Protocols for Unvaccinated Guests on Freedom of the Seas cruises starting July 2

22 minutes ago, CRUISEFAN0001 said:

Good questions - good answers:

1) Just like the vaccine itself...getting Covid before and developing antibodies IS NO GUARANTEE you won't get it - there have been plenty of reports of both situations contracting it.

2) The primary upside is that the odds are quite low someone will either get it at all after the vaccine or having antibodies, and if so....the symptoms are asymptomatic or else far less severe.

3) With tens of millions of doctors and nurses taking the vaccine themselves...given their knowledge...it is highly puzzling (and virtually an excuse) why anyone would question its safety. 

4) Unlike numerous previous vaccines, the Covid vaccines do not introduce any portions of the actual disease itself...rather...it turbocharges your immune system to reject Covid.  I've spoken to literally dozens of people who had no clue this was the case and developed false ideas to avoid getting it.

5) While the vaccine itself drastically reduces the risk of getting Covid, it also reduces the ability to be a "carrier" significantly - which is why many perceive (right or wrong) that those avoiding vaccination are selfish and not caring about anyone else around them.

6) If everyone who is eligible to get the vaccine did so, the whole pandemic situation would be much closer to the end nationwide and worldwide.

7) The statement that it was developed to just address emergency reasons to help stop deaths is simply totally false.

😎 Per #6...many of us would already be cruising again...DUH.

So after all that, your points show no data that the vaccine is no better than natural immunities. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Goodtime Cruizin said:

So after all that, your points show no data that the vaccine is no better than natural immunities. 

Really?  Just like in high school...asking someone to do your homework isn't acceptable.

In the meantime...luckily most people understand the false hopes of natural immunities.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Tippyton said:

Not sure that's been demonstrated.  There are some studies/professionals who have said the opposite.  The vaccinated defense targets one aspect of the virus, but natural immunity is more broad.

Yes, this is another area, where they say that, but we don’t know for sure.  Which is better long term against future contact with Covid19.  Moderna, Pfizer, Astra-Zeneca, J&J, or recovered?  Nobody knows the answer to that simple question.  Those who say any one of the above is just sharing their religious beliefs.  

Again, we keep talking about science, science is about finding truth.  It is not about enforcing beliefs.  Ask Galileo and the Inquisition.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, broberts said:

So you are in favor of eliminating past guest levels and benefits?

This isn't hard. Try not to let it be either.  

A loyalty program on any product/service in most cases are earned by the amount of dollars spent. In the new RCG world, an unvaxed P, D+, or D would not have the same loyalty rights and priveleges they once had but the vaxed P, D+, & D would continue the same.  And the only difference between the two is that their concerns over the vsccine and/or their natual immunities are being ignored by RCG. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, xpcdoojk said:

Again, we keep talking about science, science is about finding truth.  It is not about enforcing beliefs.  Ask Galileo and the Inquisition.

Which prompts the 2 most common questions...why do doctors "practice" medicine? and why is an "exact science" considered an oxymoron?

All that said...with hundreds of millions of people successfully vaccinated and cruising and other activities opening up these days...hanging on to the excuse-laden ideas by anti-vaxxers is clearly nothing more than severe cases of denial and the main obstacles to resuming normalcy.

Edited by CRUISEFAN0001
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, CRUISEFAN0001 said:

Really?  Just like in high school...asking someone to do your homework isn't acceptable.

In the meantime...luckily most people understand the false hopes of natural immunities.

Got it. And just like in High School, you must've went along with the 'in' crowd trying to be cool instead of just doing the right thing.

Bottomline, you can't produce the data....

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Goodtime Cruizin said:

Got it. And just like in High School, you must've went along with the 'in' crowd trying to be cool instead of just doing the right thing.

Comparing doing "the right thing" vaccines to address Covid with "being with the in crowd" has to rank as one of the most obtuse explanations ever heard.

It's really sad that people develop their own totally-unfounded excuses to "do the right thing", which is vaccinate.  Those few who are out of touch with the facts to date on this topic only justify their misguided excuses to be a part of the solution instead of continue being a part of the problem.

• Like 1

It's a shame Royal doesn't charge a $1000 per passenger fee to those not vaccinated booking a cruise...to cover the extra costs to everyone else for the safety provisions caused by the anti-vaxxer mindset.

If they did that...watch the excuses disappear....

Edited by CRUISEFAN0001
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

26 minutes ago, Goodtime Cruizin said:

You get what you ask for. RCL is basically inviting problems onto themseleves. When you take people, define them into two different classes of people, and then by design allow one group of people to be treated better than the other group... you're going to create issues. TBH, I hope this is a complete failure on RCG. It's wrong to do what they are doing and they'll pay a price for it. It's also why most business', if not all business in the US are not doing this. 

They won't pay a price, they are doing the right thing. Just because you do not like it, does not mean it is not right. RCG is not creating two classes of people.... idiots are creating two classes of people. I'm okay with it... makes it easier to identify them and avoid completely. (not referring to infection concerns)

As with anything over the last 15 months, changes will occur as information/guidance changes. If you cannot adapt to such changing information, how about sticking to something slower, as you do not have to cruise. Go find something else you like to do, and leave the cruising to those that aren't butt hurt over protocols. The protocols will all be gone in the very near future, and then you can bring your snowflake self on board and no one will try to push their "controlling agenda" on you and try to make you wear that big bad mask...😪 I know it's sad... supposedly strong men, being triggered and having their feelings hurt because of a mask or being asked to be respectful of those around them. Pathetic!

