St Maarten June 12 Sailing -- all is well?

CalTexCruiser

Have not heard much about this sailing.  I assume everyone is enjoying themselves and not bothering with reporting back to us on CC.

And the debarkation COVID tests would have already been administered, so I assume no COVID positives on this sailing?

1 minute ago, SbbquilterUT said:

Several bloggers have posted from the ship - seems to have been a great trip.  The two patrons with positive COVID were isolated and no other positives noted.  

You are confusing the current sailing with the June 5th sailing.

43 minutes ago, CalTexCruiser said:

Have not heard much about this sailing.  I assume everyone is enjoying themselves and not bothering with reporting back to us on CC.

And the debarkation COVID tests would have already been administered, so I assume no COVID positives on this sailing?

I've seen some people posting on Facebook. Seems to be a great trip with no hiccups yet. They did not do any debarkation testing yesterday, but are starting today. 

40 minutes ago, SbbquilterUT said:

Several bloggers have posted from the ship - seems to have been a great trip.  The two patrons with positive COVID were isolated and no other positives noted.  

They just started testing this morning.  I haven't heard of any positive results yet.  Hopefully all is well.  (I'm negative, my husband hasn't received his results yet).

It has been a wonderful cruise.  It is very sad that it ends tomorrow 😞

Edited by chawkjewel
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, chawkjewel said:

They just started testing this morning.  I haven't heard of any positive results yet.  Hopefully all is well.  (I'm negative, my husband hasn't received his results yet).

So glad to hear that everything has gone well. Safe travels home. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, chawkjewel said:

What would happen if your husband or anyone else tested positive? Would he/they be quarantined on the ship, denied getting off the ship? Any idea?

1 minute ago, LewiLewi said:

What would happen if your husband or anyone else tested positive? Would he/they be quarantined on the ship, denied getting off the ship? Any idea?

I believe they are quarantined on the ship and then moved to a facility on St. Maarten until they test negative.  Can't be certain but I think that is the agreement with the port that has been made.

21 minutes ago, chawkjewel said:

Glad to hear you enjoyed yourselves.  Was occupancy also low like the first cruise?  Was it easy to dine when you want and where you want?

16 minutes ago, LewiLewi said:

We saw this in play for the June 5th. If they test positive but have NO symptoms, then Celebrity arranges for travel home. This is what happened to two passengers last week. If the passengers had symptoms, then they would likely remain in St Maarten either in isolation in mild, or a medical facility if needed. 

• Like 1

Hi, 

It is great to hear that this cruise is going well. I am booked on a similar cruise on the Celebrity Summit that departs from St. Maarten on July 10. The two positive cases on last week's cruise had me concerned.

Chuck

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, CalTexCruiser said:

Glad to hear you enjoyed yourselves.  Was occupancy also low like the first cruise?  Was it easy to dine when you want and where you want?

We hear it was a little less.  The first sailing had press, etc. that aren't on this cruise.  I think we have right about 500.

• Like 1