non-refundable OBC

jannray

Can non-refundable OBC be used to pay for shore excursions if they are scheduled prior to sailing?  In the past we could reserve them by calling NCL, shore excursions desk and they would be charged to our onboard account once on board.  Has this changed?  Would I have to cancel then re book once onboard or just wait till on board?  Same question for reserving specialty dining from free at sea benefits? 

On my cruises in 2019 I was able to have my TA schedule the excursions (I suppose I could have called the Excursions desk number myself) in advance, getting me a reservation for them, with the payment to be made on-board from non-refundable OBC.

@hallux, I know a lot of cruisers really liked that option> book but don't pay until onboard; I have a cruise booked for May 2022 and am charged immediately for the excursion (they do give you the $50 discount and even the Platinum discount, as well. 

I read previously that others have attempted to do the same but have been told no can do anymore. 

If it's changed back to the previous option, I'd love to know how to do it. 

Cheers. 

1 hour ago, hallux said:

On my cruises in 2019 I was able to have my TA schedule the excursions (I suppose I could have called the Excursions desk number myself) in advance, getting me a reservation for them, with the payment to be made on-board from non-refundable OBC.

The ability to book ahead of time and pay onboard changed just prior to the covid shutdown, so there is little "real" experience.  There were a few posts back then that implied that you could pre-pay to book your excursions, then once onboard have your account adjusted, giving you credit for what you paid and using any available OBC for excursions.  Fingers crossed that this is true!