ANYBODY STILL WAITING FOR BOOKING TO TRANSFER TO MILLENIUM ALASKA?

itzfitz

On 6/16/2021 at 4:55 AM, itzfitz said:

It's been 2 weeks since Millennium replaced Summit sailings to Alaska.  We're fully paid for the August 27 sailing and STILL no confirmation from Celebrity that my reservation has been transferred.  We did use a TA, who called and Celebrity said be patient, it might take 2 weeks......  Anyone else still waiting for confirmation?

Are you still waiting? I'm booked on the Sept 17th sailing and still shows as canceled. 

We have a group of 6 couples, 3 verandas and 3 concierge levels originally on Solstice, now on Aug 20.  The last couple just  got their room assignment today. Now we have 4 concierge’s, two veranda’s and one sky suite, spread across decks 6,7,8,9. 

We had a bit of a kerfuffle transferring from Summit to Millie...they refunded our full payment and we had to repay..but I think finally all is completed..and we are on the Sept 10th sailing.. not sure which terminal is departure, but I am sure we will find out soon...We are booked in a CS. and looking forward to some relaxation outside of our house! With someone fixing our meals and delivering me drinks! I will be a happy girl! Now my biggest concern is where to eat on first night out!

On 6/18/2021 at 6:17 AM, TeeRick said:

Yes I am a bit concerned about the weather.  And if anything will still be open in the ports we visit.  But this will be our first cruise back so we are excited about going and will deal with whatever is required...

One extra good thing about this time to sail, is that you could possibly have clear (cold is a given) weather and see the Aurora Borealis - northern lights-  as we did on our 2018 late Sept. cruise on the Millennium (a beautiful ship).  The captain made a late night announcement in a somewhat quiet voice that was able to be heard on the hallway speakers to let us know which direction to look, and which top open decks could be accessed for the best views.  He remained at an extra slow, maybe even stopped and turned for everyone who wanted to see and photograph it.  We had an aft corner balcony, so we were amazed by this viewing opportunity.  It was our second, but best sighting of that amazing phenomenon.  The captain on our 2015 September tiny 30 passenger ship (major adventures) local Alaskan Dream Cruise also stopped and announced the lights could be seen. It does rain often, as it did much of the Sept. 2017 Millennium cruise, but it is always an adventure and it is a beautiful place to sail. 

Sorry to hear that the transfers are requiring so much patience, but it will be worth it.  

16 hours ago, CharlieCharlieCharlie said:

One extra good thing about this time to sail, is that you could possibly have clear (cold is a given) weather and see the Aurora Borealis - northern lights-  as we did on our 2018 late Sept. cruise on the Millennium (a beautiful ship).  The captain made a late night announcement in a somewhat quiet voice that was able to be heard on the hallway speakers to let us know which direction to look, and which top open decks could be accessed for the best views.  He remained at an extra slow, maybe even stopped and turned for everyone who wanted to see and photograph it.  We had an aft corner balcony, so we were amazed by this viewing opportunity.  It was our second, but best sighting of that amazing phenomenon.  The captain on our 2015 September tiny 30 passenger ship (major adventures) local Alaskan Dream Cruise also stopped and announced the lights could be seen. It does rain often, as it did much of the Sept. 2017 Millennium cruise, but it is always an adventure and it is a beautiful place to sail. 

Sorry to hear that the transfers are requiring so much patience, but it will be worth it.  

Thank you.  That would be awesome.  How far north in Alaska were you at the time?  The Millennium cruises planned for 2021 don't go very far north.  Just inside passage.

4 hours ago, TeeRick said:

Thank you.  That would be awesome.  How far north in Alaska were you at the time?  The Millennium cruises planned for 2021 don't go very far north.  Just inside passage.

Our photos from Millennium 2018 show we were around Stephens Pass (earlier than I thought) on Sept 10, near Juneau. Our photos from Aug. 29, 2019 were an area between Wrangell and Ketchikan.  We usually stay two or three land weeks in various places between Denali and Homer sight seeing and fishing before a cruise.  Both times, the captains and other ship personnel mentioned that it was fairly rare, but not unheard of,  for the time of year and as far south as we were sailing.

I think the round trip Seattle has made us think twice about an Alaska cruise this year.  Super tempted by that Silhouette Iceland and Ireland in 2022.

Wishing you safe and adventurous travels.

Cindy

1 minute ago, CharlieCharlieCharlie said:

Our photos from Millennium 2018 show we were around Stephens Pass (earlier than I thought) on Sept 10, near Juneau. Our photos from Aug. 29, 2019 were an area between Wrangell and Ketchikan.  We usually stay two or three land weeks in various places between Denali and Homer sight seeing and fishing before a cruise.  Both times, the captains and other ship personnel mentioned that it was fairly rare, but not unheard of,  for the time of year and as far south as we were sailing.

I think the round trip Seattle has made us think twice about an Alaska cruise this year.  Super tempted by that Silhouette Iceland and Ireland in 2022.

Wishing you safe and adventurous travels.

Cindy

We are booked on the Silhouette Aug 29, 2022 - 12 night Iceland and Ireland.

On 6/18/2021 at 7:17 AM, TeeRick said:

Yes I am a bit concerned about the weather.  And if anything will still be open in the ports we visit.  But this will be our first cruise back so we are excited about going and will deal with whatever is required.  I know we met the two of you in Michael's Club on one sailing a few years ago. Easy to remember because we never meet people from Alaska (except Alaska cruises).  But I cannot remember which one.  It was an M-Class ship.  It will be nice to see you again.

I've cruised on the last Celebrity cruises a couple times in September, but they were usually a bit earlier.  Doubt a couple weeks will make all that much difference in weather but who knows.  I suspect since there was such a long drought of no visitors at all that most if not all places that are able to will stay open as long as ships are arriving.  We have a cruise booked the first week in September - can't wait!  September is actually my favorite time to sail Alaska (have sailed many times, including July and May).  

18 hours ago, phoenix_dream said:

I've cruised on the last Celebrity cruises a couple times in September, but they were usually a bit earlier.  Doubt a couple weeks will make all that much difference in weather but who knows.  I suspect since there was such a long drought of no visitors at all that most if not all places that are able to will stay open as long as ships are arriving.  We have a cruise booked the first week in September - can't wait!  September is actually my favorite time to sail Alaska (have sailed many times, including July and May).  

Thanks- the only other Alaska cruise we took was on Millennium 11 years ago but in the month of July.  It embarked in Seward and went to Vancouver.  It almost never got dark outside.  Pre-cruise we flew into Anchorage and spent a week on a land cruise-tour.  Loved every minute of it.  We know that Seattle to Seattle is a very limited Alaska experience.  But we get on a ship this year that is fully vaccinated (or nearly) and we are cruising again hopefully safely.  That is all that counts!