Sailing on Edge June 26th

bnurick

1 hour ago, KKB said:

The word is they are not letting people check in early to manage crowds BUT if you are in a suite might they let u in the lounge early? 

That would be nice. I have no problem waiting my turn but someone told me that Lumanae stops serving lunch at 1:30 and with a 1:00 check in time, I don’t think we will make it unless we can get on a bit earlier. But no worries, I have a whole week to get to Lumanae. I’m sure if we don’t make it in time we aren’t going to starve lol.Some one said  the selections at Ocean cafe were good the first day and I also think the Mast Grill will be open later also. I love their burgers. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, dleahy4444 said:

That would be nice. I have no problem waiting my turn but someone told me that Lumanae stops serving lunch at 1:30 and with a 1:00 check in time, I don’t think we will make it unless we can get on a bit earlier. But no worries, I have a whole week to get to Lumanae. I’m sure if we don’t make it in time we aren’t going to starve lol.Some one said  the selections at Ocean cafe were good the first day and I also think the Mast Grill will be open later also. I love their burgers. 

On this sailing they allowed suite guests to board any time once boarding began. As far as I can tell the only people that were turned away were a few people that tried to board at like 11:30 before boarding began.

4 minutes ago, Sykes said:

On this sailing they allowed suite guests to board any time once boarding began. As far as I can tell the only people that were turned away were a few people that tried to board at like 11:30 before boarding began.

Oh great, thanks for letting me know! 

2 hours ago, graphicguy said:

After decades of flying nearly weekly for work, it became more a necessity than a requirement to only fly with carryon.  My proudest "packing job" was when I had a 2 week business trip to Germany.  I did not know the business dress norm of the places I had meetings with, so I packed dress pants, ties, dress shoes and wore a sport coat for the redeye flights from the U.S. to Germany.  In addition, I had a laptop, more cords than I care to count, as well as power bricks.  What I did have in abundance was travel bottles of Febreeze wrinkle release.  That proved essential.

Bottom line, I got all two weeks of business and casual clothes in a TravelPro roll aboard that fit overhead and a back pack that fit under the seat.

From that point forward, the convenience of always having my luggage with me overruled any sort of packing too much for any given situation.

That means getting all cruise packing, for a week's worth of casual vacation, in a roll aboard and a back pack seem like a piece of cake.

Harrrrummphhhhh!😉

• Haha 1

We are sailing on August 7th. This is our first celebrity cruise in 10 years. Normally sail on Regent.
 You made my day..week..with your postings. I am looking so forward to sailing on Celebrity again. 

Really wish to thank you for all the information you provided. You answered all my questions. Be well, be safe and onto more journeys. 
sheila

• Like 2

6 hours ago, sofietucker said:

We try to do carry-on only for shorter trips. So we gave our butler a bag of laundry on Wednesday morning and got it back last night (Friday). (We'd flown in a couple of days in advance .) The slow delivery was surprising, as comparatively, HAL has a 24-hr turnaround--abd on a full ship. So that gave us pause 

That sounds about right for Celeb laundry, although I would have said late Thursday or early Friday rather than Friday evening. That’s why we don’t go the carry on only route. We also get a free bag with our Amex. We pretty much only fly Delta

And thanks to Bnurick, great responsiveness, we really appreciate you taking the time to answer questions so well. Glad you had a good trip. We started going through cruise clothes untouched for a year to prep for our Aug 1 Equinox trip.

Edited by cangelmd

15 minutes ago, cangelmd said:

And thanks to Bnurick, great responsiveness, we really appreciate you taking the time to answer questions so well. Glad you had a good trip. We started going through cruise clothes untouched for a year to prep for our Aug 1 Equinox trip.

Oh my!  I really miss my cruise clothes :classic_sad: LuLu Lemon is becoming so tiring. I love to dress up.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, cangelmd said:

That sounds about right for Celeb laundry, although I would have said late Thursday or early Friday rather than Friday evening. That’s why we don’t go the carry on only route. We also get a free bag with our Amex. We pretty much only fly Delta

I hope that you have a wonderful time on your cruise!

