Apex Israel Cruises - UK travel insurance

Stu UK

Has anyone in the uk found travel insurance to cover the Apex summer 21 itineraries when FCO are advising against all international cruise travel. I can find companies that cover the situation in Europe but Israel seems to cause the problem. 

1 hour ago, Stu UK said:

Has anyone in the uk found travel insurance to cover the Apex summer 21 itineraries when FCO are advising against all international cruise travel. I can find companies that cover the situation in Europe but Israel seems to cause the problem. 

Try Avanti... they seem to be a go on it.

On 6/29/2021 at 9:14 PM, kittywife77 said:

Try Avanti... they seem to be a go on it.

I will try them. Think it will be one a problem once the uk staycation season ends in Sept unless gov changed their advice. The following trumps all individual country restrictions unless it is changed. 

The Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office advises against cruise ship travel at this time. This is due to the ongoing pandemic and is based on medical advice from Public Health England.

Cruise ship travel means staying overnight for at least 1 night on a sea-going cruise ship with people from multiple households.

Our advice against cruises applies to international travel on a ship that is exclusively for pleasure or recreation, providing overnight accommodation and other leisure facilities such as entertainment venues or swimming pools.

As I understand it the government is talking about allowing double jabbed people being able to travel to amber countries without the necessity to quarantine on return. I read that if this is introduced that the advise not to visit amber countries will also be lifted. Boris has said today that an announcement will be made soon to bring this in during the summer. If the advise not to visit is lifted then all should be ok with our insurance. 
We are hoping to travel to Israel on the Apex in September so are watching the situation with our breath held. 

On 6/29/2021 at 7:50 PM, Stu UK said:

There are a few companies which do... search google for travel insurance for amber list countries.  I spoke to my insurer who drew a distinction between advises against travel, no cover, and all but essential travel when I would be covered. We re Greece and Cyprus on Apex in September and are fingers crossed! I truly dont know how the UK govt would know if we were on a cruise ship, or ferry or hotel or anything, unless they had to send in the RAF to fly us off! It is ridiculous to penalise cruiselines compares with all inclusives in the Balearic islands!

2 minutes ago, Covepointcruiser said:

No surprise with the Israel ports cancelled.   It’s just too risky right now.   

It's not a security issue, likely Israel will not let tourists into the country by then. Initially they were supposed to open for tourism on July 1st this was postponed already by one month and with rising cases further measures are already considered. Hence, there is too much uncertainty going on that X decided already now to cancel these ports of call.

58 minutes ago, LXA350 said:

Initially they were supposed to open for tourism on July 1st this was postponed already by one month and with rising cases further measures are already considered.

Sadly, the Delta variant has started to spread... From 4 cases a day, we're now at 300...

So the opening for international tourism had to be postponed to August 1st, for now.

There is an Apex cruise visiting Israel next September.