Florida wins so Carnival can sail with kids

lobster1313

20 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

The science and data say the vaccine is safer than the disease.

What long-term studies prove this claim? Is this a one-size-fits-all statement? One of the more recent issues popping up is young males are experiencing myocarditis and pericarditis. Meanwhile, the data says that these males of that same age group are at an extreme low risk of COVID death. Even adding in comorbidity death in that group.

Such big claims for a vaccine that is not even approved by the FDA yet. Yet people are confused why some no longer care about hearing the word "science".

3 minutes ago, MrMarc said:

You are ignoring the fact that the majority of their customers want vaccinated cruises for now.  

Want vaccinated cruises or are scared into believing they need vaccinated cruises? To go along with the theme of the judges ruling, no one is demanding vaccines in any other circumstance. Why is that? Because no one is scaring everyone into believing they need one.

The truth is, the majority doesn't care if other people are. Those who do, are concerned about their cruise being interrupted, by baseless panic we ourselves, have created.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, TNcruising02 said:

Well, people whine and cry about Florida and its laws.  News flash.  They can cruise from a port outside of Florida.  Nobody is forcing anyone to cruise from a state they hate with leadership they hate.

Sounds good on paper but don’t underestimate how much Florida’s economy relies on cruise dollars from out of staters.

Some Floridans seem too smug in thinking the cruise industry needs them.  

17 minutes ago, Babr said:

Still not sure I get your meaning. Please clarify the part about the Florida law.

The Florida law is about not allowing companies to require proof of covid vaccination status to get a good or a service.  The CDC required 95% vaccinated cruises in order to allow the cruise experience be mask free. The people want to be free of masks. That is not saying that if people want to wear a mask that they can't. It's their choice. With the regulation being ruled a recommendation by the judge in the lawsuit, hopefully it's a moot point.

Edited by MamallamaAndDaddy
typos

Just now, vacruisin said:

Sounds good on paper but don’t underestimate how much Florida’s economy relies on cruise dollars from out of staters.

I think there are plenty of people who love Florida and are happy to cruise from the state to fill up all of the cruises that leave from the state.  But seriously, I would not choose to cruise from a state if I had so much hatred for the way it is run.  The difference is also that I would not go on and on and on and on about how much I hated the leadership and the state.  I would just accept that cruising out of that state wasn't for me.  I would change my choices, not expect a state to change because of my views.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, TNcruising02 said:

I think there are plenty of people who love Florida and are happy to cruise from the state to fill up all of the cruises that leave from the state.  But seriously, I would not choose to cruise from a state if I had so much hatred for the way it is run.  The difference is also that I would not go on and on and on and on about how much I hated the leadership and the state.  I would just accept that cruising out of that state wasn't for me.  I would change my choices, not expect a state to change because of my views.

Well we all are guilty of going on and on about certain things soooo…..🤷🏾‍♂️

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Neither side of this argument will give an inch. We just all have to decided what risks we are willing to accept and where we want to spend our vacation dollars. 

With that said, if there is a serious outbreak on a cruise out of anywhere. Cruise companies will NOT survive another shutdown. Is Desantis going to welcome a unvaccinated COVID cruise with open arms and allow Florida to shoulder the situation?  

4 minutes ago, Joebucks said:

What long-term studies prove this claim? Is this a one-size-fits-all statement? One of the more recent issues popping up is young males are experiencing myocarditis and pericarditis. Meanwhile, the data says that these males of that same age group are at an extreme low risk of COVID death. Even adding in comorbidity death in that group.

Such big claims for a vaccine that is not even approved by the FDA yet. Yet people are confused why some no longer care about hearing the word "science".

Want vaccinated cruises or are scared into believing they need vaccinated cruises? To go along with the theme of the judges ruling, no one is demanding vaccines in any other circumstance. Why is that? Because no one is scaring everyone into believing they need one.

The truth is, the majority doesn't care if other people are. Those who do, are concerned about their cruise being interrupted, by baseless panic we ourselves, have created.

So you are making the decision for those people?   You have determined that other peoples fears are baseless?   To compare this situtation to other vaccines totally ignores reality.  You can not want to provide proof of COVID vaccination, but at least be honest and recognize the difference and at least respect that, based on what I've seen, most people do not agree with you.  That doesn't make them right, but at least recognize their opinion.

1 minute ago, MamallamaAndDaddy said:

Don't get me started again either lol 

Yeah, I kind of felt like the pot calling the kettle black.  I have definitely had one or two rants myself.  Every time I tell myself not to do it, my fingers keep typing. 

• Like 1

Just now, TNcruising02 said:

Yeah, I kind of felt like the pot calling the kettle black.  I have definitely had one or two rants myself.  Every time I tell myself not to do it, my fingers keep typing. 

