LIVE from "Iceland's Natural Beauty" -- All Sailings, 2021

Peregrina651

13 minutes ago, IWantToLiveOverTheSea said:

That's wonderful news, especially about the shuttles.   Do you know where and when they go - specific area or address or landmark, when last one is, etc.?

Sorry, all I remember is that they run until 9.

Edited by SantaFe1
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Peregrina651 said:

Repeating the thread guidelines for those who are new to the party.

This "LIVE from" thread is about what is happening right now on board the ship and nothing else.

If you aren't heading to the ship or on it, you are a member of the audience and are asked to refrain from posting here unless it is a specific question for those on board. Members of the audience, even those who have already sailed, are also asked to refrain from answering questions.  Unruly audience members will be reported.

THANK you, Peregrina!  Awesome-- and thanks to those LIVE on the ship for taking time out to answer our questions! 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, SantaFe1 said:

It was so full that they were asking people in the main cabin to check their roll aboards for free because there wasn’t room for them all.

I’m sorry it was so crowded on arrival, Christine! I know you were concerned beforehand. Our entry was a breeze on the 14th, but it seems folks have discovered Iceland! Dave reports that on FB someone on your ship said Icelandair had 7 or 8 flights arriving this morning between 5:30 and 6:30 am. Perhaps it was because it’s a Saturday, as well as later in the season. We arrived on a Monday and were the only Icelandair flight arriving about 6 am.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LindaS272 said:

I’m sorry it was so crowded on arrival, Christine! I know you were concerned beforehand. Our entry was a breeze on the 14th, but it seems folks have discovered Iceland! Dave reports that on FB someone on your ship said Icelandair had 7 or 8 flights arriving this morning between 5:30 and 6:30 am. Perhaps it was because it’s a Saturday, as well as later in the season. We arrived on a Monday and were the only Icelandair flight arriving about 6 am.

Yes, we were told four planes in an hour and I think three were Delta.  And there was just NO direction from the Iceland authorities.  As it was warm today, people were just peeling off clothing and fanning themselves.  We were standing for almost two hours, and there were a few people I was getting worried about.   I think doing away with the testing will be a really good thing.  And now, off to Explorers Lounge!!  Virtual no more!  All fun from now on out!

• Like 12

1 hour ago, FLORIDA FLOUNDER said:

Not sure if it's too early to tell but is the ship at half capacity as the Viking rep said it would be?

Have been told several times that there are about 470 passengers on board. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, SantaFe1 said:

Just got back from the first port talk.  In the theater as always.  No seats blocked off.  Probably 100 people there.  All masked.  We had a glass of wine and enjoyed it, just like in old time.  We placed an order with our steward for what we wanted in our mini bar.  It will arrive tonight.

I thought you did not need to wear a mask when seated.

In my attempt to be useful I am collecting all the info from people's posts into a document, and I'm also uploading copies of the dailies. FYI someone on f b posted the day-1 dailies.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1rJqx62oEB9Ty8LckUD5NfSUM8HYyC_fs?usp=sharing

I hope CC lets that go through. It brings you to a folder with my file, plus another folder to hold the dailies. I'll try to keep it up-to-date.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 4

5 minutes ago, FoggyEthan said:

FYI someone on f b posted the day-1 dailies.

Still helpful to post them here for those who don't follow other social media.

8 minutes ago, FoggyEthan said:

In my attempt to be useful I am collecting all the info from people's posts into a document, and I'm also uploading copies of the dailies.

FANTASTIC IDEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!  FANTASTIC SUMMARY of what is being said here. THANK YOU!

I'm keeping it open on my desktop and watching the updates.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SantaFe1 said:

Sorry, all I remember is that they run until 9.

I saw a screen shot of the Daily and it said that passengers would be dropped off at Harpa Concert Hall and that there would be Viking reps there to assist. 

• Like 1

Thanks Foggy. Much appreciated.

"Reservations for now are not needed in the restaurant."