*In this response "you & your" is not specifically about you, (the poster I responded to) unless you identify as such and are triggered. It is a generality to those that have an issue with the protocols.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Tippyton said:

Not sure that's been demonstrated.  There are some studies/professionals who have said the opposite.  The vaccinated defense targets one aspect of the virus, but natural immunity is more broad.

Oh my. What to believe?

9 hours ago, ljason913 said:

I will cruise but I won’t be wearing a mask and I will refuse the testing. Happily vaccinated I will not for any reason do mask etc to accommodate unvaccinated people

You are full of hot air OR You will be left at a port somewhere. The cruise lines will not be playing around with this in the short term. 

• Like 1

There are alot of vaccine bigots on these boards these days. I sure wish everyone would take the time to set aside your prejudices of others and re-think about the possibilities that either or both sides of the argument can be wrong. I actually think both sides are wong in many areas. 

I'm vaxed because i doubted I could have survived a Covid attack. My neighbor next door, is 38 and he and his wife both had Covid and survived. He's not dead set against a vaccine but he also believes that is ant-bodies are sufficiently enough to fight off future covid attacks. Medically speaking, no one can actually tell him he's wrong. But because he won't get the vax many on this board think he's less than what he really is. Only because they want to go on a cruise ship. That folks is what makes someone a vaccine bigot.  

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, CRUISEFAN0001 said:

All that said...with hundreds of millions of people successfully vaccinated and cruising and other activities opening up these days...

It isn't all about the vaccine. 

It has been estimated that 118 milion have had Covid and now have natural immunities.  Between vaccines and natural immunities, herd immunity is being reached. 

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, cured said:

This may be a total shocker to some, but as soon as science determines what level of titers is acceptable immunity, I totally support providing a lab report drawn a week before any cruise.

A lab report confirming a certain titer level should be accepted.  If businesses and schools can accept titer levels for diseases such as measles, as soon as the science is there, the same should be acceptable for covid.

Not only will requiring this get around DeSantis's law (those vaccinated can opt to provide a titer report,) but will also be inclusive of everyone who has antibodies.  And a lab report is just a tiny bit harder to fake than a cardboard card with handwritten scrawled info.

Will NEVER happen, for one very important reason. 
Many that are vaccinated will have a negative antibody test. Depending on the test parameters, the portion of the antibody detected may not be present in the vaccinated individual. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Goodtime Cruizin said:

It isn't all about the vaccine. 

It has been estimated that 118 milion have had Covid and now have natural immunities.  Between vaccines and natural immunities, herd immunity is being reached. 

Interesting new (and inaccurate) "facts" - "herd immunity" was originally stated to be when 70% of the population had been vaccinated or proven to have developed immunities.  We're nowhere near that percentage at this time.

Many here seem to be rooting for similar things...just going about things with different processes.  Having the right info helps. 

59 minutes ago, cured said:

This may be a total shocker to some, but as soon as science determines what level of titers is acceptable immunity, I totally support providing a lab report drawn a week before any cruise.

A lab report confirming a certain titer level should be accepted.  If businesses and schools can accept titer levels for diseases such as measles, as soon as the science is there, the same should be acceptable for covid.

Not only will requiring this get around DeSantis's law (those vaccinated can opt to provide a titer report,) but will also be inclusive of everyone who has antibodies.  And a lab report is just a tiny bit harder to fake than a cardboard card with handwritten scrawled info.

So people have a get a blood test in order to cruise? Not gonna happen. Ridiculous.

1 minute ago, not-enough-cruising said:

Will NEVER happen, for one very important reason. 
Many that are vaccinated will have a negative antibody test. Depending on the test parameters, the portion of the antibody detected may not be present in the vaccinated individual. 

I agree. We are a people of convenience these days. 

"Jab me. Put it on a card. Give me the card."  

All of which few even care to quesrtion, they just do it...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Goodtime Cruizin said:

You get what you ask for. RCL is basically inviting problems onto themseleves. When you take people, define them into two different classes of people, and then by design allow one group of people to be treated better than the other group... you're going to create issues. TBH, I hope this is a complete failure on RCG. It's wrong to do what they are doing and they'll pay a price for it. It's also why most business', if not all business in the US are not doing this. 

Sad that some hope for failure, IMHO

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Goodtime Cruizin said:

This isn't hard. Try not to let it be either.  

A loyalty program on any product/service in most cases are earned by the amount of dollars spent. In the new RCG world, an unvaxed P, D+, or D would not have the same loyalty rights and priveleges they once had but the vaxed P, D+, & D would continue the same.  And the only difference between the two is that their concerns over the vsccine and/or their natual immunities are being ignored by RCG. 

Violation of FL law plain and simple.

2 minutes ago, CRUISEFAN0001 said:

Interesting new (and inaccurate) "facts" - "herd immunity" was originally stated to be when 70% of the population had been vaccinated or proven to have developed immunities.  We're nowhere near that percentage at this time.

Many here seem to be rooting for similar things...just going about things with different processes.  Having the right info helps. 

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention estimates that between February 2020 and March 2021, there were about 114.6 million total coronavirus infections in the U.S.. That’s about 81.1 million more cases than are confirmed as of June 17.

• Like 1