2021 Summer in the Caribbean

Duffysmom

I’m disappointed Princess doesn’t have Caribbean cruises listed on their website for Summer 2021.  I’ve resorted  to sailing Celebrity Equinox in August 2021.  The other cruise lines all have Caribbean cruises for sale.  What’s up with Princess?

1 hour ago, Duffysmom said:

I’m disappointed Princess doesn’t have Caribbean cruises listed on their website for Summer 2021.  I’ve resorted  to sailing Celebrity Equinox in August 2021.  The other cruise lines all have Caribbean cruises for sale.  What’s up with Princess?

I just saw a news article that Celebrity has dropped their  vaccination requirement for passengers sailing out of Port Everglades. Is that the port you are sailing from?

27 minutes ago, dog said:

I just saw a news article that Celebrity has dropped their  vaccination requirement for passengers sailing out of Port Everglades. Is that the port you are sailing from?

Yes, thanks I will check it out.  

Princess is starting up first in Alaska and the west coast. Nothing scheduled for the east coast until the fall. Even in the past Princess did not have a big Caribbean position during summer months. It was only in 2018/9 that they began to leave the Caribbean Princess in the Caribbean until end of July before it sailed to Canada.

7 hours ago, Tak8 said:

I have a Caribbean Princess Caribbean cruise booked for mid May 21. The Caribbean Princess is doing Eastern/Western through July.

What year is your cruise? 

15 hours ago, Duffysmom said:

Tbh, thy don't usually because of hurricane season.  the waters can be really treacherous during the summer months.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FloaterBoat said:

Tbh, thy don't usually because of hurricane season.  the waters can be really treacherous during the summer months.

This!  And there are always long lines of people complaining if a port gets skipped or the order of ports gets changed... a Caribbean cruise in hurricane season is almost guaranteed to need adjustments (even if a storm isn't strong enough to warrant a name, there are often enough with sufficient strength to disrupt tendering or make porting hazardous)... even early November can still be dicey in terms of rough seas and potential re-routing.

• Like 1