Carnival Bus Transfer

1 hour ago, Vrybusy said:

The Carnival Bus transfer from POM to MIA for our upcoming July cruise was very inexpensive.

I’m always a little disappointed when I fly in the day before and I CAN’T take that easy and inexpensive transfer.  I always take it back though.

37 minutes ago, naxer said:

I’m always a little disappointed when I fly in the day before and I CAN’T take that easy and inexpensive transfer.  I always take it back though.

You could stay in a hotel near the airport, and then go back to the airport to get the transfer.

5 hours ago, Elaine5715 said:

Naxer is correct.  There is little cost savings for a solo cruiser to use ride share.  Shuttle services rarely take less than two guests.  I also have never been on a bus waiting for the bus to "fill up".  The buses are released when another bus pulls up.  

I guess getting to and from the ship is just another way that solo cruisers "get jabbed." (pun intended).  I know that shared van shuttles for MIA and FLL are only 15.00 and that from MCO to PC is only 20.00 and this is for single travelers.  If you go out of Galveston because of the distance from the two Houston airports, economical transfers would not be available.  I guess it all depends upon your port of embarkation.

6 hours ago, Anyislandwilldo said:

We are flying in the day before.  We will take the free airport shuttle to hotel and then the next morning take the free airport shuttle back to the airport to catch the transfer.  I opted to do it this way because I don't want any extra hassles on this trip.  I've taken taxis in the past, rented cars and such.  For me, this is how I prefer to go this time.

So, in your opinion, getting a hotel shuttle back to the airport in order to catch the Carnival bus is not an extra hassle that you want to avoid on your trip.  There are many MIA area hotels that offer shuttle service to the port, so you would avoid the extra transfer.  Also, since you started this recent posting with "We", that implies that there are two of you and a Lyft/Uber would be cheaper than the 34 dollars that the two of you will pay to take the Carnival bus after you take the free hotel shuttle. 

If it gives you piece of mind to do it this way, by all means do it, since after all it's your vacation.

30 minutes ago, reeinaz said:

That's what I plan on doing.

Carnival bus is 17 to MIA, you could avoid the extra hassle by inquiring if your hotel offers shuttle service or just take Uber/Lyft, thus avoiding the double transfer.  But, if it gives you piece of mind...

2 hours ago, ontheweb said:

You could stay in a hotel near the airport, and then go back to the airport to get the transfer.

I could, 😀, but I stay pretty near PortMiami when I'm there a day early.

38 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

Carnival bus is 17 to MIA, you could avoid the extra hassle by inquiring if your hotel offers shuttle service or just take Uber/Lyft, thus avoiding the double transfer.  But, if it gives you piece of mind...

It's just me and the hotel is minutes from the airport. I plan on completing my Carnival check-in at the kiosk at the airport. I hope that's still a thing. I feel like that might balance/outweigh any hassle of an additional transfer? I also feel like the sooner I'm in Carnival's hands, the sooner my cruise begins 🤣  If I change my mind or circumstances call for it, I can always cancel my bus and take the hotel shuttle to the port. I did make sure that my hotel offered both. 

6 minutes ago, JasperCruiser said:

I'm flying in the day before and staying in the hotel at the Orlando Airport. I wonder if I can arrange Carnival bus transportation even though I'm technically not flying in the day of the cruise. 

You could, but why?   Cruise Control Transportation will pick you up at your hotel at either 925 or 1145.  Another option is Cortrans, who will pick you up at your hotel as well between 10-1015 or 11-1115.  Both charge 20.00, it's 36 for the Carnival bus.

15 minutes ago, reeinaz said:

It's just me and the hotel is minutes from the airport. I plan on completing my Carnival check-in at the kiosk at the airport. I hope that's still a thing. I feel like that might balance/outweigh any hassle of an additional transfer? I also feel like the sooner I'm in Carnival's hands, the sooner my cruise begins 🤣  If I change my mind or circumstances call for it, I can always cancel my bus and take the hotel shuttle to the port. I did make sure that my hotel offered both. 

Regarding check-in, most of that will be done ahead of time online.  On our last cruise on Carnival in August of 2019, a swipe of our passport by a woman with a handheld device was all that was needed. 

2 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

You could, but why?   Cruise Control Transportation will pick you up at your hotel at either 925 or 1145.  Another option is Cortrans, who will pick you up at your hotel as well between 10-1015 or 11-1115.  Both charge 20.00, it's 36 for the Carnival bus.

Cortrans doesn't pick up at all hotels.

2 hours ago, reeinaz said:

I don't think airport check in is operating

2 hours ago, JasperCruiser said:

I'm flying in the day before and staying in the hotel at the Orlando Airport. I wonder if I can arrange Carnival bus transportation even though I'm technically not flying in the day of the cruise. 

Yes.  They don't care when you get to Orlando.  I come in a few days before, use hotel shuttle back to the airport and take the Carnival shuttle to Port Canaveral 

2 hours ago, Elaine5715 said:

Cortrans doesn't pick up at all hotels.

Both shuttle services I mentioned pick up at airport area hotels, which is where the poster I responded to is staying.  They obviously are not going to pick up at a hotel on International Drive.  Edit..and Carnival charges 36 and the shuttles charge 20.  The 16 dollar savings gives you dinner at Cucina or Jiji's on board.

Edited by SNJCruisers

15 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

Both shuttle services I mentioned pick up at airport area hotels, which is where the poster I responded to is staying.  They obviously are not going to pick up at a hotel on International Drive.  Edit..and Carnival charges 36 and the shuttles charge 20.  The 16 dollar savings gives you dinner at Cucina or Jiji's on board.

Why would anyone cruise out of Port Canaveral and not stay at WDW?   

5 hours ago, Elaine5715 said:

Why would anyone cruise out of Port Canaveral and not stay at WDW?   

Entirely your prerogative to overpay to see Mickey.  It'll put a smile on your grandchildren's faces.

Our Mardi Gras cruise will be our first time ever cruising out of PC after 35 cruises.

1 hour ago, SNJCruisers said:

Entirely your prerogative to overpay to see Mickey.  It'll put a smile on your grandchildren's faces.

Our Mardi Gras cruise will be our first time ever cruising out of PC after 35 cruises.

I found WDW resort prices to be comparable to nicer hotels by the airport.  

1 hour ago, Elaine5715 said:

I found WDW resort prices to be comparable to nicer hotels by the airport.  

Disney was long ago in my rear view mirror.  The only reason I am flying into Orlando is because of Carnival's decision to home port the Mardi Gras in PC.  Don't even have to leave the airport since I have a free night at the Hyatt Regency on the airport grounds.