LIVE from "Iceland's Natural Beauty" -- All Sailings, 2021

Peregrina651

4 hours ago, FLORIDA FLOUNDER said:

Not sure if it's too early to tell but is the ship at half capacity as the Viking rep said it would be?

I was told tonight about 400.  It looks empty.  In the restaurant none of the big tables were used,  no tables taken out that I could tell.  But just very, very sparsely populated.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, madrone said:

Is that result from BOTH the Keflavik AND Viking tests before you can go explore? 

No, I think,not.  Once I got Iceland’s Viking said we were free to go.  Never did hear from them, however.  In my opinion, the saliva test we have to take every day is worse than the nasal swab!  Ugh.

1 hour ago, PeabodyMa said:

Could you order something from the Room Service menu before getting test results or were you limited to the sandwich and donut they gave you?

Have an amazing journey! Thank you.

They left us a room service menu,  so I assume you could order from there.

Edited by SantaFe1
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, minka34 said:

Foggy, if you get a chance, I'm interested in the Chef's Table Menus!

I'm not on board the ship, I'm just collecting what other people post. If someone posts it, I'll add it, promise! I have to wait another 2.5 weeks to board.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PeabodyMa said:

Could you order something from the Room Service menu before getting test results or were you limited to the sandwich and donut they gave you?

Yes, you are encouraged to order from room service if you wisj something different .

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, SantaFe1 said:

It was so full that they were asking people in the main cabin to check their roll aboards for free because there wasn’t room for them all.

Same for us leaving from Newark on Wednesday .

2 minutes ago, bbubeck said:

We're leaving from Newark on Thursday.

Our flight was pretty crowded . Make sure that you check in with the gate agent there so that they can verify you have your vaccination card and your pre_registration bar code from the Icelandic government . They will mark your boarding  pass Docs OK  so that when it is time to board the person scanning your boarding pass will see that and let you board. It was a short 4 1/2 hour flight for us from EWR to Reykjavik. Hopefully you won’t have to do the test and wait for results thing !   If you are looking for a good restaurant for dinner on Friday, the Old Iceland place is very

good ( although I would recommend a reservation before you arrive or at least on line when you arrive) ,  and for a lovely wine bar, Port 9 a hidden gem .

Are there excursions for purchase?  If so, how do the prices compare to independent operators.  I imagine some of you on this cruise are experienced in doing your own thing during your travels.

How far before your cruise were you able to view excursions on Viking site?  We don't cruise until August 31 and there are NO excursions to even read about.

1 hour ago, Snit13 said:

Are there excursions for purchase?  If so, how do the prices compare to independent operators.  I imagine some of you on this cruise are experienced in doing your own thing during your travels.

How far before your cruise were you able to view excursions on Viking site?  We don't cruise until August 31 and there are NO excursions to even read about.

You read about excursions here.  https://www.vikingcruises.com/oceans/cruise-destinations/baltic/icelands-natural-beauty/index.html#itineraryday/2

3 hours ago, Snit13 said:

When we booked our shorex, doing our own thing was not an option and most of us did not do research on on them. If you have more questions, about booking shorex, independent tours and when it will be your turn to book shorex, please ask them in Iceland's Natural Beauty General - 2022 . The topic has been well covered in that thread.

Edited by Peregrina651

So excited to hear reports from actual folks about “our” ship.  Glad to hear the rumor I heard a month or so ago is true and that Jenna is the CD.  Could one of you fine folks aboard take a picture of the officer’s roster and post it.  It is located just outside The Chef’s Table near the elevators. 
TIA- have fun!!!!

• Like 2

Please, what is the brand name of the tracking device (contact tracer)? My friend wants to ensure it will not interfere with her medical device. If there's also a model number, then that would be helpful.

Thank you for taking time to help us.

Edited by PeabodyMa
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, PeabodyMa said:

Yes, you could order room service while waiting for test results.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, minka34 said:

Foggy, if you get a chance, I'm interested in the Chef's Table Menus!

We are going tonight.  Xiang menu.  Then the British one, then our favorite, Asian Panarama on the last night.  We are going to all three.  Sorry, I don’t have the menus yet.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, PeabodyMa said:

Please, what is the brand name of the tracking device (contact tracer)? My friend wants to ensure it will not interfere with her medical device. If there's also a model number, then that would be helpful.

Thank you for taking time to help us.

I scanned the barcode on the back which brought up a company called Twilio. Also printed on there is -TTAT 198331.  Have no idea if that is a model number or not but perhaps this will help

• Thanks 2