This could solve the problem where on MVJ I booked table for us and my daughters' cabin but when I got my cruise docs table was only for 2.

9 minutes ago, madrone said:

I saw a screen shot of the Daily and it said that passengers would be dropped off at Harpa Concert Hall and that there would be Viking reps there to assist. 

I lifted these from the site that can not be named since the folks on our site have been to busy getting settled in to post them yet.  Enjoy!!

May be an image of map and text that says 'VIKING Saturday, Sd,June26,2021 26, VIKING DAILY Weather: Mainly Sunny 56° Sunrise: 2:58 AM Sunset: 12:02 AM Date Viking Sky Iceland's Natural Beauty June 26, 2021 to July Port Sunday, 2021 Thursday, Docked Docked Docked Docked Iceland Akureyri, Seydisfjórdur,lo Djúpivogur, Arrival Embarkation Overnight 8:00 AM 8:00 AM Saturday, Departure Overnight 6:00 PM 5:00 PM PM Islands Reykjavik, Iceland Docked 10:00 AM 5:00 AM PM 6:00 PM Disembarkation Viking Sky take back Ship Location the ship: Vinsamlegast taktu mig oftur til skip Iceland Back On Board Overnight Tel.: (354) 595 2200 (354) 550 5100'

No photo description available.

May be an image of text that says 'Featured Enrichment Lecturers RESIDENT HISTORIAN ondon. prince Bandar Port open GUEST LECTURER Excursion Booking Sunday, excursions literature present The GUEST LECTURER Waltham, PhD, over geohazards Gangway. pace Kamchatka. basis. Refunds Guests was scientific books papers illustrated with photographs taken himself. GUEST iceland. Michael Scott transactions botanist interesti wildlife, authored attached/stapled submitting only done to credit cards, It's regularly Wildlife magazine. former deputy chair Heritage 2005 get cash. Currency currency Reykjavik, Iceland Icelandic Króna approximate exchange rateis $1.00 We regret Icelandic Króna cannot be purchased Natural services Internet TV geographic location oday, the Internet during apologize unable o sta port.'

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, SantaFe1 said:

We got both!!

Could you order something from the Room Service menu before getting test results or were you limited to the sandwich and donut they gave you?

Have an amazing journey! Thank you.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bbtondo said:

So that means  that we aren't free to post our thoughts on this subject?

Yes, that is exactly what it means.

This is a LIVE thread which means the rules are slightly different and in favor of those who are posting from the ship. Please read the Cruise Critic guidelines section on Disruption & Harassment and note that LIVE threads are singled out for special mention.

If you wish to share your opinion or thoughts on any topic mentioned here, please do so in the thread which was set up for that purpose.  Iceland's Natural Beauty General - 2022 started first and it is not the intention of this thread to end the conversation that was already taking place there when this thread was started. The two can and should co-exist -- one for LIVE reports from the ship only and the other for sharing information, thoughts and chit-chat.

I repeat this to one and all:  If your aim is to share your thoughts, please go to Iceland's Natural Beauty General - 2022. If you are here to learn from those who are on board, please sit back and let them do the talking.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, IWantToLiveOverTheSea said:

I'm on Facebook and would love to see the Dailies, plus the post about the shuttle to Harpa.  But there are multiple Viking pages and groups on Facebook.  If anyone can tell me which one has the Dailies, I'd be glad to go to Facebook, do screenshots of the Dailies, and post them here. 

Thanks for the summary, Foggy Ethan!

The dailies are also up at the link I created. As I get more dailies I'll put them up there.

I figure in some ways this is better than posting them here, because you just KNOW that there will be multiple people asking "can someone post the dailies" requiring someone to point them back to the earlier post.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, FoggyEthan said:

The dailies are also up at the link I created. As I get more dailies I'll put them up there.

I figure in some ways this is better than posting them here, because you just KNOW that there will be multiple people asking "can someone post the dailies" requiring someone to point them back to the earlier post.

Where is the link you created  How about posting a link to your link or telling us the link's title and where it is created.  Thanks