Port Canaveral Hotel

cruising mom 2

19 minutes ago, Ashland said:

We finally made our decision and booked Home2Suites....Raddison was our 2nd choice but apparently looking a bit tired or so I've read.

Most all the PC hotel have shuttles to the port. Home2Suites parking is $6.00.

You made a good choice.  Over the years we have stayed at most all the hotels that are in that general area and while we have always enjoyed the staff and pool at the Radisson it is in need of some renovations.  

Would we stay there again….probably if the rates were good…..but since we were able to get a decent rate at the new Hampton (in the same building at the Home2Suites) we opted for a newer and nicer hotel.

• Thanks 1

On 6/23/2021 at 3:50 AM, JohninDC said:

Lots of hotels near the port and dining - we like the Homewood Suites.  For KSC I think you will need to use a taxi van or Uber.

We've decide to rent two cars for the 6 of us (April 2022)...MCO pick up and Port Canaveral drop off morning of cruise. So we'll have transportation to restaurants & KSC. Then Have booked Cruise Control from port back to MCO. 

• Like 3

• 5 weeks later...
On 7/16/2021 at 9:18 PM, cruises42 said:

Has anyone stayed at Hampton Inn Cape Canaveral Cruise Port (new) yet? Any reviews?

We just booked today for our cruise in January and got a good rate (using Hilton Honors and AAA discount) less than $200 - which is good for Florida in January.  It wouldn't let me book online for some reason but I called their number and got a king bed room for one night.  Parking is $6 extra but breakfast included.  Happy with that.  We stayed at Holiday Inn Resort before.....it was okay but not impressed - lots of construction was going on (that was January 2020). 

7 hours ago, Diver2014 said:

We just booked today for our cruise in January and got a good rate (using Hilton Honors and AAA discount) less than $200 - which is good for Florida in January.  It wouldn't let me book online for some reason but I called their number and got a king bed room for one night.  Parking is $6 extra but breakfast included.  Happy with that.  We stayed at Holiday Inn Resort before.....it was okay but not impressed - lots of construction was going on (that was January 2020). 

We're booked for May. I hope you come back and let us know how you liked it.

• 2 months later...
14 minutes ago, cruises42 said:

Did you stay at the Hampton Inn in October? If so, how did you like it?

there are two Hampton Inns in Port Canaveral.  This is the brand new one the Hampton Inn Cruise Port and we loved it!!!  Very nice, clean, very well laid out.  We have reservations for November, December and March!!

2 minutes ago, GTO-Girl said:

there are two Hampton Inns in Port Canaveral.  This is the brand new one the Hampton Inn Cruise Port and we loved it!!!  Very nice, clean, very well laid out.  We have reservations for November, December and March!!

Great, thanks! that is the one we have booked for May.

• 1 month later...

We are sailing on Independence for NYE, well hopefully if we test negative on the 29th.  In an abundance of caution I canceled our stay at the Radisson because their refund policy states you must cancel by the 28th or be billed the full amount. If we test negative on the 29th, I will book at the Hampton. Are there any restaurants within walking distance of the Hampton?

4 hours ago, CariAnn said:

We are sailing on Independence for NYE, well hopefully if we test negative on the 29th.  In an abundance of caution I canceled our stay at the Radisson because their refund policy states you must cancel by the 28th or be billed the full amount. If we test negative on the 29th, I will book at the Hampton. Are there any restaurants within walking distance of the Hampton?

Since the driveway to the Hampton is less than 100 yards from the main entrance to the port we just taxi or Uber there where there is an abundance of restaurants….and you can see the ships if they are in port.

Our favorite restaurants are Grills or Fishlips…..😁😁

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 11/2/2021 at 10:00 PM, GTO-Girl said:

Do you know if it has a shuttle going to the port? We were planning to Uber but I just saw on someone's review that it cost $37 to Uber (from 2 miles from port). That is crazy@! I'm hoping they have a shuttle.

12 hours ago, cruises42 said:

Do you know if it has a shuttle going to the port? We were planning to Uber but I just saw on someone's review that it cost $37 to Uber (from 2 miles from port). That is crazy@! I'm hoping they have a shuttle.

Keep in mind that shuttles often have a per person charge, they are not free. Depending on how many of you there are it may end up costing more than an Uber or taxi.

9 hours ago, Marie51 said:

Keep in mind that shuttles often have a per person charge, they are not free. Depending on how many of you there are it may end up costing more than an Uber or taxi.

From what I've experienced before shuttles are usually $10/person (and there are just 2 of us). We also have used Uber before, and it was never that expensive.