What Do You Want To Know?

JamieLogical

38 minutes ago, Travelicious said:

Glad to hear you are able to go after all of the NCL disappointments.  I think you will like Celebrity.  The dress code is really not that strict.  If I can do it anyone can. Do you know what you are going to do in Tortola?  I would love to return to Tortola.

I booked a "Town & Country Drive".

Take in the views as you begin your drive through Road Town, the capital of Tortola. The open air, safari style jeep, will begin its ascent into the hills heading for Belle Vue. As you take photos from the Lookout Point at Manchester, enjoy the beautiful scenery as you drive along the Ridge roads capturing stunning views of the sea and adjacent islands including Guana Island, nestled in the Atlantic Ocean. The tour continues on to the village of Cane Garden Bay, home of the famous Cane Garden Bay beach. During this stop of approximately 1 hour you will have free time to visit the shops to purchase your local souvenirs and to relax or go for a quick swim, after which the bus will make its way down the northern shore driving through small villages like Carrot Bay, Capoons Bay and Apple Bay, Zion Hill and down the scenic coastal Sir Francis Drakes Highway back to the ship.

16 hours ago, SplashOfWater said:

I'd love to know how dressed up the guests are in the evenings: for dinner, shows, bars. We sailed on Celebrity a little over 10 years ago and found it too formal for us. We moved over to NCL for the more casual atmosphere, which suits us for vacations. Thanks!

Ditto.  And ditto on the thanks!

Edited by MorganClark

On 6/29/2021 at 1:46 PM, JamieLogical said:

I am sailing (*fingers crossed*) on the Celebrity Equinox on July 25. It will be the ship's first post-COVID cruise. It will also be my first solo cruise and my first Celebrity cruise, after having sailed exclusively on NCL. I am hoping to do a really thorough review, taking photos, videos, and notes daily. Not sure how much I will be able to post live from the ship, but will certainly post as much as I can when I return. I am particularly going to try to pay attention and make note of the differences between NCL and Celebrity, as my husband I have another Celebrity sailing booked in January.

What kinds of things do you want me to take note of and report back on? How do you prefer I report back?

Hi Jaime,

First off, congratulations on your nuptials! I'm in a similar situation as you (except I'm not married - anymore) in that I will be embarking (ship pun fully intended) on my 1st solo cruise as well, in 17 days on the Adventure of the Seas (R/T out of Nassau, Bahamas). While RCI is not NCL, I do have multiple NCL cruises booked (all as a solo). I'm fairly recently retired and cruising is my RAOC (Retirement Activity of Choice). I also have numerous other RCI cruises booked as well as CCL. But my very next cruise after Adventure of the Seas is the Celebrity Edge (in a Single Infinite Veranda stateroom) R/T out of Port Everglades (7-day W. Caribbean) on Oct 2nd. Also 1st time cruising with Celebrity.

I too, am a little apprehensive about the dress code on Celebrity. I'm hoping it won't be too "fancy pants". I'm joking that I'm going to have to "step up my fashion game" before my Edge cruise, so like you, I'll probably be buying a few new clothes (but no suit for this guy).

So, when you're on Equinox, I'll definitely be interested in the Celebrity "dress code". Also, as some have already mentioned; the dining, entertainment, venues as well as the accommodations (stateroom) and service (especially towards solo cruisers). Thanks in advance!

On 6/30/2021 at 8:43 AM, JamieLogical said:

Yes, we made it official on February 18. A nice, masked ceremony at the town courthouse with just the judge (who happens to be a coworker of mine), a random clerk pulled from the hallway to be our witness, and the two of us. It was perfect!

Congratulations! Wishing you both many years of cruising 🙂

• Like 1

Yes, we made it official on February 18. A nice, masked ceremony at the town courthouse with just the judge (who happens to be a coworker of mine), a random clerk pulled from the hallway to be our witness, and the two of us. It was perfect!

BIG CONGRATS!!!!!!

• Like 1

Congratations and best wishes Jamie!   Our 40th was last year with cancelled cruises so we will be celebrating 41 on the breakaway September cruise

• Like 1

On 6/30/2021 at 9:47 AM, CroozFanatic said:

I would request a big picture perspective on the big 3:

Food

Service

Entertainment

I think this is where Disney kills the competition, at least according to the online reviews. I've only sailed once...almost 20 years ago.

I frequent NCL because of the amenities for solo travel and the most important is the dedicated time from one of the members of the entertainment staff. Next would be the studio lounge and the meetups.

The other things I like about NCL are the financial incentives and perks:

Loyalty program

On board booking incentives (Cruise Next, Future Cruise, etc.)

Shareholder benefits

BUT............Disney does not have "Burn the Floor". That is one of my favorite NCL shows. Hubby and I sat right on the dance floor in the main dining room on The Epic to watch the "up close and personal" show. OMG.... I cannot describe how wonderful it was!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, coffeebean said:

BUT............Disney does not have "Burn the Floor". That is one of my favorite NCL shows. Hubby and I sat right on the dance floor in the main dining room on The Epic to watch the "up close and personal" show. OMG.... I cannot describe how wonderful it was!

Agree. Amazing athletes, beautiful people. Still, Choir of Man is my favorite.

• Like 3

On 6/29/2021 at 6:46 PM, JamieLogical said:

I am sailing (*fingers crossed*) on the Celebrity Equinox on July 25. It will be the ship's first post-COVID cruise. It will also be my first solo cruise and my first Celebrity cruise, after having sailed exclusively on NCL. I am hoping to do a really thorough review, taking photos, videos, and notes daily. Not sure how much I will be able to post live from the ship, but will certainly post as much as I can when I return. I am particularly going to try to pay attention and make note of the differences between NCL and Celebrity, as my husband I have another Celebrity sailing booked in January.

What kinds of things do you want me to take note of and report back on? How do you prefer I report back?

Hi Jamie!

I'd love to see menus for the MDR and Starbucks (if it has one) 🙂