Complementary In Room Dining Services

mmboogie107

Hello All. This might seem like a silly question so forgive me, I'm a first time cruiser. I will be on board the Westerdam in April and was wondering about the complementary In Room Dining Services. When you guys say "complementary" is the food complementary or is the delivery of the food "complementary" or is it both? Is there a service charge of some sort? Thanks for helping me to clarify things. Have a great day.

Yes, the menu is posted outside of the main dining room....pretty standard on most lines. On HAL we've also been able to get the menu from the bar staff in the Crow's Nest. I can't speak to the availability in the other lounges as we always go to the Crow's Nest for before dinner drinks. I also think that suite passengers can get the evening's menu from the Neptune Lounge concierge.

If you happen to be in an "S" or "PS" cabin, the dinner menu is delivered to your cabin every morning. Also, if you pre-dinner cocktails in Ocean Bar, the bartenders there have copies of the menu you can look at before going to dinner.

something we didn't find out until after our first cruise is that if you order breakfast from room service, if what you want isn't listed on the hang-card and you know they serve it, you can write it in. So far we've gotten whatever we've requested. :)

Lou - And sometimes after dinner drinks too....so there! :D

PS - For the rest of you....Lou and I like jerking each other around. We're cruising friends and have done two cruises together......and maybe some day we'll do another. :rolleyes: Lou's trying to get over my gift to him for formal nights.....

FormalOutfit.jpg.2d71a582fba8c3bdbd17a9c98a3b1954.jpg

Archived