John Heald is stuck in the UK :( Will not be able to cruise :(

matymil

4 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

Actually they seem to be scheduling the comedians stay on ships longer right now. I know of some that are scheduled to be on ships for a month. It's probably easier than having them bounce from ship to ship right now. These are the ones I know about.

https://saintgregtravel.com/punchliner-comedy-schedule/

Nice blog! Very well presented and I love the colors! Also, thanks for the info on the comedians. 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, ryanpatricksmom said:

I love Carnival.  I like John.  With all due respect to his perception, we have absolutely no reason to believe that any group of travelers who were legally allowed to travel yesterday were denied boarding today.  We do know that he was not legally allowed to travel yesterday and was ultimately denied today.  An empty airport line for travel destined to the U.S. originating at Heathrow wouldn't be anything unusual with the existing travel ban in place.  That's the only circumstance that I witnessed on the video.

His video from YESTERDAY said despite the travel restrictions he was flying American Airlines with an "essential personnel" letter.  It just didn't work.  The travel restrictions have been in place for a while.

1 minute ago, balcony bound said:

His video from YESTERDAY said despite the travel restrictions he was flying American Airlines with an "essential personnel" letter.  It just didn't work.  The travel restrictions have been in place for a while.

You're right of course, I lost a day.  Epidural Spinal Steroid injection yesterday, LOL!

11 minutes ago, balcony bound said:

His video this morning said people were allowed to fly out yesterday. Could be true. Could be false. But he said that in one of his videos from this morning.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

His video this morning said people were allowed to fly out yesterday. Could be true. Could be false. But he said that in one of his videos from this morning.

Exactly. Also restrictions are changing all the time right now. Maybe he was given bad info but considering the source I doubt it. Also I'm sure John more than did his homework on what he needed to do to travel. 

Carnival has been transporting staff and crew from all over the world to the United States to resume cruising. 

I have faith that they have people in their logistics office that have an understanding of what regulations are within reason (things are constantly changing).  I find it hard to believe that what JH was totally on his own.  I’m sure his ticket was purchased by someone in the corporate office.  They thought they had the proper documentation to have this employee of their company travel to the United States (they were wrong).  

Some posters make it sound like JH was just deciding to go rogue and travel with some bogus documents. 

Carnival may have been in the wrong for assuming he was essential or believing he could travel, but I highly doubt it was JH on his own 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, ryanpatricksmom said:

I love Carnival.  I like John.  With all due respect to his perception, we have absolutely no reason to believe that any group of travelers who were legally allowed to travel yesterday were denied boarding today. 

and was ultimately denied today.  An empty airport line for travel destined to the U.S. originating at Heathrow wouldn't be anything unusual with the existing travel ban in place.  That's the only circumstance that I witnessed on the video.

Sorry, I forgot the quote.  I was responded to Mamallamaanddaddy

Well, I certainly don't have any reason to believe he would lie about it.

1 hour ago, ryanpatricksmom said:

We do know that he was not legally allowed to travel yesterday

What happened yesterday, I wasn't;t aware.

Just now, MamallamaAndDaddy said:

Well, I certainly don't have any reason to believe he would lie about it.

What happened yesterday, I wasn't;t aware.

I'm not suggesting that he was lying.  I do doubt that he was in the know as to the circumstances of the other passengers.

Nothing happened yesterday that I'm aware of.  The point is, in accordance with the restrictions in place (those enacted in January), he should have been restricted from traveling every day since then.  Perhaps there was some leniency over the course of the past few months, that I don't know, but the law is unchanged.  The exception is only in place for crew members with the appropriate Visa.  He didn't have that.

Btw, I don't blame this on John Heald.  Carnival is a huge corporation should have been fully aware of the laws, and been prepared accordingly.

• Like 5

As far as I can tell, there has been no change in being unable to enter the US from the UK in months.  Honestly, I think CC really dropped the ball. They should know the rules by now.  I don't understand why he says or thinks the rules changed yesterday, from everything I have been able to check, nothing changed yesterday.  His only chance was to go to the US Embassy and apply for an exception.

9 minutes ago, MrMarc said:

In a new video he says that his office is working on something, I bet he ends up with a visa tomorrow.

If he's going to fly on the C1-D crew visa, then he will need to adhere to the CDC requirements for arriving crew members, which means he would need to quarantine once onboard for 10-14 days.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, chengkp75 said:

If he's going to fly on the C1-D crew visa, then he will need to adhere to the CDC requirements for arriving crew members, which means he would need to quarantine once onboard for 10-14 days.

I didn't know that.  I wonder if there are any other exceptions that Carnival could get for him.  But my other question is why are they selling tickets to a flight without telling them the restrictions, and how are there enough people to make the flight even worth flying?

• Like 2

Here is who can and cannot come from the UK:

Sec. 2.  Scope of Suspension and Limitation on Entry. 

