Bringing guests on board (non passengers)

kangforpres

Hi-

I'm overnighting in my home port, SF and was wondering if it's possible to bring some friends aboard who have never cruised before so I can show them around and maybe they will want to go on a cruise someday. I'm sure Covid might not allow this at the present time.

-Paul

When my sister worked on a HAL ship, my husband and I had to submit our Passport information to HAL. Once everything was approved we were given a time to check in with security before being allowed to board and security brought us to her office.

But who knows what the new protocol will be with COVID regulations 

Edited by woodworker&knitter

Yes it was possible. I did it a couple of years ago in Victoria. Has to be prearranged through Seattle and they have to get the ok from the ship.

That said, I am sure it will be a while before they will entertain it again because of Covid. Too bad as it is a nice thing to do.

A lot depends upon the port authorities. SF was a no-go in our experience. We were on a Disney cruise with our TA (close family). Some time before sailing, on our behalf, he tried to get a friend of ours onboard in SF. DCL was fine with it, but the port authority in SF was a firm no. They were allowing travel agents to board for the day, but no one else. Between that and the probable Covid limitations I wish you luck.

You can always ask.  Ask Seattle.  We were told to present passport information, etc to the front desk onboard. (Filled in form to be approved by the ship)  Our son's family got to come onboard in our home town.

And our daughter & son-in-law got to come onboard in Seattle.

Things are different now.  But you can always ask.

Barbara 

Edited by bcummin
  • Like 1