is done.  I believe they started with the soonest sailings and are working their way down the line.  The letter said it might take a few weeks.  I'm sure your transfer will happen soon.

1 hour ago, phoenix_dream said:

I have a September sailing - still waiting. I just hope we can keep the same, nice cabin we had before!

Phoenix, that's my worry as well.  I have read that some had their cabins changed, not category, but location.  Got my fingers crossed that it happens soon.

We were on the July 23 sailing and received our cabin yesterday.  It was posted to our account but did not receive an e mail, as promised.  It was the same cabin as the Summit.  Hang in there.  

6 hours ago, itzfitz said:

Phoenix, that's my worry as well.  I have read that some had their cabins changed, not category, but location.  Got my fingers crossed that it happens soon.

I know - I have a hump cabin and it concerns me that the sailings are open for bookings on the website.  Hopefully they have already blocked out those being transferred!  I have a TA which is a large online one (you can take a guess) and they are basically providing almost no service at all to help us through this.  I'll be happy in most any cabin at this point, but would be disappointed to lose that nice location!

5 minutes ago, phoenix_dream said:

I know - I have a hump cabin and it concerns me that the sailings are open for bookings on the website.  Hopefully they have already blocked out those being transferred!  I have a TA which is a large online one (you can take a guess) and they are basically providing almost no service at all to help us through this.  I'll be happy in most any cabin at this point, but would be disappointed to lose that nice location!

I have a TA I've used and he's always there to help.  He said that he had no way to expedite the change.  I just needed to be patient.  I'm trying.

5 hours ago, rboy000 said:

We were on the July 23 sailing and received our cabin yesterday.  It was posted to our account but did not receive an e mail, as promised.  It was the same cabin as the Summit.  Hang in there.  

We received an email with new booking on 7/23 cruise same cabin. 3 days later got an email that moved our cabin number 3 cabins down. ???

We booked an Alaska cruise on May 25th for a September sailing.  Obviously that initial booking was on the Summit.  After the announcement of the ship change we received an updated invoice on June 7th  reflecting the change to the Millennium.  Same stateroom number.  This particular stateroom has a very large balcony and we have booked it before on several M-class ships.

7 hours ago, Northern Aurora said:

We booked an Alaska cruise on May 25th for a September sailing.  Obviously that initial booking was on the Summit.  After the announcement of the ship change we received an updated invoice on June 7th  reflecting the change to the Millennium.  Same stateroom number.  This particular stateroom has a very large balcony and we have booked it before on several M-class ships.

Which sailing in September?

23 hours ago, phoenix_dream said:

I have a September sailing - still waiting. I just hope we can keep the same, nice cabin we had before!

Which sailing?  We are on September 24th on Millennium - booked a CS.

I am on the 9-3-21 sailing. I got confirmation 2 days ago.  Mine was moved, same category, different cabin. I called back and had them switch me back to the cabin I wanted. I think all of the sailings are loaded, for the transfers to Millennium, so if you booked directly, call them to get your original cabin back, or call your TA, if nothing else they can hold the cabin you want until they finish the paperwork. 

10 hours ago, TeeRick said:

Which sailing in September?

We booked the September 17th Alaska sailing on May 25th, and this sailing was originally scheduled for the Summit.  On June 7th we received the revised invoice reflecting the ship change to the Millennium and confirming the same stateroom.

We also are booked for the September 24th sailing, but booked after the ship swap.  We'll have the same stateroom for both legs.  I don't like Alaska sailings this late in the season, but am looking forward to returning to any ship on any itinerary.

12 hours ago, Northern Aurora said:

We booked the September 17th Alaska sailing on May 25th, and this sailing was originally scheduled for the Summit.  On June 7th we received the revised invoice reflecting the ship change to the Millennium and confirming the same stateroom.

We also are booked for the September 24th sailing, but booked after the ship swap.  We'll have the same stateroom for both legs.  I don't like Alaska sailings this late in the season, but am looking forward to returning to any ship on any itinerary.

Yes I am a bit concerned about the weather.  And if anything will still be open in the ports we visit.  But this will be our first cruise back so we are excited about going and will deal with whatever is required.  I know we met the two of you in Michael's Club on one sailing a few years ago. Easy to remember because we never meet people from Alaska (except Alaska cruises).  But I cannot remember which one.  It was an M-Class ship.  It will be nice to see you again.

I am on the 8/20 sailing and I called in and pushed the representative. She  had to contact the "deployment team" to receive permission to make the swap.  Our original cabin was not available which had a little bit larger balcony in a Sky Suite but, at this point, I am just happy to have it moved.  

Just received my updated booking for the August 27 cruise on the Millennium.  No word from TA but when on my Celebrity account page, voila, it appeared!  Same cabin.  So relieved.