Know before you go

kwbrad

For those of you on the first few sailings, have you gotten your “know before you go” emails that John Heald was referring to? Just curious what they all cover in this post pandemic cruising world. 

13 minutes ago, kwbrad said:

For those of you on the first few sailings, have you gotten your “know before you go” emails that John Heald was referring to? Just curious what they all cover in this post pandemic cruising world. 

This is the main part of the email

0b5e50de-e674-4abd-8e5b-2d177783ba38.png
  • If you haven’t done so already, please complete Online Chck-in and select an Arrival Appointment. Don’t forget to opt-in for text alerts to stay up to date.
b949494a-5e98-4e97-9150-3b867271ee41.png
  • You will be asked to present proof of vaccination during check-in at the cruise terminal.  As a reminder, “fully vaccinated” means the final dose of the vaccine was administered 14 days prior to embarkation.*
  • Acceptable proof of vaccination must be in the form of the original vaccination record document issued by the country’s health authority that administered the vaccination (i.e., U.S. CDC's Vaccination Record Card). The name and birth date on the vaccination record must match the guest’s travel documents and show that the guest is fully vaccinated. 
  • Alternatively, you may present a digital COVID-19 Certificate (QR code acceptable) and a record of COVID-19 vaccination from a healthcare provider (original digital email accepted), personal electronic health record or government Immunization Information System record. 
  • We recommend you have the contact information (email and phone) immediately available of the healthcare provider or clinic site that issued the certificate, in order to validate the vaccination if needed. A vaccination registry site may also be used.
7adf398e-018c-4b7a-b7bd-64cb85931314.png
  • If you have been pre-approved for a vaccine exemption, you must show the negative results of a PCR COVID-19 test, taken within 72 hours prior to the cruise, and receive an antigen test at embarkation.  An online form will be sent to you so you can pre-register for your antigen test ahead of your arrival at the terminal.
  • Children two years or younger will not be required to undergo testing.
  • Acceptable proof of PCR COVID-19 testing to ensure authenticity of results are laboratory test record, digital certificate or healthcare record. 
  • The results must show first and last name, date of birth, type of test, date and time the sample was taken, result stated as “NEGATIVE” or “NOT DETECTED,” and details for the laboratory or testing site and/or healthcare provider.  If there is doubt as to the authenticity or validity of the test, and the healthcare provider is not able to be contacted to verify the test, embarkation may be denied.
8e18f5f1-617b-4edd-9401-abda26f10385.png
  • If you are vaccinated, you may participate in Carnival-operated tours and independent sightseeing.
  • It will be necessary to follow the health protocols for every port we visit, which are under the control of local government and subject to change without prior notice. Accordingly, please be prepared to wear a mask at all times (indoors and outdoors, except when eating, drinking or swimming). Additionally, physical distance must be maintained from others who are not your cruise companions.  
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, kwbrad said:

Just curious what they all cover in this post pandemic cruising world. 

What post-pandemic world are you referring to?

This pandemic is far from over. I'm looking at 2023 earliest!

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Aplmac said:

What post-pandemic world are you referring to?

This pandemic is far from over. I'm looking at 2023 earliest!

Simply mean I am curious how the emails have changed since the shutdown.  I am cruising in August and am interested in what those cruising now are seeing.  

Thank you for the info cowboy$fan

laumicmah - if I view that post on my computer it is normal (sort of) but on my phone it lists one letter at a time, I am guessing that is what you are seeing.  Something with the formatting from cutting and pasting.

• Like 1