4 hours ago, dleahy4444 said:

Luminae stayed open later for lunch, 2 or 2:30, on boarding day (we had a 1:30 check-in time and popped up there "just in case"); they were still seating folks after we ordered and were served.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Bellaggio Cruisers said:

We are sailing on August 7th. This is our first celebrity cruise in 10 years. Normally sail on Regent.
 You made my day..week..with your postings. I am looking so forward to sailing on Celebrity again. 

Really wish to thank you for all the information you provided. You answered all my questions. Be well, be safe and onto more journeys. 
sheila

Maybe we will run into each on board 😊

Really looking forward to August 7th!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TrulyBlonde said:

Oh my!  I really miss my cruise clothes :classic_sad: LuLu Lemon is becoming so tiring. I love to dress up.

I hear you!
Have not worn my business or cruise clothes in over 15 months.

Need to start organizing the cruise wear and get in all in order.

The only blessing is I know the clothes will all still fit. 😉

• Like 3

We are on the July 31th sailing on the Edge    We live in Florida so we drive to port   Just wondering if anyone on the 6/26 sailing parked at the pier.   Thinking it was probably kind of different as to only one ship in port.   Just curious    Thanks

7 hours ago, sofietucker said:

Luminae stayed open later for lunch, 2 or 2:30, on boarding day (we had a 1:30 check-in time and popped up there "just in case"); they were still seating folks after we ordered and were served.

Oh good! Thanks

13 hours ago, Unlvswezel said:

Any insight on late disembarkation? Our flight in a couple of weeks isn’t until 5:30, trying to figure out options

9:30 was the latest listed on the disembarkation schedule. 8AM was the time we had to vacate our staterooms. You might be able to stay in one of the gathering areas later, but I wouldn't bet on it. Don't forget there are excursions--including at least one for folks whose flights leave AFTER 3:30... To the Everglades? These include a transfer to the airport, and they handle your luggage.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CQ19ke1F31g/

The coolest thing ever (well, after being on this historical cruise) was the water ballet, of having the Reflection and the Equinox see us off in Nassau, with water cannons and a battle of the horns (guess which one was loudest?). https://www.instagram.com/p/CQ2ROiNDSDE/

Equinox then accompanied us back to PortEverglades. 

Edited by sofietucker
  • Like 1

On 7/3/2021 at 8:38 AM, TommyD3 said:

Thank you for all the info !!!

AMAZING !!!

Wondering where was LLP (Celebrity CEO) ???

I know Richard Fain (Corporate CEO & Chairman) was onboard for several days?

Have not seen a single posting referring to LLP.

I believe she was on board the Apex inaugural sailing in Europe…

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, sofietucker said:

9:30 was the latest listed on the disembarkation schedule. 8AM was the time we had to vacate our staterooms. You might be able to stay in one of the gathering areas later, but I wouldn't bet on it. Don't forget there are excursions--including at least one for folks whose flights leave AFTER 3:30... To the Everglades? These include a transfer to the airport, and they handle your luggage.

CORRECTION: DH reports that the "must be disembarked" time was 9:50, not 9:30.

On 7/3/2021 at 9:38 AM, TommyD3 said:

Thank you for all the info !!!

AMAZING !!!

Wondering where was LLP (Celebrity CEO) ???

I know Richard Fain (Corporate CEO & Chairman) was onboard for several days?

Have not seen a single posting referring to LLP.

We only learned he was aboard during Capt. Kate's final announcements before we disembarked. Never saw him, even after we went online to review his portraits--BUT there is a photo from last week showing him, her, and others on the pier (he's in the middle): https://www.tradewindsnews.com/cruise-and-ferry/richard-fain-celebrates-aboard-as-cruise-sector-gets-back-to-pre-covid-normal/2-1-1033291

22 minutes ago, sofietucker said:

We only learned he was aboard during Capt. Kate's final announcements before we disembarked. Never saw him, even after we went online to review his portraits--BUT there is a photo from last week showing him, her, and others on the pier (he's in the middle): https://www.tradewindsnews.com/cruise-and-ferry/richard-fain-celebrates-aboard-as-cruise-sector-gets-back-to-pre-covid-normal/2-1-1033291

There are photos of him at the Martini bar mixing drinks for guests early on the cruise.....and on the Magic Carpet and a few others around the ship on this long thread and on other social media.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1