I can't help it, I always end up on stating my opinions or discussing what they are and debates. lol But I try to treat them like a cruise buddy that I am sharing a drink with. I do have to bite my tongue sometimes.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, vacruisin said:

For this whole "majority" of cruisers that demand vaccination, they have the ability to vote with their wallets. They can refuse to sail out of Florida. Refuse to do business with a company that doesn't mandate vaccinations.

At the end of the day. We all call their bluff. Life will move on. The sailings will fill. The "never" people will likely be back as they always are. Tablecloths, COVID, you name it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, musbeus said:

Neither side of this argument will give an inch. We just all have to decided what risks we are willing to accept and where we want to spend our vacation dollars. 

With that said, if there is a serious outbreak on a cruise out of anywhere. Cruise companies will NOT survive another shutdown. Is Desantis going to welcome a unvaccinated COVID cruise with open arms and allow Florida to shoulder the situation?  

Great question.   

Just now, MamallamaAndDaddy said:

I can't help it, I always end up on stating my opinions or discussing what they are and debates. lol But I try to treat them like a cruise buddy that I am sharing a drink with. I do have to bite my tongue sometimes.

I think sometimes it's easy to forget that we all actually have the love for cruising in common and would probably have a good time meeting on a ship.  Some of us have different views on how to get back to cruising, but we all want to get back to it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Joebucks said:

For this whole "majority" of cruisers that demand vaccination, they have the ability to vote with their wallets. They can refuse to sail out of Florida. Refuse to do business with a company that doesn't mandate vaccinations.

They could, or they can make a stand in Florida. 

10 minutes ago, Joebucks said:

At the end of the day. We all call their bluff. Life will move on. The sailings will fill. The "never" people will likely be back as they always are. Tablecloths, COVID, you name it.

I can name several people who have said they wouldnt come to texas since texas pulled their mask mandate. Lol I hope they mean it.

It's a choice, cruise from wherever suits you. Nice to have choices. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, MamallamaAndDaddy said:

The Florida law is about not allowing companies to require proof of covid vaccination status to get a good or a service.  The CDC required 95% vaccinated cruises in order to allow the cruise experience be mask free. The people want to be free of masks. That is not saying that if people want to wear a mask that they can't. It's their choice. With the regulation being ruled a recommendation by the judge in the lawsuit, hopefully it's a moot point.

You never address the points I ask about. That in itself tells me all I need to know.

Thanks anyway.

9 minutes ago, TNcruising02 said:

I think sometimes it's easy to forget that we all actually have the love for cruising in common and would probably have a good time meeting on a ship.  Some of us have different views on how to get back to cruising, but we all want to get back to it.

absolutely. And there's a drink on me if we ever meet. That goes out to all of you unless you have there drink package.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, MrMarc said:

So you are making the decision for those people?   You have determined that other peoples fears are baseless?   To compare this situtation to other vaccines totally ignores reality.  You can not want to provide proof of COVID vaccination, but at least be honest and recognize the difference and at least respect that, based on what I've seen, most people do not agree with you.  That doesn't make them right, but at least recognize their opinion.

That's the problem, an opinion is supposed to be respected like it means something. Even with that said, if it is your opinion that you need to be vaccinated, that option is completely available. I have no qualm whatsoever with anyone who wants to be vaccinated. I do not think less of them. If anything, I think some people are scared into that choice though.

It is no opinion which groups of people are at high vs low risk of COVID complications. It is no opinion that medicine comes with side effects. It is no opinion that this vaccine has an unprecedented short test phase. It is no opinion that healthy people shouldn't take medicine they don't need. It is no opinion that my natural immunity hasn't proved to be a threat to society.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Joebucks said:

That's the problem, an opinion is supposed to be respected like it means something. Even with that said, if it is your opinion that you need to be vaccinated, that option is completely available. I have no qualm whatsoever with anyone who wants to be vaccinated. I do not think less of them. If anything, I think some people are scared into that choice though.

It is no opinion which groups of people are at high vs low risk of COVID complications. It is no opinion that medicine comes with side effects. It is no opinion that this vaccine has an unprecedented short test phase. It is no opinion that healthy people shouldn't take medicine they don't need. It is no opinion that my natural immunity hasn't proved to be a threat to society.

However there is a very good reason that the 2 month time period was chosen.  If you are interested, research it so that the information not from me.  It's  not that natural immunity is a threat, it is just not clear how strong that immunity is, if it varies between people.  There is still research to be done on that.  Hopefully there will be results soon.

20 minutes ago, musbeus said:

This is what I’ve been thinking about today. So cruise lines must present their health manifest and illness records to clear when returning back to the US to get permission to dock and let us all off. I’m wondering if there is an outbreak or even covid cases on board returning to Florida is DeSantis turning the ship away or allowing them to dock and let passengers off?  Does he even have authority over that as the decision referenced the coast guard or border patrol I think.   I know part of the CSO were medical agreements in each port...was that unreasonable? 
Weren’t cruise ships denied porting in Florida right before the shutdown? 

• Like 1