LIVE from "Iceland's Natural Beauty" -- All Sailings, 2021

Peregrina651

On 7/3/2021 at 7:33 PM, carld said:

Have you found an excursion that will take you from the ship to the blue lagoon, leave you there 2 or 3 hours and then take you to the airport getting you there by 2PM?  We also have a late flight and the blue lagoon sounds a lot more fun that sitting around the airport.

We have a 4:50 pm flight to IAD and we were able to find a driver that would pick us up at the port, take us to the Blue Lagoon with our luggage, hold our luggage and then transport us to the airport. We had to purchase our own tickets to the Blue Lagoon in advance as they control capacity. We're using https://www.btitravel.is/ for the transfers,

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Clay Clayton said:

Thanks!

Wonder if she knows how many next week…not that it will make any difference  to us leaving on Friday 😂

Maybe I missed it, but is The Restaurant reservation only or has it gone back to the before times like it did last week?

We have reservations but doesn't look like anybody checks. Pre cruise we could only get 8pm last night but were so hungry we walked in at 615pm and nobody asked for a reservation so not sure but figured better safe than sorry when it comes to eating!

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, IWantToLiveOverTheSea said:

I agree with you there.  However, some people have been posting pictures from their excursions, which have been very interesting and helpful to me. 

1 hour ago, Clay Clayton said:

Thanks!

Wonder if she knows how many next week…not that it will make any difference  to us leaving on Friday 😂

Maybe I missed it, but is The Restaurant reservation only or has it gone back to the before times like it did last week?

We have reservations but doesn't look like anybody checks. Pre cruise we could only get 8pm last night but were so hungry we walked in at 615pm and nobody asked for a reservation so not sure but figured better safe than sorry when it comes to eating!

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, IWantToLiveOverTheSea said:

A bit of a hard question, but I'll try anyway:  I'm trying to avoid having to take a laptop for an 8 day cruise.  However, I'd like to be able to download pictures and see them on a computer screen and possibly crop them/save them to a thumb drive.  Can you put a thumb drive (or something else with a USB cord) into Viking's computers (near Explorers Desk, I believe) or is that impossible/off limits?  I couldn't do that on another cruise line, but who knows, maybe Viking is different.  (I can always hope.)  Thanks. 

Just an FYI, but it is never a good idea to type in an important password on a public computer, including hotel business centers, internet cafes, etc. I guess on board the ship will be a lot less likely to be hacked than at an internet cafe.

13 hours ago, hodges97 said:

Curious when I can expect to actually get off the ship when we return to Reykjavik.  We are trying to get a shuttle to the Blue Lagoon and Viking says we will be off by 9:00.  Just wonder if that's realistic.

Everyone on the first sailing was required to be off the ship by EIGHT, not nine. So no lingering over breakfast at the buffet. People with official transfers were taken to The Pearl museum where a room was reserved for them to wait in.

1 hour ago, Clay Clayton said:

Have any of you completed the Iceland Pre-registration form using a single phone number for multiple people. DMIL has a smart phone but would really like to do her registration on my phone and then print it for her to have. But I don’t know if I’ll be able to tell which barcode is whose when they come back?  

TIA for any advice. 

We did our reservations on separate phones, but just do yours one at a time on one device and wait for the return email. Each email will be personalized with your name and a link to a bar code. The bar code has the numbers of the code printed with it so you can compare to the email and make sure you get the right one. You can use the same phone number and email for each person in the registration doc.

Edited by LindaS272

2 hours ago, Dukefan said:

I don't believe there were any wine drinkers on the first cruise.   If there are any on the second cruise, please take a second while looking at the list to take a picture and post if so those of us following you will have an idea of the wines that are available.   Thanks.

There are pages and pages of wines. Do you prefer white or red? We just got caymus for the same price as we pay at costco so shocking to us as usually huge markups on board. Bad signal but will try some attachments. 

20210705_174407.jpg

20210705_174351.jpg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, IWantToLiveOverTheSea said:

I agree with you there.  However, some people have been posting pictures from their excursions, which have been very interesting and helpful to me. 

Yes some gorgeous photos posted.

2 hours ago, Dukefan said:

I don't believe there were any wine drinkers on the first cruise.   If there are any on the second cruise, please take a second while looking at the list to take a picture and post if so those of us following you will have an idea of the wines that are available.   Thanks.

Last Viking cruise we were on it was on a tablet electronically instead of a menu board.

13 minutes ago, VI_Lounger said:

There are pages and pages of wines. Do you prefer white or red? We just got caymus for the same price as we pay at costco so shocking to us as usually huge markups on board. Bad signal but will try some attachments. 

20210705_174407.jpg

20210705_174351.jpg

Thank you so much.  All the wines by the glass please.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, VI_Lounger said:

20210705_174407.jpg

20210705_174351.jpg

This is good information for the wine snobs. You know who you are! 😀

• Like 3

1 hour ago, VI_Lounger said:

20210705_174407.jpg

20210705_174351.jpg

You are my hero!   Thanks.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, LindaS272 said:

We did our reservations on separate phones, but just do yours one at a time on one device and wait for the return email. Each email will be personalized with your name and a link to a bar code. The bar code has the numbers of the code printed with it so you can compare to the email and make sure you get the right one. You can use the same phone number and email for each person in the registration doc.

Thanks! So you would suggest not using the text feature?

Edited by Clay Clayton

37 minutes ago, Clay Clayton said:

Thanks! So you would suggest not using the text feature?

Sorry, not sure what you’re referring to here…? When we registered it was by cell phone and they sent our confirmation via email with a link to a barcode. Not sure if they offered a text confirmation at that time. 

12 minutes ago, LindaS272 said:

Sorry, not sure what you’re referring to here…? When we registered it was by cell phone and they sent our confirmation via email with a link to a barcode. Not sure if they offered a text confirmation at that time. 

Now you can elect how to get the notification and they recommend text.  But email probably makes more sense-easier to print. 

21 hours ago, Peregrina651 said:

Sorry.  I zoned out.  Only 15 minutes to explore the Seltun geysers -- the only place we got out to explore.  Would have liked more time to explore but after 2 hours driving to the location, I needed a bathroom and could not wait an hour to get to the musem.  BTW, bathroom on the bus not usable because of Covid restrictions.

I don't know how much time we had at the museum but it was sufficient to see a good chunk of what was there at least superficially  and use the bathroom.  The museum itself is small but has plenty to see.  

Thanks for your response.  Enjoy your cruise and no coffee before excursion.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Doc who loves to travel said:

To those on board or returned...Did you need or wish you had your hiking poles on hikes? Does Viking provide them?

We took one pair and I used one pole on three excursions.  I was glad I had them. Viking does not provide them. 

• Like 1