Meet and greet with Celebrity CEO Ms Lutoff-Perlo

LGW59

1 minute ago, Bo1953 said:

TR LOL, just trying to bridge or mind the gap, as it were...

bon voyage

I do find it funny that some blame LLP for almost everything and anything and seem to think they know her personally.  I think she has been focused on keeping Celebrity alive over the past 18 months rather than the laundry perk.  And I thank her for that!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

I do find it funny that some blame LLP for almost everything and anything and seem to think they know her personally.  I think she has been focused on keeping Celebrity alive over the past 18 months rather than the laundry perk.  And I thank her for that!

Yes, I tend to believe that a few of them are masochist as they keep coming back here to vent and some continue to sail X regardless... LOL

bon voyage

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Bo1953 said:

Yes, I tend to believe that a few of them are masochist as they keep coming back here to vent and some continue to sail X regardless... LOL

bon voyage

They only come back for the gelato 

• Haha 2

I know that all of you will find this difficult to believe, but I did not receive an invitation to sail with LLP. An oversight, perhaps. Had I received an invite and the stars were satisfactorily aligned, she and I would have mutually enjoyed each others company. But, that is not be....this time, anyway.

This lady cannot catch a break. Over three decades with the company and the top post holder since 2014, one would think that she has earned a good amount of respect for leadership and innovation, with some nice on top. As X cruisers, she has always been nice to us. Should we not show her the same courtesy? 

For sure, we do not have to like and approve of everything new and innovative that modifies and transforms X's presentation over the years. If you must voice displeasure, speak to the concept or change only. And, realize that changes are made with the approval of many folks. It is not a one man/woman show. Also, realize that the best creativity takes place outside the box. We would do well to think as such. After all, can you not enjoy yourself on a Celebrity ship without your 100% approval rating? I think you can. I know I will.

Now, back to that invitation oversight....  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Spif Barwunkel said:

I know that all of you will find this difficult to believe, but I did not receive an invitation to sail with LLP. An oversight, perhaps. Had I received an invite and the stars were satisfactorily aligned, she and I would have mutually enjoyed each others company. But, that is not be....this time, anyway.

This lady cannot catch a break. Over three decades with the company and the top post holder since 2014, one would think that she has earned a good amount of respect for leadership and innovation, with some nice on top. As X cruisers, she has always been nice to us. Should we not show her the same courtesy? 

For sure, we do not have to like and approve of everything new and innovative that modifies and transforms X's presentation over the years. If you must voice displeasure, speak to the concept or change only. And, realize that changes are made with the approval of many folks. It is not a one man/woman show. Also, realize that the best creativity takes place outside the box. We would do well to think as such. After all, can you not enjoy yourself on a Celebrity ship without your 100% approval rating? I think you can. I know I will.

S - will you check on mine while you have them on the phone???

😎😎😎

bon voyage

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Spif Barwunkel said:

Spif- there you go talk'n sense again.  Will you never learn?

I did not get an invitation either.  But I still like her anyway.

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Spif Barwunkel said:

You can have mine Spif, I’ll change the name to protect the innocent.

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Spif Barwunkel said:

This lady cannot catch a break. Over three decades with the company and the top post holder since 2014, one would think that she has earned a good amount of respect for leadership and innovation, with some nice on top.

LOL---What do you expect ?? This forum is named Cruise CRITIC and folks are expected to CRITICIZE " stuff "--- like " I didn't get no invitation to meet XXX "--- Put your name on the " Subscribe to xxx list " and you'll get " Invitations " to spend all kinds of money----- and, that " Loyalty " BS---- What " Loyalty " ?? Spend lots of money and get some free " whatever " ??  

Ya ain't gonna fool Pinboy with that " Loyalty "  ---- All we gotta do is take 6 more cruises to accumulate enough points to get 2 bags of laundry and 20% off of photos !!!!

Now, time to search for the " Who's On Board "  thread ---

Go Habs Go !!!!

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, rucrazy said:

I have always found (no one cares who you are) it's best to ask "who do you think you are?" 😉 

That is a loaded question for Celebrity loyalty members! 🥳

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, keesar said:

I must really have status.  I got the special invitation PLUS an invitation to an exclusive art auction.  Can anyone beat that?

I am outraged and immediately calling Celebrity to demand a refund for the cruise I never paid for on which I was invited to meet the CEO.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, CalTexCruiser said:

I got the special invitation and an invitation for a free dinner in Houston to see a presentation on Galapagos cruises...so I feel more special.

Well I’m sure LLP will not be there but perhaps you will get to meet the new CMO.

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, rucrazy said:

I have always found (no one cares who you are) it's best to ask "who do you think you are?" 😉 

LOL, if on CC or an X sailing with that question I would bring up my Captain's Club Card and provide the number!!!

LOL

bon voyage

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, keesar said:

I must really have status.  I got the special invitation PLUS an invitation to an exclusive art auction.  Can anyone beat that?

You beat me.  I just got an invitation to make a final payment.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bo1953 said:

LOL, if on CC or an X sailing with that question I would bring up my Captain's Club Card and provide the number!!!

LOL

bon voyage

Does it have a photo of Captain Crunch on the card, if so, you have some serious status my friend!!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, LGW59 said:

Does it have a photo of Captain Crunch on the card, if so, you have some serious status my friend!!

Actually it has a photo of "Mike Bayley" and I hugging with a note written on the card, which says (in part) "... if you do not know who he is, call me!" LOL

Alas, I would not want to pull rank on a DYKWIA... 😎

bon voyage

Edited by Bo1953

8 hours ago, CalTexCruiser said:

Perhaps I might meet & greet her as she disembarks and I embark on 9-25.  I'll make sure to carry her photo so I won't miss.

That's a good one. You get the fresh paint and a crew that is not focused on LLP.

Does LLP travel to these events alone? Why a cruise out of the Med. As Celebrity has mostly US passengers and I would think that Celebrity has more cruises out of FL than any other state or country.

I myself did not like the Edge Sweet Class. Our S1 mid ship suite was great.

On the positive side Celebrity has opened my eyes to other vacations options. NG Expeditions is the latest. Maybe Silversea if they change the dress code. And good old land trips. At this point Celebrity still is our favorite cruise line. We will cruise on Millie next year.

11 hours ago, TeeRick said:

Well, the brand has changed significantly during her tenure and for those who have been cruising with Celebrity for 20-30 years or more they miss a number of things that they have seen disappear or cut back. Some of those changes occurred before LLP of course so not all blame can be placed on her. I have only been cruising with Celebrity for 8 years and I like generally where the brand is headed. There have been a few changes that I didn’t care for. My overall gripe is with the ridiculous price increases. We were on track to doing 2-3 cruises per year with Celebrity but now we’ll be lucky to do one every other year. Our money can just go much further with multiple land-based vacations at this point.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1