Updated Health and Safety Protocols for HAL as of June 17, 2021

LAFFNVEGAS

We are booked for the Eurodam, unexpectedly, from August 15 through September 12 ending in Venice because of our Rotterdam cancellation.

Coming in from Tampa on the 14th, any recommendations for hotel near the port and airport transportation?

3 minutes ago, smileyface1948 said:

We are booked for the Eurodam, unexpectedly, from August 15 through September 12 ending in Venice because of our Rotterdam cancellation.

Coming in from Tampa on the 14th, any recommendations for hotel near the port and airport transportation?

You would be better asking this on the 'Italy Ports' sub forum.  There already is a lot of information about hotels and transport there.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/464-italy-ports/

This stands out for me:

"All guests must complete the pre-cruise Health Questionnaire and Vaccine Attestation, and accept the Passage Contract and Risk Acceptance. " (bolding by me)

Is this a new form?  Has anyone seen it?

3 hours ago, cbr663 said:

This stands out for me:

"All guests must complete the pre-cruise Health Questionnaire and Vaccine Attestation, and accept the Passage Contract and Risk Acceptance. " (bolding by me)

Is this a new form?  Has anyone seen it?

If you are booked on HAL, it is in the check in section of your account.  You confirm you read and understand the Risks for Covid-19.  It basically states that while aboard, in terminals, etc., you acknowledge you may be exposed to C-19, that the risk in inherit in activities where people gather, is beyond the control of HAL and cannot be eliminated under any circumstances, and a whole lot more basically acknowledging risk and accepting responsibility.  It also talks about guests will undergo screening and specific health information.  IMHO, this isn't a CYA document, but more that you understand you may be exposed, and exposure may have consequences out of the control of HAL.  If people don't like it; they should not sail.  It is that simple.  Again, IMHO.  The Health Assessment was not available in my account yet as my sailing in later this fall. 

Edited by AKJonesy
  • Like 1

On 6/21/2021 at 5:20 PM, ontheweb said:

I don't believe either the Chinese or Russian vaccines have been approved by the WHO, and are therefore not acceptable.

Two Chinese vaccines, Sinovac and Sinopharm, have been approved by WHO.

The Pfizer/BioNtech Comirnaty vaccine was listed for WHO Emergency Use Listing (EUL) on 31 December 2020.

The SII/Covishield and AstraZeneca/AZD1222 vaccines (developed by AstraZeneca/Oxford and manufactured by the State Institute of India and SK Bio respectively) were given EUL on 16 February.

The Janssen/Ad26.COV 2.S developed by Johnson & Johnson, was listed for EUL on 12 March 2021.

The Moderna COVID-19 vaccine (mRNA 1273) was listed for EUL on 30 April 2021

The Sinopharm COVID-19 vaccine was listed for EUL on 7 May 2021. The Sinopharm vaccine is produced by Beijing Bio-Institute of Biological Products Co Ltd, subsidiary of China National Biotec Group (CNBG).

The Sinovac-CoronaVac was listed for EUL on 1 June 2021.

50 minutes ago, nocl said:

Two Chinese vaccines, Sinovac and Sinopharm, have been approved by WHO.

The Pfizer/BioNtech Comirnaty vaccine was listed for WHO Emergency Use Listing (EUL) on 31 December 2020.

The SII/Covishield and AstraZeneca/AZD1222 vaccines (developed by AstraZeneca/Oxford and manufactured by the State Institute of India and SK Bio respectively) were given EUL on 16 February.

The Janssen/Ad26.COV 2.S developed by Johnson & Johnson, was listed for EUL on 12 March 2021.

The Moderna COVID-19 vaccine (mRNA 1273) was listed for EUL on 30 April 2021

The Sinopharm COVID-19 vaccine was listed for EUL on 7 May 2021. The Sinopharm vaccine is produced by Beijing Bio-Institute of Biological Products Co Ltd, subsidiary of China National Biotec Group (CNBG).

The Sinovac-CoronaVac was listed for EUL on 1 June 2021.

Do you know what the percentage of efficacy was found in the clinical trials for those 2 approved Chinese vaccines? Is it anywhere near that of the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines?

1 hour ago, ontheweb said:

Do you know what the percentage of efficacy was found in the clinical trials for those 2 approved Chinese vaccines? Is it anywhere near that of the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines?

I don’t know the numbers, but from what I have read, the Sinovac and Sinopharm are not very good at preventing cv-19 infections.  The China vaccines, (I believe), were widely used in Brazil, in India, and other places where infection are still not under control.

Edited by crusinbanjo

3 hours ago, ontheweb said:

One of them was less than 50% the other slightly above it. 

Even the Chinese ministry of Health stated that one of them (Sinovac I believe but am not certain) was not very good. Have not seen anything about how they do against the variants. Sinovac trials seem to be all over the map some at 50%, others much better.  Very erratic with no explanation.

I did see one article that talked about the high number of cases among Indonesian health personnel that had been vaccinated with one of them.

Sinopharm’s efficacy in preventing symptomatic infection was 78% in UAE, Bahrain, Egypt and Jordan combined.

Edited by nocl
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, nocl said:

One of them was less than 50% the other slightly above it. 

Even the Chinese ministry of Health stated that one of them (Sinovac I believe but am not certain) was not very good. Have not seen anything about how they do against the variants. Sinovac trials seem to be all over the map some at 50%, others much better.  Very erratic with no explanation.

I did see one article that talked about the high number of cases among Indonesian health personnel that had been vaccinated with one of them.

Sinopharm’s efficacy in preventing symptomatic infection was 78% in UAE, Bahrain, Egypt and Jordan combined.

That does raise the question of whether some countries may decide that some of those approved by WHO vaccines are not good enough especially against the new variants.

Do you happen to know when those Chinese vaccines were approved by the WHO? Was it recently? I remember WHO approved list without them. I guess we are all forgetting that in the beginning an at least 50% efficacy was what was hoped for.

5 hours ago, ontheweb said:

That does raise the question of whether some countries may decide that some of those approved by WHO vaccines are not good enough especially against the new variants.

Do you happen to know when those Chinese vaccines were approved by the WHO? Was it recently? I remember WHO approved list without them. I guess we are all forgetting that in the beginning an at least 50% efficacy was what was hoped for.

the dates were in the list I posted.