(a)  Section 1 of this proclamation shall not apply to:

(i)     any lawful permanent resident of the United States;

(ii)    any noncitizen national of the United States;

(iii)   any noncitizen who is the spouse of a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident;

(iv)    any noncitizen who is the parent or legal guardian of a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident, provided that the U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident is unmarried and under the age of 21;

(v)     any noncitizen who is the sibling of a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident, provided that both are unmarried and under the age of 21;

(vi)    any noncitizen who is the child, foster child, or ward of a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident, or who is a prospective adoptee seeking to enter the United States pursuant to the IR-4 or IH-4 visa classifications

(vii)   any noncitizen traveling at the invitation of the United States Government for a purpose related to containment or mitigation of the virus;

(viii)  any noncitizen traveling as a nonimmigrant pursuant to a C-1, D, or C-1/D nonimmigrant visa as a crewmember or any noncitizen otherwise traveling to the United States as air or sea crew;

(ix)    any noncitizen

(A)  seeking entry into or transiting the United States pursuant to one of the following visas:  A-1, A-2, C-2, C-3 (as a foreign government official or immediate family member of an official), E-1 (as an employee of TECRO or TECO or the employee’s immediate family members), G-1, G-2, G-3, G-4, NATO-1 through NATO-4, or NATO-6 (or seeking to enter as a nonimmigrant in one of those NATO categories); or

(B)  whose travel falls within the scope of section 11 of the United Nations Headquarters Agreement;

(x)     any noncitizen who is a member of the U.S. Armed Forces and any noncitizen who is a spouse or child of a member of the U.S. Armed Forces

(xi)    any noncitizen whose entry would further important United States law enforcement objectives, as determined by the Secretary of State, the Secretary of Homeland Security, or their respective designees, based on a recommendation of the Attorney General or his designee; or

(xii)   any noncitizen whose entry would be in the national interest, as determined by the Secretary of State, the Secretary of Homeland Security, or their designees.

And it looks like he would be eligible for a C-1/C-1D visa.  It is not clear whether the recommended quarantine is actually required though.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, MrMarc said:

And it looks like he would be eligible for a C-1/C-1D visa.  It is not clear whether the recommended quarantine is actually required though.

You're looking at two different requirements.  A C-1/D visa would get him the exemption to fly to the US, but he would then have to actually sign on the ship as a crew member, something he's said he is not going to do, and I'm not sure what position they would use to get him listed as crew on the crew list.  Then, once he is in the US, and joining the ship, he has to meet the CDC requirements for cruise ship joining crew, and I'm not sure if that requires a 14 day quarantine before travel, or just the 10-14 day quarantine onboard after joining, where the crewmember is quarantined to their cabin, and meals are delivered.  He can't have it both ways.  If he is a passenger, then the C-1/D visa is not applicable, and he can't fly.  If he's crew, then he needs to quarantine, and also wear a mask at all times.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, chengkp75 said:

You're looking at two different requirements.  A C-1/D visa would get him the exemption to fly to the US, but he would then have to actually sign on the ship as a crew member, something he's said he is not going to do, and I'm not sure what position they would use to get him listed as crew on the crew list.  Then, once he is in the US, and joining the ship, he has to meet the CDC requirements for cruise ship joining crew, and I'm not sure if that requires a 14 day quarantine before travel, or just the 10-14 day quarantine onboard after joining, where the crewmember is quarantined to their cabin, and meals are delivered.  He can't have it both ways.  If he is a passenger, then the C-1/D visa is not applicable, and he can't fly.  If he's crew, then he needs to quarantine, and also wear a mask at all times.

I found on place that said it was not clear if the quarantine was mandatory, but I am far from certain.  But he would clearly have to be considered an actual crew member, which includes service personnel such as hairdressers, so I assume entertainer or even brand ambassador would also qualify. But I am not an expert by any measure. 

6 hours ago, NightOne said:

He was trying to travel FROM England where he lives.

I believe he said it was U.S. personnel that stopped them and not UK

Back in January the US put on travel restrictions from the UK and Europe.  Those travel restrictions still show up.  They do not apply to US citizens and permanent residents (as well as other exceptions).

That presidential order appears to still be in place.  I suspect that it is a bit of tit for tat.  You put restrictions on us we put restrictions on you kind of thing.

• Like 1

I want to echo everything that @chengkp75 has said. Chris Wong was able to travel to the US from the UL just fine because he was traveling on a C1/D visa since he actually works on a ship and was able to quarantine on the ship. John is traveling for business on an ESTA and therefore subject to Presidential Proclamation 10143, which limits travel of individuals from many countries, including the UK. No disrespect to John, but he is not an essential worker (the show will go on without him) and his business in the U.S. is non-essential. 

There have been ZERO changes to travel from the UK to the US in the past 24 hours due to the Delta variant. That may have been the explanation given by someone, but they were mistaken. PP 10143 is the primary mechanism limiting travel right now.

Also, I doubt it was a US Customs and Border Protection officer since they do not have a presence at LHR. Preclearance is only done from Dublin and Shannon in Ireland. CBP would not deny boarding to someone at LHR. 

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, natefish95 said:

Also, I doubt it was a US Customs and Border Protection officer since they do not have a presence at LHR. Preclearance is only done from Dublin and Shannon in Ireland. CBP would not deny boarding to someone at LHR. 

It was said to have been homeland security