Latest debark time Panorama

travelplus

Our ship arrives Long Beach at 9:00 AM and I have a 7:55 PM flight from LAX on Alaska. What is the latest debarkation time to select? I want to be one of the very last passengers off. What time can I schedule my car service for? 

Thanks 

10 minutes ago, travelplus said:

Our ship arrives Long Beach at 9:00 AM and I have a 7:55 PM flight from LAX on Alaska. What is the latest debarkation time to select? I want to be one of the very last passengers off. What time can I schedule my car service for? 

Thanks 

Don't have to select any. Just hang out until the end. The ship will probably be back much earlier than 9am, more like 6am/6:30am. They will make an announcement when you must disembark or a final call. 

As I recall (it HAS been nearly a year and a half since we've cruised), last call to leave the ship is around 3 hours after the published arrival time. 

On one of our cruises (and it happened to be the one time I splurged for a suite because it was a great deal - so we had the option of being among the first groups off) we had something scheduled for later in the day so we just found a table and played cards until last call to leave.  

The big question mark is going to be any new Covid related procedures for disembarking.  

6 minutes ago, groundloop said:

As I recall (it HAS been nearly a year and a half since we've cruised), last call to leave the ship is around 3 hours after the published arrival time. 

On one of our cruises (and it happened to be the one time I splurged for a suite because it was a great deal - so we had the option of being among the first groups off) we had something scheduled for later in the day so we just found a table and played cards until last call to leave.  

The big question mark is going to be any new Covid related procedures for disembarking.  

I know this is the Carnival forums, but it seems they are adapting some of RCCL Covid protocol methods in certain aspects. So, on the AoS, they had people wait in their cabins and watch the T.V to be notified it was their time to debark. There’s a few vlogs out there detailing the process much better then I can explain. Not saying Carnival is going to do this, but it is possible they may do something similar. 

The cruises in Europe/Mediterranean have extended their disembarkation times due to Covid social distancing protocols allowing passengers to leisurely enjoy a late breakfast before disembarking if they were in a later group. I would not be surprised if Carnival did the same as they have on their Aida & Costa brands.

8 minutes ago, bdever said:

Precovid, I tipped my cabin steward $20 to allow me to remain on my Cabana in my swing chair and sip my coffee until 10:45ish on Panorama. 

That sounds like the life. 🙂 Maybe you work at Sony Pictures there in Culver City.😉 

sony.png

3 hours ago, travelplus said:

Thanks 

Change flight, maybe? Lots of different carriers fly from LAX to the Bay Area.

12 hours ago, cruisingguy007 said:

To break it down easier. Out of Cabin by 8:15-8:30, disembarkation begins at 9am, most off the ship by 10-10:30, the rest off by 11:30-noon. 

Lol early on I thought ok I'll just sleep in. Oh no, first off the cabin next door was banging all their drawers double checking to make sure they were empty. Plus as you say you have to get out your cabin. I think by 8 or 830, earlier than expected my cabin steward was knocking and asking me to leave.

Now I just get up and get off the ship. They close up the food venues and you cant do much onboard but sit with your luggage. Lolol for sure no sleeping in. I booked a b2b and going to see in a few months but I dont think they even let me get some coffee to wait around. Everything has to be closed and ready for next guests. It was a no dont touch. 

5 hours ago, cruisingguy007 said:

You can drive home quicker than sitting around the airport all day and into the night. 

I drink and Fly😃. I book First Class and it includes Lounge Access on Alaska. At $208 r/trip better than a tank of gas pun intended. You get soup too!

Edited by travelplus
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Lol early on I thought ok I'll just sleep in. Oh no, first off the cabin next door was banging all their drawers double checking to make sure they were empty. Plus as you say you have to get out your cabin. I think by 8 or 830, earlier than expected my cabin steward was knocking and asking me to leave.

Now I just get up and get off the ship. They close up the food venues and you cant do much onboard but sit with your luggage. Lolol for sure no sleeping in. I booked a b2b and going to see in a few months but I dont think they even let me get some coffee to wait around. Everything has to be closed and ready for next guests. It was a no dont touch. 

Aww shucks 😁

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, firefly333 said:

The specialty coffee closes nearly last. Grab one or two right before it closes. But first, the buffet is open later than the MDR. Try to go there as late as possible too (8-8:30am). The seating is packed but you can usually find some by heading aft towards the Seafood Shack. Those tables are the last to fill up and there is a station right there with condiments and sundries that staff uses. Very convenient. Plus you can return to get seconds or forgotten items by the small hallway to the bathrooms or the center entrance to the aft elevators. The small bathroom hallway is almost never used and you can zoom in and out and avoid all the luggage and people sitting in the walkway sitting on the sides of Lido Marketplace. You shouldn't have to get off until around 11:30 or so. They'll will be a final call so you should be able to stick around for a bit if you're just going to get back on. Make sure you see guest services as well for your B2B.

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4529/~/back-to-back-cruises

1 hour ago, cruisingguy007 said:

The specialty coffee closes nearly last. Grab one or two right before it closes. But first, the buffet is open later than the MDR. Try to go there as late as possible too (8-8:30am). The seating is packed but you can usually find some by heading aft towards the Seafood Shack. Those tables are the last to fill up and there is a station right there with condiments and sundries that staff uses. Very convenient. Plus you can return to get seconds or forgotten items by the small hallway to the bathrooms or the center entrance to the aft elevators. The small bathroom hallway is almost never used and you can zoom in and out and avoid all the luggage and people sitting in the walkway sitting on the sides of Lido Marketplace. You shouldn't have to get off until around 11:30 or so. They'll will be a final call so you should be able to stick around for a bit if you're just going to get back on. Make sure you see guest services as well for your B2B.

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4529/~/back-to-back-cruises

My car is for 11:30 so would 11 be a good time. I'm going to walk my suitcase off.